Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The riches of our Chairman Mr Tony Bloom

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No wonder he rejected the bids from Norwich

“I still think of us as a big club,” Bloom said. “I see no difference between us and Ipswich, Norwich, Southampton, Portsmouth."

im surprised he mentioned Southampton lol

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'm pretty certain that the club have had property in the Marina for a number of years now as somewhere for loan players to live when they move to the club. It certainly pre-dates the Bloom era.

By Bloom era I assume you mean the advent of his ownership / chairmanship?

If so, it's been mentioned elsewhere that Bloom has quietly invested pre-takeover and in any case, he may have 'lent' the club the use of such property...although the players all seem to congregate at some hotel accomodation in Brighton before settling in mid-Sussex from what I keep hearing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
By Bloom era I assume you mean the advent of his ownership / chairmanship?

If so, it's been mentioned elsewhere that Bloom has quietly invested pre-takeover and in any case, he may have 'lent' the club the use of such property...although the players all seem to congregate at some hotel accomodation in Brighton before settling in mid-Sussex from what I keep hearing.

Yes I did mean since he took over as chairman, however the point about property at the Marina was being made as though it was something that had only just started happening and regardless of who owned the property I was pointing out that the club had been offering these services for a number of years now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Having spoken to someone who DEFINITELY knows how much he has i can say we are VERY VERY safe.

Obviously wouldn't want to disclose the rounded figure but the stadium is a DROP

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are not many people who make money out of owning a football club - let alone be a helluva lot richer. If he does make any money - well good luck to him - but I doubt it is factored into his long-term planning.

Not strictly true. There is a fairly long list of people who have made money out of Premiership clubs going back as far as Martin Edwards of Man U and a recent as the Golds and Sullivan now of West Ham.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not strictly true. There is a fairly long list of people who have made money out of Premiership clubs going back as far as Martin Edwards of Man U and a recent as the Golds and Sullivan now of West Ham.

Some of the top Premiership clubs for sure. Not so many examples from Clubs our size. But to be a helluva lot richer Bloom would have to take some serious money out of the Club. It may happen - but I doubt he is banking on it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Really? I thought he sold PremierBet to Interactive Gaming Holdings plc in 2005. In 2005, Interactive Gaming Holdings had a turnover of £23.4 million and made a loss of £2.3 million. This doesn't sound like a company that would spend £500 million on anything.

Untitled Document

Nice article however those loses were posted after Mr bloom cashed in on Premierbet...if anyone can turn this into something i understand please be my guest.

Investegate |Interactive Gaming Announcements | Interactive Gaming: Acquisition of Premier Bet

This seems to be a good explanation of his pre-albion life:

Premier Bet's founder Tony Bloom was formerly trading director in charge of football at the Victor Chandler International offices in Gibraltar. A brilliant statistician and high-stakes poker player, Bloom is an extremely shrewd professional punter, especially where football is concerned. At the climax of the 1998 World Cup he advised Victor Chandler to bet their entire profit of the competition on France in the final - he won.

Bloom's other great love is American football and he's renowned for taking time out to study the form near warm weather NFL training camps in Florida and California during the British winter.

Also of interest:

Bloom’s portfolio is diverse. He began investing in private equity companies and start-up businesses in his mid to late twenties and his property interests, both commercial and residential, stretch as far afield as Panama, South Africa and Australia.

He was filthy rich from investments when he got hired by Victor Chandler, he became stinking filthy rich during that time, left, set up Premier bet and sold it before it went tits up adding to that ever growing pile of cash.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I am pretty sure no one knows apart from him and he isn't going to tell us so just let him get on with it!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's been bankrolling us for years yet many thought dick knight was:lol:
16 million-thats how much we,ve lost while being at the withdean
100 million-new stadium
15 million-new training facilities etc

Thats a bloody lot of money,bloom is god:smokin:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Some people on here are annoyed that the dont know his wealth. Tough shit. The stadium wouldnt be f***ing built if he didnt stump up the cash.

Its nothing like Archer etc. You dont build a f***ing stadium approaching 93m+ only to take it away a few years later.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When you have more money than fits under the mattress, you keep it in other ways (assets).
If you have a lot of wealth you have a lot of assets.
These assets change value constantly.

Tony Bloom will not know how much he is worth.

Now please carry on .............................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its all starting up again isn`t it ?
A lack of transparency from our chairman.
Its Archer and Stanley all over again.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
but its ok for you to turn on Ashley barnes for missing a few chances.

f*** me, what a fan!
Prick!

To be fair its more than a few chances. And the difference is Ashley hasn't just saved the club from being f***ed, Bloom has. So to have a pop that he didn't sign a striker if we dont go up in a little bit strong don't you think. Anyway another classic oneliner from sam. Oh, I called him a prick, no doubting will be on in a mo, so I'll save myself another post.... ****

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
big man saying it from behind your keyboard aint ya, i know for a fact that you would not say it to my face you sad sad man.

Sep 1, 2010
clueless. absolutely clueless.
what is your issue with TB? what more could you possibly want from your chairman? please do tell me exactly which part of his stewardship you take issue with? is it the amazing new stadium, is it our position at the top of the table, perhaps it's his appointment of poyet that has annoyed you, or our style of football? do tell.

Whatever you think you know and understand... you are WRONG. it's been repeated on here a thousand times, plus the argus, the BBC, various national newspapers many many times but this time try and listen... our dear lord Tony Bloom has paid for the stadium, all of it, in cash. He hasn't borrowed against assets, he has used his OWN available funds to pay the bill. This is extraordinary. But yet you seem to prefer to fixate on what you perceive to be a lack of investment in the team - even though we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

I didn't say anything about a lack of investment in the team. Tony Bloom has been our saviour, if i am wrong the funding of the stadium then i am wrong, but if you want to spin anything else then i am afraid that is not what i said. The reply was not meant to be inflammatory. Nothing i have ever posted has that intention.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
big man saying it from behind your keyboard aint ya, i know for a fact that you would not say it to my face you sad sad man.
Be quiet you sad sad little man. You love dishing out, but you hate taking it don't ya pal. You are a little bully aint ya. Every time you disagree with someone or you aint got an answer, just like over on the Dicker thread you either disapper or call someone a **** of pratt or whatever, using you class one liners. But someone has a pop at you and you come out with that shit. As I said BULLY BOY. With that in mind I know for a fact I would say it to your face, and bullies have a tendency to f*** off quick when fronted. Now go back to chewing your brick

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Be quiet you sad sad little man. You love dishing out, but you hate taking it don't ya pal. You are a little bully aint ya. Every time you disagree with someone or you aint got an answer, just like over on the Dicker thread you either disapper or call someone a **** of pratt or whatever, using you class one liners. But someone has a pop at you and you come out with that shit. As I said BULLY BOY. With that in mind I know for a fact I would say it to your face, and bullies have a tendency to f*** off quick when fronted. Now go back to chewing your brick

i have only called you a prick ect ect, after you started saying it on a thread a while ago. I belive that was when you were slagging off ashley barnes and i stuck up for him. Like i said you wouldnt say it to my face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here