Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] The Ridiculous Tedious Striker Situation

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As in, we must sign a striker, Any Bloody Striker, maybe - but quite hapoy with our return of 13 goals from the last five matches, frankly. Just wonder how long it will take idiot pundits earning thousands of pounds to realise that 'The trouble with Brighton is they just don't score enough goals' is no more than a piece of badly researched crap, and not competant punditry at all.

Exactly - weā€™ve now scored in 20 out of our last 25 PL games (and 2 of those were 0-0 draws) . We score goals. Looks like Undav hasnā€™t worked out or RDZ doesnā€™t fancy him but club are still clearly looking - yet with Welbeck, Ferguson, Enciso, Sarmiento, Trossard, Mitoma - RDZ has not been left short of options has he ?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Exactly - weā€™ve now scored in 20 out of our last 25 PL games (and 2 of those were 0-0 draws) . We score goals. Looks like Undav hasnā€™t worked out or RDZ doesnā€™t fancy him but club are still clearly looking - yet with Welbeck, Ferguson, Enciso, Sarmiento, Trossard, Mitoma - RDZ has not been left short of options has he ?
Totally agree

Happy new year

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally agree

Happy new year
It's basically a list of footballers who all play better with a focal point striker along side them...

...and Danny unWelbeck.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think this is our massive dilemma. Ferguson has shown glimpses particularly tonight that he could come good. However, with Welbeck fit and the general strength of our squad he may not get the game time to advance
A slow steady increase in minutes will probably be the way, heā€™s clearly our number 2 striker now (assuming Welbeck is fit) and looks like Undav is off.

I would expect a full 45 at least vs Everton, I consider him ready

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Canā€™t swear to it - but arenā€™t those two in the Andone league of disruption and general naughtiness behind the scenes? Our no dickheads policy would be out of the window in a heartbeat if true.
Mitrovic is Serbian first (judging by his Covid curfew breaking with fellow London-based Serbs) and a footballer second. That may lead to trouble although he seems well liked by his team mates.

Toney is a god-botherer and (ironically) a naughty gambler (allegedly) otherwise apparently well liked by his team mates.

Not sure how disruptive any of that might be. I suspect the main barrier to going after them was we probably felt unprepared to pay the going rate at the time plus, of course, neither of them would have deigned to join little old Brighton anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's basically a list of footballers who all play better with a focal point striker

...and Danny unWelbeck.
Itā€™s a good joke but like the trope that ā€œAlbion donā€™t scoreā€ - a tired one given that Welbeck has missed just 3 games in a year due to injury going back to Boxing Day 2021.

And in the last two he missed we scored 5 goals.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
There are enough goals in the team but every time Mitoma crosses into an empty penalty area I think "if only..." Maybe I'm asking for too much but a fit CF would be nice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Look forward to a rehash at the end of this month of the ā€œwe need more goals from midfieldā€ argument even though we will still be playing the same midfielders who havenā€™t scored and invest heavily in the Einstein definition of madness.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Look forward to a rehash at the end of this month of the ā€œwe need more goals from midfieldā€ argument even though we will still be playing the same midfielders who havenā€™t scored and invest heavily in the Einstein definition of madness.
What would that be?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And when did he say that?

Correct answer: never.
FA5C3445-ACF9-43BB-BE99-56941AB00F23.jpeg

ā€œStop getting Einstein wrong!ā€ - Swansman

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Bit harsh on Welbeck to say since he left itā€™s been an issue.
In the three season since signing heā€™s managed the same number of goals in total that Murray managed in his last full season with us. Heā€™s good but never in the same league goals wise as Murray.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I still think Maupay was fine. Yes, he missed a shed load of sitters but at least he was there to miss them. For what he cost and for what we pay, he was very good value. Welbeck, don't rate him at all. Never have. But I think Solly March is one of our better players so what do I know.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I still think Maupay was fine. Yes, he missed a shed load of sitters but at least he was there to miss them. For what he cost and for what we pay, he was very good value. Welbeck, don't rate him at all. Never have. But I think Solly March is one of our better players so what do I know.
Thought we looked better when March went off last night, he has a habit of crossing into empty spaces just look up for a second canā€™t be that difficult

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here