Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Official Wimbledon 2012 thread ***

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Screamer has dropped a set again. :clap: I hope she doesn't get away with this one like she did against the magnificent and extremely beautiful bottlejob that is Tsvetana Pironkova. :blush:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maria's through to the quarters

maria-kirilenko.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Come on Muzza.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
During the rain delay I would like to just say the BBC Online video player which enables you to either watch live or rewind to any point during the days play is a neat bit of kit. More than one court to choose from as well. Well done BBC. :)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Maria's through to the quarters

maria-kirilenko.jpg
Kiri's first QF appearance at Wimbledon. :clap2: :love:

Shame she's unlikely to progress any further as she's up against Radwanska.

Likely to get play wrapped up quite early on centre, can't see Djokovic hanging about against his inferior fellow compatriot.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Quite a few babes through to the quarter-finals: Maria Kirilenko, Victoria Azarenka, Sabine Lisicki and Angelique Kerber. Shame that Kim Clijsters was hammered on her final appearance at Wimbledon - she certainly has the nicest personality.

In the mens draw, I think Mardy Fish could spring a couple of surprises and reach the semi-finals at least. His game is well suited to grass.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In the mens draw, I think Mardy Fish could spring a couple of surprises and reach the semi-finals at least. His game is well suited to grass.
If he can finish the job against Tsonga, his draw is certainly favourable (especially when compared with Murray's). Surprised by how well he's kicked on after his 5 set struggle past James Ward, where he looked absolutely knackered and wasn't moving particularly well. But he strolled past Goffin in straight sets (no mean feat) and like you say is now looking a reasonable bet for a semi-final place.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very selfish I know but rain for the rest of the day would suit, my wife and daughter have court 2 tickets tomorrow so with any luck a decent match might get bumped down there

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Very selfish I know but rain for the rest of the day would suit, my wife and daughter have court 2 tickets tomorrow so with any luck a decent match might get bumped down there

I dobut they'll get all todays matches done. They'll obvisouly finish all the Centre court schedule, Murray will be done in 5 mins, the other mens singles are going on at the mo. Whatever they get done, they'll be matches tomorrow, weather permitting, as the next mens round will be due to be played.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Job very well done for Murray, with minimal fuss - although Cilic looked dead on his feet at times (more so yesterday). Tsonga's come back strong against Fish, took the second set and is now a break up in the 3rd. Gasquet's on the brink of going out to Florian Mayer, surprised by that.

Ferrer v Del Potro match surprisingly one-sided in Ferrer's favour so far. The Spaniard's looking very dangerous - will certainly cause Murray a few problems as he obviously did at the French, have to fancy Murray on the grass though. Think I'll stay loyal to Kirilenko though and watch her match with Radwanska on Court One.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I dobut they'll get all todays matches done. They'll obvisouly finish all the Centre court schedule, Murray will be done in 5 mins, the other mens singles are going on at the mo. Whatever they get done, they'll be matches tomorrow, weather permitting, as the next mens round will be due to be played.

They are normally quite lucky but we knew Court 2 on second Wednesday = doubles, still they are hoping to see Hewitt as he's one of the few big names they haven't seen yet

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm gonna say it. I'm actually gonna say it.

I think Murray will get to the final this year. It's opened up nicely.

That's ruined it for everyone now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here