Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reputation thing: keep it or bin it?

The reputation system

• Keep it

Votes: 100 28.8%
  • Bin it

Votes: 247 71.2%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Either:

Keep BUT let people see who's voting and saying what

OR

Bin it , just another secret way of people having swipes at one another.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
get rid , some NSCers are getting bad rep which is undeserved IMO

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It'll end up (already starting to) being the main topic of conversation on here.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Keep it. Sorts the wheat from the chaff and by looking at current reputations it has it absolutely spot on IMHO.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Like I said on other threads, it could be fun. But it's just being abused by people who want to be vulgar and sexist under the veil of anonymity. It's far too complicated. There should simply be a +1 or -1 points system, with a minimum number of posts (say, 100) as the criteria to rep someone, and some kind of buzzword scheme to root out offensive stuff. I also don't think much of the idea that you have to rep 20 different people before you can rep a person twice. Some people make really good posts, and deserve to be repped for them, regardless whether you have repped them previously. The same applies to people who make truly awful or offensive posts. It's reasonable that reps should be anonymous but those who rep just to be offensive should be rooted out.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I would keep it but with some sort of sanction for unfairly deserved negative rep points - i.e. if you think someone has put you down for no valid reason you can report it to a mod who can sanction the perpetrator. However, I am aware that could add a ridiculous amount of work for the mods...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No problem with it but I agree those leaving feedback should be named.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Undecided. I am not 100% sure it gives a true indication of a poster's validity as you can be crucified for holding a different view on one subject, and I'm not sure that should be viewed as a negative. I don't want this board full of people just saying what they think is popular in order to get some rep. I like different views and don't want people put off posting them because they'll get a bad rep. Threads and posts of people moaning about moaners for example just smell a bit to me like people looking to boost their rep rather than add anything of any worth to NSC.

A counter argument for the people saying that if you leave feedback then you have to be named is that it would lead to tit for tat negative repping. You "negged" me so I'm "negging" you. It will turn into play ground style arguments and we have enough of them on here already! Perhaps a user can refer their unnecessarily abusive negative comments to the Mods who can then trace the user who left them and take any action deemed fit, i.e. a telling off or a small ban

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Would prefer a 'Like' or 'Dislike' button on individual posts, rather than individual posters. We know who the dickheads are already.

Some the comments are just puerile, and the keyboard warriors - because of their anonymity - can bollocks up an otherwise half-decent idea.

Bin it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bin it,.. I got a red mark for simply asking a question,..... polite, contructive and structured question.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Bin it

That thread yesterday about post on this thread and i will give you positive rep, shows how crap it is, i half expected that to be right up there with the Leon Knight thread.
I didn't even open that thread so appologise if there was more to it than that but please dont neg rep me, i would just cry and cry and cry!!!

Bollocks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here