Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Official Wimbledon 2012 thread ***

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Hes 25. Although he did come to the sport later than most and has improved well in recent years.

25? That's disappointing to hear.

Bloody hell this Rosol guy! Can't see how Rafa is going to get out of this pickle. Fantastic news for Murray and Rosol will lose 6-1 6-1 6-1 next game and never be heard of again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One more hold of serve, that's all it's going to take.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Great stuff Tim and inverdale, keep calm BUT THERES A TINY CRACK IN THE DOOR FOR ANDY!!! WIMBLEDON HAS KICKED OFF!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Did everyone see Fish's missus earlier? Bloody hell world class

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Murray is scheduled to meet Marian Cilic in round 4, that won't be easy whatsoever.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Unbelievable scenes. Can't believe Nadal is out.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i've watched and played the game for 20 odd years now and i've never seen hitting like that! it was so pure,flat and hard..99mph back hands ffs!!! i cannot believe this guy(who's 26!!!) has lost 1st round quallies 5 times and is 100 in the world-incredible...bet he loses next round.

saw an odds question earlier....at 5-5 in the 1st he was 12/1 with Rafa at 1/80

i predicted a Djok v Tsonga final before tourne so i'll stick with that!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Murray is scheduled to meet Marian Cilic in round 4, that won't be easy whatsoever.

He's got to get past Baghdatis first. I would expect him to, but again, not an easy one. AM has looked pretty good so far though. I think his route currently looks like Baghdatis, Cilic, maybe Ferrer or Del Potro, then Tsonga in the semis, and I would guess Djok in the final. No easy matches there - I'd be partcularly worried about Ferrer prior to the semis.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Cilic was looking like one for the future a few years ago, but he really hasn't made a lot of progress since. If Murray actually plays a good game of tennis like he is capable of doing (not saying by any means he will) then Cilic should not be much of an issue for him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He's got to get past Baghdatis first. I would expect him to, but again, not an easy one. AM has looked pretty good so far though. I think his route currently looks like Baghdatis, Cilic, maybe Ferrer or Del Potro, then Tsonga in the semis, and I would guess Djok in the final. No easy matches there - I'd be partcularly worried about Ferrer prior to the semis.

Ferrer is not a grass court player and will be much less of a threat to Murray than he was in the French Open, Del Potro is the toughest test before the semis, Murray can comfortably beat Tsonga on his day but I reckon he'll choke in the semis. I feel like whoever makes it to the final on this side of the draw will win it though for some reason.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was reading that Sharapovo has got upset with comments Giles Simon has made about the equal prize money. He commented that he got the same for his 2nd round exit in a match lasting hours as a women who's match lasted half an hour.

He says the mans game is more exciting and Sharapova came back saying her matches get a bigger crowd that his - Its not because of the quality of tennis, dear.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Re-run of yesterday's fifth set now being played on BBC2 and BBCHD :drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here