Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official rally/protest thread [merged threads]

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Jim in the West said:
The speeches were great - excellent points, relayed with real passion. It was highly amusing to listen to Lord B starting off by apologising that he wasn't used to this political stuff, and then seeing him deliver a truly superb speech.

The only disappointment was the Tory t*sser who managed to find a way onto the platform.

Well, if it gets the message across to one or two of his fellow Tory Councillors in LDC who have been supporting the Lib Dems then the end justifies the means.

Anyway why haven't we seen a picture of you in that marvellous costume today yet? NSC readers should not be denied that pleasure.:)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Screaming J said:
Anyway why haven't we seen a picture of you in that marvellous costume today yet? NSC readers should not be denied that pleasure.:)

There is one, lurking somewhere. I thought I might have looked a bit of a prat, and I was right :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jim in the West said:
There is one, lurking somewhere. I thought I might have looked a bit of a prat, and I was right :)

Never...

dscf1081rm4.jpg

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I've uploaded quite a few photo's here, including some from earlier in the day when we were trying to explain the issues to as many conference delegates as possible.

Lots of Demo Photo's Here

I personally spoke to lots of the delegates, nearly all of whom were very supportive and interested in finding out more about the issues.

From the reactions I got, I feel really positive that we got the message across and that possibly some good will come out of it.

All in all a brilliant weekend :clap2: :clap2:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Exiled in Exeter said:
I don’t think these pictures rival clippedgull, but for what it is worth here are the first pictures I’ve taken with my new camera phone!

Former Dutch Marine!

And who is the STUNNINGLY attractive woman handing FDM the banner to sign (which said Lying Deceitful Cheats by the way!) - she must be a supermodel!

Mrs Coach.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Coach said:
And who is the STUNNINGLY attractive woman handing FDM the banner to sign (which said Lying Deceitful Cheats by the way!) - she must be a supermodel!

Mrs Coach.

Oh there she is again! Simply gorgeous! MK aint bad either up close and personal like!

Attachments

• picture 014.jpg
    picture 014.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 405

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets be fair, anyone that comes along to gives support and speaks on our behalf , even if he is a tory as you put it, is very welcome indeed and I really think this thread has been spoilt by the comments made against him. :angry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I was pleased that he came to speak. But I thought he (and Councillor Jenny B-L) were both bandwagon-jumping just a little bit.

Would a Tory secretary of state have overruled two planning inspectors? Would he bollocks.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The councillor was very brave to go against the party Whips , certainly not a bandwagon jumper. Also Paul Elgood :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Al Bion said:
I've uploaded quite a few photo's here, including some from earlier in the day when we were trying to explain the issues to as many conference delegates as possible.

Lots of Demo Photo's Here

I personally spoke to lots of the delegates, nearly all of whom were very supportive and interested in finding out more about the issues.

From the reactions I got, I feel really positive that we got the message across and that possibly some good will come out of it.

All in all a brilliant weekend :clap2: :clap2:

Great to see the Wrexham banner again .... that banner has been all over the country inthe past 22 months

Great day

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I was pleased that he came to speak. But I thought he (and Councillor Jenny B-L) were both bandwagon-jumping just a little bit.

Would a Tory secretary of state have overruled two planning inspectors? Would he bollocks.
If the Tories were still running Brighton, we'd never have got Withdean, let alone Falmer.

Fair play to the LibDem lady - that can't have been easy - but she got a decent respectful reception and some fine, spot on heckles too, most notably the bloke near me who pointed at the Brighton Centre and shouted "say it in THERE Jenny!".

If I may, I'll defend Jenny Langston Barnard from any accusation of bandwagon jumping ... she was invited by the Falmer For All team to speak, rather than it being the other way round.

And, having hauled my own creaking legs up on to that particular wagon, there certainly wasn't much jumping going on.

:)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
John Boy said:
96004003-M.jpg

Notice the Tory candidate doesn't mention Falmer in his banner- can't even remember him mentioning it during his speech

Wouldn't trust that smarmy git as far as I could throw him. Hedging his bets by not putting FALMER on his placard, thereby not risking losing any votes in the parish of Falmer. Treat with EXTREME suspicion. :tosser:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tom Hark said:
Wouldn't trust that smarmy git as far as I could throw him. Hedging his bets by not putting FALMER on his placard, thereby not risking losing any votes in the parish of Falmer. Treat with EXTREME suspicion. :tosser:
Totally agree. Everything he said was 'YOU did this and YOU did that - not WE did this...' The dopey tosser couldn't even get that part of electioneering right. :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here