Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ridiculous Tedious Striker Situation

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Mitrovic has been the one to get for a few seasons. Could’ve got Toney a few years ago. How good would that have been now !

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Mitrovic has been the one to get for a few seasons. Could’ve got Toney a few years ago. How good would that have been now !
maybe I'm imagining things but I'm pretty sure we were either consistently linked with/rumoured to have bid for both of them

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fairly useless, as just stretchered off with what could be a serious injury (Toney, that is).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest with you, he could actually fit in well. It’s not a bad shout
As in, we must sign a striker, Any Bloody Striker, maybe - but quite happy with our return of 13 goals from the last five matches, frankly. Just wonder how long it will take idiot pundits earning thousands of pounds to realise that 'The trouble with Brighton is they just don't score enough goals' is no more than a piece of badly researched crap, and not competant punditry at all.

Last edited:

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
As in, we must sign a striker, Any Bloody Striker, maybe - but quite hapoy with our return of 13 goals from the last five matches, frankly. Just wonder how long it will take idiot pundits earning thousands of pounds to realise that 'The trouble with Brighton is they just don't score enough goals' is no more than a piece of badly researched crap, and not competant punditry at all.
As we saw today when Ferguson came on, we need someone who can hold the ball up and play the actual centre forward role- it will give us much more options. Yes, we scored goals of late- but it won’t last all season. We ALWAYS go on long runs without finding the back of the net. What’s wrong with more options - we have never replaced Murray- Moore is that type.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As we saw today when Ferguson came on, we need someone who can hold the ball up and play the actual centre forward role- it will give us much more options. Yes, we scored goals of late- but it won’t last all season. We ALWAYS go on long runs without finding the back of the net. What’s wrong with more options - we have never replaced Murray- Moore is that type.
As we saw today, maybe we just have.

Win lose or draw, I'd rather have young players playing rather than sitting on the bench while some 30 year-old lower league journeyman keeps them out of the team. If Ferguson needs to go out on loan, we can just go back to 13 goals in 5 games and make the best of it.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I don’t believe we need a new striker. I would like us to continue to improve our attacking patterns and especially our return from set pieces. I’m hoping the recent changes in coaching personnel may facilitate that.

We have a lot of very young attacking players who have pace and skill. They’re not finding the net regularly yet, but I’ve faith that the more they play, the more clinical they’ll become.

We also have a stable of loan players, and the law of averages suggest that at some point at least one of them will come good. In all, I’m excited about the future of our club, and the “all eggs in one basket” approach that comes with breaking wage structures and paying £70mil+ transfer fees isn’t for me. Man City and Chelsea are available if bought success is your thing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t believe we need a new striker. I would like us to continue to improve our attacking patterns and especially our return from set pieces. I’m hoping the recent changes in coaching personnel may facilitate that.

We have a lot of very young attacking players who have pace and skill. They’re not finding the net regularly yet, but I’ve faith that the more they play, the more clinical they’ll become.

We also have a stable of loan players, and the law of averages suggest that at some point at least one of them will come good. In all, I’m excited about the future of our club, and the “all eggs in one basket” approach that comes with breaking wage structures and paying £70mil+ transfer fees isn’t for me. Man City and Chelsea are available if bought success is your thing.
Halle-bloody-lujah!. This ........................ plus Ferguson coming through!

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We are at peak now, we don't need this mysterious, alusive striker most of you bang on about. We're going to struggle to keep hold of Ali Mac and Caceido. Caceido has played 23 PL games. If we signed this mysterious 20 goal a season number 9, he'd be gone in a season. Then what?

People need to wake up. We're not in the championship anymore, we're a mid table PL side. We're not pushing top 4. Stop being so ungrateful. This is as good as it gets, we're not getting CL, anything else is a bonus.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

. . . or we sign Keifer bloody Moore?? :ROFLMAO:

I am glad the club is run by Bloom and Barber and not Tommy11.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So your plan is to get in a fairly average striker who isn't performing at Bournemouth and then completely change the way we play?

As an alternative to the "ridiculously tedious striker situation" it leaves a lot to be desired. I'll stick with Bloom Barber and De Zerbi I think. They seem to be doing rather well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Can’t swear to it - but aren’t those two in the Andone league of disruption and general naughtiness behind the scenes? Our no dickheads policy would be out of the window in a heartbeat if true.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That’s the punt on survival.
And that is what any outlay on a striker would be - a punt. With very few exceptions, such as Glenn Murray, there is no such thing as a proven goalscorer. Some strikers thrive at one club then flop elsewhere (Garry Birtles, Peter Davenport). Let's hope that Evan Ferguson's goal against Arsenal is the first of many, but meanwhile I like the fact that we are beginning to get goals from everywhere in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here