Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Understand bozza's position but isn't it a shame when people look to sue over what is in the main idle gossip about a subject close to all of us on an internet forum

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
has the Hillsborough thread been taken down as well
I can't find it

As I said in the first post, because I have some real work to do, I just mass moved 6 days worth of threads - I'll resurrect the ones I can later.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Understand bozza's position but isn't it a shame when people look to sue over what is in the main idle gossip about a subject close to all of us on an internet forum

Look. Maybe it's not the Albion looking to sue NSC, does that occur to you? Bearing in mind that there is an ongoing investigation relating to individuals at the club, there is a chance that somebody is going to come away in the end unhappy. Perhaps the club don't want speculation going on so publicly because it could impact on that. I'd rather the Albion took their time & followed the correct route in terms of determining what happens next, than just binned a very successful manager and then facing court proceedings due to some loophole.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Once again: given that 99.99% of people using this board know nothing of what was said to Bozza or the reasons behind it, for you to call it ridiculous is, frankly, ridiculous. There may well be extremely sound legal reasons for it, and perhaps we should be grateful that it has been quietly raised at this stage so that it can be dealt with rather than ignored until such time as somebody gets served with a writ.

It's all quite easy for you to sit at home with little fear of any consequence from what you post. Personally, whilst I have no doubt @%1; is aware there is an inevitable risk associated with being the official owner of a public forum, it nonetheless feels completely unacceptable (to me, and, I would hope to most of you) that he should ever end up having to face legal proceedings simply because somebody on here cannot grasp a polite request to avoid speculation.

If you want to gossip about the intimate details of this affair, do it down the pub. That is all he's asking.

Thanks - and you'll note that I said I was not blaming the mods at all in the first sentence of my post, more the party that had prompted this action. Bozza has since pointed out that my assumption that someone had "threatened" legal action is incorrect. So I was wrong. It happens! Don't think it really required your patronising school mistress response.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As I said in the first post, because I have some real work to do, I just mass moved 6 days worth of threads - I'll resurrect the ones I can later.

OK Bozza I understand lots of work little time

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Don't you think there may be a good reason for this particular twisting of knickers?

Maybe, maybe not. Bozza hasn't said that someone has made a legal challenge against the site so we don't actually know what was said to make him decide to take this action.

Legally I thought that messageboards admins could only get into trouble if they refuse to take down libellous material once notified and its not up to the message board to decide what is libellous and what is not, just react to someone else saying it is.

This would be done by someone reporting specific posts, not by sending a general message.

Hard to comment really though as bozza, for obvious reasons, isn't commenting on who communicated with him or the specifics of what was said.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Look. Maybe it's not the Albion looking to sue NSC, does that occur to you? Bearing in mind that there is an ongoing investigation relating to individuals at the club, there is a chance that somebody is going to come away in the end unhappy. Perhaps the club don't want speculation going on so publicly because it could impact on that. I'd rather the Albion took their time & followed the correct route in terms of determining what happens next, than just binned a very successful manager and then facing court proceedings due to some loophole.

Wow - have you got out the wrong side of bed today ? Where did Bra say the club were looking to sue NSC ? For what it's worth I agree with him - it's a sad reflection of society today that everyone is scared of being sued and everyone wants to sue at the drop of a hat. I blame the Americans.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Never mentioned the club as looking to sue over speculation, bozza made it clear earlier about that. Gossip, speculation happens all the time when events like this happen it is just human nature I guess it is difficult to know when that idle gossip becomes more hence my first comment that I understand. It does not stop it being a shame

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
From what i've seen reported across many media the last few days, this board has been rather handy for reporters and their gossip and "insider knowledge" now Bozza has lumped everything together on here, it's an easily accessible one stop shop for the media's gossip needs.
Oh, and one last thing, the pathetic "oh Bozza, this place is like a communist state" merchants need to grow the feck up,

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Apology has been made, the matter should be put to rest now. Although it should be noted that CPFC seem to have kept a dignified silence media wise.

Ye , I wonder why they've been so quiet about it ??!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here