Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Don't be daft. There are dogs wearing clothes, the word association game, the What Exactly Does Spanish Dave Do thread, the world's hardest animal competition, the Brighton Restaurant 2013, lots of photographs of ladies in not much clothing, and the occasional bit of Albion news, just off the top of my head.

You just can't buy that level of entertainment elsewhere.

But apparently not threads about bad haircuts. :nono:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd suggest the title of this thread would give you a MASSIVE hint as to why !!!!

I didn't think Poyet's house for sale had much to with the various Suspension Rumours nor the incident in the Palace dressing room. So the thread title doesn't really give me any clue to be honest. Unless I'm oblivious to something totally obvious. ???
Title: *~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
:fishing: either that or you are

a) Stupid (as another poster later alluded to!)

b) a child.

You might not like that fact but you are a customer. You pay money for the product which is Brighton and Hove Albion, assuming you do go to games and buy the odd shirt or pie?

Your point about the culprit has already been answered but the fact you assume that purely from the fact an apology was made brings into question your understanding of English Comprehension and might go someway to explaining a vast number of your previous posts!!

Tony Bloom is ultimately responsible for security (however, I assume that is not the answer you want someone to give!).

But you're dying to aren't you?

Why use more than that when the two he used were an adequate deduction from reading your post?

Whether we like it or not, the 'fans' at the end of the day are the customers of a business that is called Brighton and Hove Albion (or whatever the corporate entity is). The business is owned by the shareholders. As with any business that sells a product, you do so by trying to satisfy your customers. The fact that we very rarely sold out the Withdean and now attract 22,000 season ticket holders suggest people do exercise their right not to 'buy the product' from the club if they don't think it is up to standard.

Notwithstanding any of the above, what concerns me is that, having read 8 pages, I haven't seen one post from Uncle Spielberg complaining that he has now been gagged!!! Or maybe he has taking that literally hence he hasn't posted. Every cloud as they say!

Congratulations! Pompous, condescending and insulting all in the same post. Why is expressing an opinion so offensive to some people?

Do you really see BHA as a business? Is that all it is to you? Where's your passion?

maglers, aged 12(ish)

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I think that Bozza is bang on with all of this. People need to be very careful of what they post as certain bit of rumour and conjecture can be taken as libellous.

The former (General) Manager of the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs, Brian Burke, has filed a defamation lawsuit against 18 people, after they made comments in online forums, "accusing him of having an extra-marital affair with a sports reporter." Burke is a former lawyer and well aware of the implication of this "gossip." It would seem that no action is to be taken against the owners of the forums, only against the posters who defamed him. This has a fairly high profile in Canada right now and has online communities concerned with what precedent this could set.

I know that it is not the same situation as the one currently being discussed on NSC, but personally I do not think that people should be so cavalier with what the say, claim or allege. Online anonymity is largely fictitious.

Here is a link to the Burke story.

Former Leafs GM Brian Burke files defamation suit

http://globalnews.ca/news/515329/former-leafs-gm-brian-burke-files-defamation-suit/

This was the point I made. People have taken action against posters but I'm not aware of action against messageboard admins.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Congratulations! Pompous, condescending and insulting all in the same post. Why is expressing an opinion so offensive to some people?

Do you really see BHA as a business? Is that all it is to you? Where's your passion?

maglers, aged 12(ish)

12, that's older than I thought. The point is clear to everyone (well almost everyone) that the club are investigating hence the reason they are not going to release information piecemeal just to satisfy the curiosity of fans/customers.

As for BHA, yes, it is a business, get over it. From my point of view it is about watching the team but regardless of that, it is still a business.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
That was me and yes it is fact. Any one who has worked for or within the stadium will testify that each individual key card can be pre programmed to only allow access to certain areas.

The changing rooms/warm up & practice areas, and press sections will have their own security bracket. I'm sure that only a few (circa 30) staff would have access on a match day. I don;t know who they are and i certainly wouldn't want to guess but i would imagine it would be fairly easy for the club to figure it out. Proving it would be another matter.

Would I be right in thinking that which cards entered which doors at what time would be automatically logged on a computer system? If so then the culprit(s) shouldn't be difficult to find

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Wolves were the last team to get changed there. FACT.

They were upset at relegation. FACT.

Barber has been looking at staffing reductions to save money. FACT. (probably)

Some staff are employed to clean changing rooms. FACT.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
12, that's older than I thought. The point is clear to everyone (well almost everyone) that the club are investigating hence the reason they are not going to release information piecemeal just to satisfy the curiosity of fans/customers.

As for BHA, yes, it is a business, get over it. From my point of view it is about watching the team but regardless of that, it is still a business.

Passionless. Very, very sad. You must be very old.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wolves were the last team to get changed there. FACT.

They were upset at relegation. FACT.

Barber has been looking at staffing reductions to save money. FACT. (probably)

Some staff are employed to clean changing rooms. FACT.

fact me
now that is interesting

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Passionless. Very, very sad. You must be very old.

nothing wrong with getting old
the old adage the older you get the wiser you get
mind you that does not always carry

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would I be right in thinking that which cards entered which doors at what time would be automatically logged on a computer system? If so then the culprit(s) shouldn't be difficult to find

We have an older electronic key system at our tennis club to gain entry to the club itself and, those who are granted access, the bar. Our antiquated computer logs all key usage which are time stamped. So in theory it would be straightforward to see which key(s) gained entry. However that's not to say the correct user had the key.

In fact they would be pretty stupid to use their own key.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here