Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* The ONLY suspensions / 'poo-gate' thread - FACTS ONLY *~*~*

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ye , I wonder why they've been so quiet about it ??!!!

Perhaps because they won and they've more important things to worry about like say.......a trip to Wembley.......or being 90 mins away from the premier league??

I doubt they would have been so quiet had the result been different but then we'll never know will we!

Linking to an Estate Agent's website, designed by its very nature, to be publicly viewed? That's hardly likely to be a problem.

Well, the other thread about a certain football managers house being up for sale has been moved pretty quickly.

I smell conspiracy. I'm not sure what about but I smell one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why was the last one almost instantly removed and you're original not back on the forum?

The new one was moved by a mod, because as per Bozza's very clear instructions, there is to be just this one thread on Gus, etc.

The one from last night, was removed along with every other thread started in the last 6 days, to be checked for anything legally dodgy.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ye , I wonder why they've been so quiet about it ??!!!

I am finding it hard to get my head round that, especially after the guy posted on here about how few people can actually get in the changing rooms. He stated people have to be buzzed through certain doors, as well as using their own security key passes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But I don't think is a tenable position for NSC. It is a message board to discuss all matters Albion. If you cannot discuss matters (very important ones) Albion, at a time when people are very concerned, angry, and wanting answers and to voice their own ideas as to what has happened, then you may as well close it down.

No one on here (or possibly a couple) is more aware of libel law than me, but this is too draconian and renders the board a waste of time.

Huh? Are you really incapable of discussing anything Albion related if you're not allowed to say things that someone who one would assume is as much an expert in libel as you, if not more, has advised could cause trouble?

The are a whole host of things Albion that are safe to discuss, and a whole bunch of things Albion related to discuss if you are careful about what you say.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am finding it hard to get my head round that, especially after the guy posted on here about how few people can actually get in the changing rooms. He stated people have to be buzzed through certain doors, as well as using their own security key passes.

Is that fact if so you maybe close to the truth.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the club (or their representatives) are so concerned about speculation, why don't they release some facts instead of anodyne press releases that reveal absolutely nothing? And if the suspensions of the coaching team aren't related to this, then why can't they give us the reason(s) why they have been suspended and a timescale for when things are likely to be resolved one way or the other. I don't think I'm the only one who puts a large sum of money into the club's coffers every season - if it was any other business that had treated me like this I'd withdraw my custom and go somewhere else. Unfortunately, as I and the club know, that's not an option, principally because I'm a fan, not a customer.

:fishing: either that or you are

a) Stupid (as another poster later alluded to!)

b) a child.

You might not like that fact but you are a customer. You pay money for the product which is Brighton and Hove Albion, assuming you do go to games and buy the odd shirt or pie?

well said sir ....Oh and by the way its not coaching team its STAFF
two other things
if an opology has been made to Palace then can we assume they know who the culprit is?
and if someone has put a bit of a "D" notice on this site "the truth is out there somewhere" and it does look to me as though someone might have gotten close to the knuckle.
Oh yes and thirdly I aways knew we would end up being just a little like North Korea, no standing, clackers and now this
Oh and fourthly who is in charge of security at the Amex

Your point about the culprit has already been answered but the fact you assume that purely from the fact an apology was made brings into question your understanding of English Comprehension and might go someway to explaining a vast number of your previous posts!!

Tony Bloom is ultimately responsible for security (however, I assume that is not the answer you want someone to give!).

5 pages and nobody has mentioned the "b" word

But you're dying to aren't you?

That, sir, is a well-reasoned argument. Know any more words?

Why use more than that when the two he used were an adequate deduction from reading your post?

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison and to an extent I agree with @maglers ( although he put it rather badly ). I'm sure if Tesco was to find itself in financial trouble none of us ( unless we worked for them ) would give a monkey's backside. No, we'd go to Asda instead etc.

The club on the other hand isn't just the team, the manager, the chairman or even the limited company. Fans are an integral part of it as they are loyal to that particular club. None of us are going to take our custom elsewhere - the worst that happens is that we decide to spend our money on different things. Fans are the club. Therefore I agree with maglers - it's not unreasonable to expect at the very minimum a timescale from the club. They must have one as employers disciplinary procedures usually have them - when you're disciplined one of the first things you get is the allegation and the timescale around the process.

Whether we like it or not, the 'fans' at the end of the day are the customers of a business that is called Brighton and Hove Albion (or whatever the corporate entity is). The business is owned by the shareholders. As with any business that sells a product, you do so by trying to satisfy your customers. The fact that we very rarely sold out the Withdean and now attract 22,000 season ticket holders suggest people do exercise their right not to 'buy the product' from the club if they don't think it is up to standard.

Notwithstanding any of the above, what concerns me is that, having read 8 pages, I haven't seen one post from Uncle Spielberg complaining that he has now been gagged!!! Or maybe he has taking that literally hence he hasn't posted. Every cloud as they say!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:fishing: either that or you are

a) Stupid (as another poster later alluded to!)

b) a child.

You might not like that fact but you are a customer. You pay money for the product which is Brighton and Hove Albion, assuming you do go to games and buy the odd shirt or pie?

Your point about the culprit has already been answered but the fact you assume that purely from the fact an apology was made brings into question your understanding of English Comprehension and might go someway to explaining a vast number of your previous posts!!

Tony Bloom is ultimately responsible for security (however, I assume that is not the answer you want someone to give!).

But you're dying to aren't you?

Why use more than that when the two he used were an adequate deduction from reading your post?

Whether we like it or not, the 'fans' at the end of the day are the customers of a business that is called Brighton and Hove Albion (or whatever the corporate entity is). The business is owned by the shareholders. As with any business that sells a product, you do so by trying to satisfy your customers. The fact that we very rarely sold out the Withdean and now attract 22,000 season ticket holders suggest people do exercise their right not to 'buy the product' from the club if they don't think it is up to standard.

Notwithstanding any of the above, what concerns me is that, having read 8 pages, I haven't seen one post from Uncle Spielberg complaining that he has now been gagged!!! Or maybe he has taking that literally hence he hasn't posted. Every cloud as they say!

if this is so then it answers a lot of the questions I have asked
and the "b" word could mean a lot of things

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I think that Bozza is bang on with all of this. People need to be very careful of what they post as certain bit of rumour and conjecture can be taken as libellous.

The former (General) Manager of the NHL's Toronto Maple Leafs, Brian Burke, has filed a defamation lawsuit against 18 people, after they made comments in online forums, "accusing him of having an extra-marital affair with a sports reporter." Burke is a former lawyer and well aware of the implication of this "gossip." It would seem that no action is to be taken against the owners of the forums, only against the posters who defamed him. This has a fairly high profile in Canada right now and has online communities concerned with what precedent this could set.

I know that it is not the same situation as the one currently being discussed on NSC, but personally I do not think that people should be so cavalier with what the say, claim or allege. Online anonymity is largely fictitious.

Here is a link to the Burke story.

Former Leafs GM Brian Burke files defamation suit

http://globalnews.ca/news/515329/former-leafs-gm-brian-burke-files-defamation-suit/

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was posted on here last night by a poster with a name something like rubytustic?
He stated that he had been working at the Amex and knew the security procedures for all areas, which he claimed the changing rooms most difficult to gain entry.

I think we have said too much already then, best leave this particular unsubstantiated avenue of investigation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Aside from wanting to know the facts the club CAN'T release any information. Presumably, as they're following due process, the suspensions aren't disciplinary they are merely designed to discover the facts behind an event(s) and by suspending people it's allowing the individual(s) and the company the time to present their cases. IF TB came on here stating this and that they'd be hung out to dry by any half decent lawyer.

and finally, why should TB or anyone else discuss the internal workings of the club with the fans? We may love the club, pay a few quid for supporting the team and have been to numerous away games, but I don't think that gives us the right to first dibs on the position of a senior manager's disciplinary process and outcome, the club, as a Ltd Co will issue a statement when they have something to say.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
It was posted on here last night by a poster with a name something like rubytustic?
He stated that he had been working at the Amex and knew the security procedures for all areas, which he claimed the changing rooms most difficult to gain entry.

That was me and yes it is fact. Any one who has worked for or within the stadium will testify that each individual key card can be pre programmed to only allow access to certain areas.

The changing rooms/warm up & practice areas, and press sections will have their own security bracket. I'm sure that only a few (circa 30) staff would have access on a match day. I don;t know who they are and i certainly wouldn't want to guess but i would imagine it would be fairly easy for the club to figure it out. Proving it would be another matter.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That was me and yes it is fact. Any one who has worked for or within the stadium will testify that each individual key card can be pre programmed to only allow access to certain areas.

The changing rooms/warm up & practice areas, and press sections will have their own security bracket. I'm sure that only a few (circa 30) staff would have access on a match day. I don;t know who they are and i certainly wouldn't want to guess but i would imagine it would be fairly easy for the club to figure it out. Proving it would be another matter.

that is interesting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here