Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official 'Let's keep the We Love You/Ultras Song' Thread****

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I did, me and mate got the Elliot Bennett song going last season, which proved to be far more succesful than this. I don't remember countless threads a day trying to get rid of it. Your effort?

Comment number 27 on this thread. I am not criticizing anybody's songs/ideas. I am supportive of new ideas and if i feel i've got something worth adding that's going to help them i will. I noticed you were just adding negative shit like some of the others. So what, you started the elliot bennett song but no one else is entitled to start other songs?!?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Whilst I don't particularly love nor hate the song, I can tell you why it's not really caught on - from someone who sits down towards the South end of the East Stand. I know the words from reading them on NSC - but it is so quiet when it's sung by the North and the words are so unclear that no-one around me has any idea what the lyrics are. All we can ever here is a mumbling to a tune, and then WOOOOOo... Wooooo---oooooo.. before it starts again.

It's not a bad song. It's not an amazing song. But that's why the whole stadium don't sing it.

In my opinion.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Comment number 27 on this thread. I am not criticizing anybody's songs/ideas. I am supportive of new ideas and if i feel i've got something worth adding that's going to help them i will. I noticed you were just adding negative shit like some of the others. So what, you started the elliot bennett song but no one else is entitled to start other songs?!?

When did i say nobody can start new songs? Stop making up what i've been saying. I simply said i don't like this one, got no problem at all with people trying to start new songs, fair play to them. Sorry for having an opinion, they wanted feedback on a new song, i gave my opinion on it. I'll pretend i love it next time

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
When did i say nobody can start new songs?

You implied it with this:

me and mate got the Elliot Bennett song going last season, which proved to be far more succesful than this.

So shall we all just quit trying to make up songs because you don't like it and yours was so successful and all without the need for any threads.

I simply said i don't like this one

Fine everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why comment:

Fits even worse than the old lyrics, thats not a song, just a combination of words that don't fit any tune

...just doesn't fit and makes an already poor song sound dreadful

Come up with ideas rather than trash everyone else's.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
You mean you took my comment in the wrong way? Grow up. I don't like the song so why would i support it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not a bad song. It's not an amazing song. But that's why the whole stadium don't sing it. In my opinion.

I don't think the rest of the stadium make a choice not to join in because they think it's a bad song, from where I'm sat in the East (family), it's people can't work out the words. Lots are joining in the woooooahhhh bits, but it goes quiet for the verses. I like it, and they sang it at Valencia when I was there at the weekend as well. It is amazing when everyone does it and jumps in time.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What annoys me is, that the whole ground only sing 'Albioooooooon' 'Super Brighton' 'hey jude' other then that they don't bother, normally the North stand bother.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
don't worry - we won't be singing anything as shitty as that in WSU......................................

oh, and what is NSK????

The ones who made a big Dick Knight banner in honour of the man who saved us from Archers Tyranny.....

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What annoys me is, that the whole ground only sing 'Albioooooooon' 'Super Brighton' 'hey jude' other then that they don't bother, normally the North stand bother.

It's difficult though, the majority of the ground haven't been to many Brighton fixtures over the years, so there is a large portion of the ground at present won't know the words to many of the songs. It's a good sign so many join in the songs you mention, as I suspect over time many more will be learnt and your list there will grow.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It's difficult though, the majority of the ground haven't been to many Brighton fixtures over the years, so there is a large portion of the ground at present won't know the words to many of the songs. It's a good sign so many join in the songs you mention, as I suspect over time many more will be learnt and your list there will grow.

I do hope so.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

I would suspect the majority have been to plenty of BHA games over the years. You need to remember that most people dont go to football for choir practice.Those that want to sing do, those that don't aren't neccesarily new fans - my mate that sits beside me has been going since the 70's & in the 25 years we've been going together I've yet to hear him sing!
Anyway with regards to the song in question I say drop it, it sounds like a load of mumbled gibberish, like it or not it's associated strongly to palace & even Stevenage make a better job of it than us.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would suspect the majority have been to plenty of BHA games over the years. You need to remember that most people dont go to football for choir practice.Those that want to sing do, those that don't aren't neccesarily new fans - my mate that sits beside me has been going since the 70's & in the 25 years we've been going together I've yet to hear him sing!
Anyway with regards to the song in question I say drop it, it sounds like a load of mumbled gibberish, like it or not it's associated strongly to palace & even Stevenage make a better job of it than us.

Point taken, my description there is a bit incorrect, you're right, many people just don't like to sing which is fine, I've never got a problem with that. My point was that many people around the ground are singing the 3 songs mentioned, and are clearly joining in, and want to create an atmosphere. The fact they don't sing all the songs is probably down to the fact they don't know the words, which in turn is probably due to the fact they haven't been to many fixtures over the years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My suggestion is to tidy it up and make it so there are no words in the song which makes it sound amateurish.

We're Brighton , we're Brighton , we're Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion , Albion , Albion
The Albion from Sussex , from Sussex , from Sussex
From Sussex by the SEA , the SEA , the SEA
woahwoahwo woahwoahwo.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry but I don't get what's wrong with it at all. It's not Palace's song at all, it sounds good and it gets an atmosphere going. The only bad point is that 'NSK' rush it, other then that it's good.

Nsk don't rush it: Brighton fans do! because that's how we sing EVERY song! Gosbts being the best example. Why is a mystery but it just happens every time. Never used to be that way!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My suggestion is to tidy it up and make it so there are no words in the song which makes it sound amateurish.

We're Brighton , we're Brighton , we're Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion , Albion , Albion
The Albion from Sussex , from Sussex , from Sussex
From Sussex by the SEA , the SEA , the SEA
woahwoahwo woahwoahwo.

It's that sea, sea, sea bit that cocks it up, as well as the fact no one claps when we're singing the words, like you're meant to.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Sorry a no from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here