Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The official Sports personality of the year thread***

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Strongest list for years but definitely Wiggo for me. The thing I hate about SPOTY is making the 2nd and 3rd athletes come up to accept a meaningless trophy, I find it very embarrassing for them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Strongest list for years but definitely Wiggo for me. The thing I hate about SPOTY is making the 2nd and 3rd athletes come up to accept a meaningless trophy, I find it very embarrassing for them.

Not meaningless in a year like this one, just like silver and bronze medals aren't meaningless in the Olympics.

Has to be Brad. He has been incredible this year, and not just in the Olympics and the TdF. Very unfortunate for the others that he is at the top of his game at the same time that they are.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Team GB shouldn't be up for team of the year because they aren't a team competing in a single sport, they are a load of individuals competing for a nation.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Would like to see Jess Ennis win it.
Think it'll be Wiggo though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wiggins, winner of one of the toughest competitions ever, and an Olympic winner too. End of debate.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hate this programme, one MASSIVE wankfest and the BBC show hardly any sport now so may as well have a cooking personality of the year

In this of all years, I think a 'wankfest' is fully deserved and should just be enjoyed.

Its been a stunning year, so let's enjoy the recap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here