Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Worzel says the his players Didnt need to be gee'd up to beat us, but needed to be calmed down because of the phantom turd flinger.
Says we are a great club and have handled the situation with dignity.

Nothing much to learn or any great revelations but these are FACTS and here is the B.B.C link.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22616388?SThisEM

Fair play to Olly; & the exact opposite to the cretin who did the do-do. Talk about shooting The Albion in the head... :nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is a house for sale in Orpington that has less photo's in the online particulars than it had yesterday.

No. All the photos are still there, including the one of the games room, with all the framed football shirts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Fair play to Olly; & the exact opposite to the cretin who did the do-do. Talk about shooting The Albion in the head... :nono:

You have to say he and Palace have acted impeccably over the whole incident. They didn't even mention it afterwards. If it wasn't for the leaked email, it would probably have never got into the media at all.

I truly wonder what the perpetrator must be thinking now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Edit: Sorry, facepalm wasn't meant for you. I was going to say that you are of course right but the point I was making is that the Board and/or Chairman appoint the CEO. Glasfryn was just raising the question if his ongoing vitriol against a certain member of the staff.

:facepalm:

Glasfryn was actually looking for some truth and that certain member of staff or for that matter any member of staff have been sadly lacking in that department.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
You have to say he and Palace have acted impeccably over the whole incident. They didn't even mention it afterwards. If it wasn't for the leaked email, it would probably have never got into the media at all.

I truly wonder what the perpetrator must be thinking now.

They have been very gracious about it, but I wonder if they would have been quite so if we'd beaten them?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
What with the boys at the Old Bailey,Poogate and the suspension/sacking of staff we could do with some good news right now.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have one. Ian Holloway was the one to find the mess. A fact given out by 5 live last night in an interview with Gary Dicker.

Then I refer my learned friend to the "He who smelt it dealt it" ruling of any playground anytime in recent history.

Case Closed M'lud

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They have been very gracious about it, but I wonder if they would have been quite so if we'd beaten them?

This. It's easy to be gracious when you win. Presumably the POOPETRATER was hoping we'd win and Parish would spend the next 3 months arguing with the spotty HF Herberts on twitter and the BBS that the loss wasn't down to Freedman leaving but rather because we left them a brown message. Unfortunatly it backfired tremendously which is a shame as Palace had spent the previous 2 months as a laughing stock and now we're it. Now who wants to take a dump in the Watford dressing room at Wembley? (joke) (probably)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
what kind of punishment could a poo-er expect?

Lose job after his loose jobbie - naturally

Anything else? Any legal precedents?

I have a deal of sympathy with Bozza and his carefully considered response to the situation in which NSC finds itself. And I agree that ill-informed speculation helps no-one and can be a threat to the quality of debate that we like to see on NSC.

However ... I do think it is perfectly reasonable for Albion fans to want to know what is happening at our football club. Suppressing ALL accounts of what is happening is unhelpful.

In that spirit, I feel it is perfectly reasonable to report the following facts that I can personally vouch for.

1. Some months ago, I was told by a senior employee of the club that Paul Barber was taking decisions that were considered by him to be "horrendous". I later discussed this allegation with a director of the club who said that the decisions were recognised to be contentious, but were in the best interests of the club.

2. More recently (in mid April), I was told by a very senior person within the club that Gus Poyet was going to walk away from the Albion at the end of the season, regardless of the outcome of the play-offs, because his relationship with Paul Barber had completely broken down.

In reporting these facts, I am not taking sides in any Barber v Poyet "dispute". I am merely confirming my view that whatever has produced this turmoil has a longer history than the events of the past 10 days.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1. Some months ago, I was told by a senior employee of the club that Paul Barber was taking decisions that were considered by him to be "horrendous". I later discussed this allegation with a director of the club who said that the decisions were recognised to be contentious, but were in the best interests of the club.

Are you able to shed any light on what the 'horrendous' decisions were? (I take it they don't relate to putting up the price of the pies...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here