Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official rally/protest thread [merged threads]

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well done everyone. Glad the generator worked and I thought my PA system sounded better than Withdean (not difficult!)
Speeches were good, turnout was great, and I think the ructions inside the conference will be considerable. Political parties don't like disunity and they've certainly got plenty of it on Falmer. Apart from Jenny Langston - who as she said voted in favour as a Lib Dem on The Brighton & Hove Council planning committee - the Lib Dems on the other side of the road holding the banner side included Paul Elgood (local councillor and parliamentary candidate) and Sue Bucknall (former mayor of Adur Council) who were apparently being leant on severely not to attend the rally (very liberal and democratic, eh?) and deserve our thanks for their forthright support. DeVecchi will have plenty to think about tonight.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The Meridian news item is here http://www.itvlocal.tv/

Click on News and Weather to see tonights news. The Lib dem conference is the first item and there is a short piece about the rally.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
my.php

:lolol:

Last edited by a moderator:

All in all the rally capped a very good weekend for the albion.
Some excellent speeches, especially Lord B and Paul Samrah. From the various bits of gossip floating around the rally it seems clear that the Lib Dem hierachy are not happy with the way their representatives in Lewes are acting.

These councillors represent a vote losing threat to the national party and I suspect/hope that pressure will be brought to bear on the lewes lib dems who are an utter embarrassment to them.

It was a decent turnout, down on previous years, but ironically I feel this years protest may actually have more of an influence over our future than the previous ones.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Tooting Gull said:

I don't think we should have given a platform to the Tory, if his only link to the cause is that he wants to beat Baker in the election then he's at best a shameless opportunist. Much as I'd love to see Baker out, I'd rather it wasn't to some 'Nice but Dim'. But hey, Labour will never win that seat, so beggars can't be choosers.

.... nor me

well said:clap:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
On my way back to the car after taking leaflets round the hotels this morning, I came across Sir M. Campbell. I gave him a leaflet and he promised to read it.

But he is a politician so he was probably telling porkies.

Jul 20, 2003
Caveman said:

This has to be the best of all. Splitting the party is going to do it. Lets just hope the Argus uses this!!!!

Perhaps Baker can start a breakaway called 'The Illiberal Beaureacrats' *adopts Radio 4 comedy voice*

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The speeches were great - excellent points, relayed with real passion. It was highly amusing to listen to Lord B starting off by apologising that he wasn't used to this political stuff, and then seeing him deliver a truly superb speech.

The only disappointment was the Tory t*sser who managed to find a way onto the platform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here