Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Greatest British sportsman ever

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So Wiggins has won more medals than any other British Olympian.
The first cyclist ever to win the Tour de France and the Olympic Time Trial in the same season.
He won Paris-Nice, Tour de Romandie and the Criterium de Dauphine this season too, as well as being unbeaten in time trials, this is a Merckxesque palmares and british cycling will never see the likes again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Greatest British sportsman ever

This, I do not think people understand the scale of his achievements, this is unprecedented, except by Merckx in cycling terms. In single season terms he has eclipsed anything Lance Armstrong ever managed (putting any doping debates to one side).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant, Wiggins visibly the fastest rider past us today on Hersham Green, fantastic result, brilliant atmosphere today. It's it even worth running SPOTY this year!!??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pity they went for the team option thing on Saturday-Wiggins could have won that too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pity they went for the team option thing on Saturday-Wiggins could have won that too.

No, he couldn't. Despite my Eddie Merckx comparisons, Wiggins is not that good.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Incidentally, how strong are Team Sky? 1st, 3rd, 6th and 13th in that Time Trial, if Porte had been riding he would surely have been top 20 too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
OK. He's pretty good though.

No doubt, as I said I cannot think of a season this dominant since Hinault in his prime, and Merckx before him. This is not supposed to be possible in modern cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling to believe how lucky we are to be watching these massive feats of sporting excellence, roll in one after the other.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm at the Velodrome for the Team Sprints tomorrow, so I am hereby promising two more GB golds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm at the Velodrome for the Team Sprints tomorrow, so I am hereby promising two more GB golds.
I appreciate I'm a Pessimistic Pauline, but I just can't see lightening striking twice.

The media coverage of the road race was shocking, before and after.
It'll be the same in the velodrome, even though 4 years ago, the nation couldn't spell it.

We were light years ahead in Bejing, it'll be so hard to reproduce that 4 years later.

Although BW will have gone some why to justify the 'team' and what they are working towards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone's obviously laying into Cancellara to Big Jens:-

Jens Voigt ‏@thejensie
Just like my dad told me ,, Be great in your victory and stand tall in defeat ‘‘ Thats what he did. At least how i see it.
Details
17m Jens Voigt ‏@thejensie
So- he is my hero for just ignoring the bad odds and not accepting defeat without a fight. A real man, not just a great athlete.
Details
19m Jens Voigt ‏@thejensie
But Fabian is not a quitter, he is a fighter, and he took his chances. He know if it does not workout there will be armchaircritics....

The man oozes class.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
No, he couldn't. Despite my Eddie Merckx comparisons, Wiggins is not that good.

ah! eddie merckx is the pele of cycling

bradley wiggins is more like gazza

sorry,bradders but there is a massive compliment in there somewhere

hinault is my alltime fav,ok only because i was lucky enough to meet him and he was an absolute gent,photos,autographs etc

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I appreciate I'm a Pessimistic Pauline, but I just can't see lightening striking twice.

The media coverage of the road race was shocking, before and after.
It'll be the same in the velodrome, even though 4 years ago, the nation couldn't spell it.

We were light years ahead in Bejing, it'll be so hard to reproduce that 4 years later.

Although BW will have gone some why to justify the 'team' and what they are working towards.

What have you been drinking Stat? You've been on a right downer over gb cycling at these Olympics!

I think we'll get 4 gold from the track, maybe 5.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What have you been drinking Stat? You've been on a right downer over gb cycling at these Olympics!

I think we'll get 4 gold from the track, maybe 5.
Just managing the expectations!

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Great day

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343841033567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343841033567.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343841065774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343841065774.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 35