Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official 'Let's keep the We Love You/Ultras Song' Thread****

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
1000.2% FACT.

The dropping of the song and a group suicide pact by all the NSK and their supporters would do the rest of us a massive favor as well.

You would say that. But then you're a bit of an arse. Still every chatroom's got one and you are indeed NSC's court jester; too stupid to realise everyone's laughing at you rather than with you....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hate to admit it, but the palace version sounds brilliant because they all start simultaneously. it has impact. they do that 'woooaaaaahhh' thing before to get everybody going.

it just doesnt sound as good 'faded in', doesn't have the instant impact that song has.

You are right, but I know from one of my mates just a couple of years ago, it was a small handful doing it,l and they had simkilar objections from many. Know everybody does it.....

They didnt just do it once and it sound like that.........

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
first - agree, it's good and can be better - so keep it

second - NSC don't determine what is kept or not. people in the ground do, people need to get a reality check on that. lots of people like this but don't sing the words.

third - even fewer words, make this better and clearer

We are Brighton, Brighton, Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion
Al-bi-on from Sussex, Sussex, Sussex
Sussex by the SEA, SEA, SEA

quality

1. I love the way everyone's got an opinion on this and it's only because NSK went for it for 20+ mins that this ever took off....
2. Agree. All the idiots on here don't get this very valid point, which is why they can criticise all they like; the song will be sung regardless of what they think!
3. Really, we should shorten it further to appease the idiots, perhaps to just "Albion" or "seagulls". These 2 songs tunes however are copied from other clubs. So all the JCLs on here will have an opinion on this. So be careful before you put yourself up as a target!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
f*** a few miserable gits,
keep it and agree its better starting with we are Brighton, and if it pisses palace fans off then even more reason to keep it.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
You are right, but I know from one of my mates just a couple of years ago, it was a small handful doing it,l and they had simkilar objections from many. Know everybody does it.....

They didnt just do it once and it sound like that.........

Hmm I was there the first time it was sung by a group of around 20 or so, i was stood a few yards away and no one knew what the words were. Only took a few weeks to get going, we overdone it though and now only sing it when we score.... not often we sing it 3 times in 10 minutes .... :)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I can never sing it. It wasn't so much the fact that Palace sung the song better than us, but I felt owned, angry and very humbled.

Personally. I like what the Kollective are trying to do. It's a new ground, and new time, and younger fans need to be heard.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
f*** a few miserable gits,
keep it and agree its better starting with we are Brighton, and if it pisses palace fans off then even more reason to keep it.

Because it NEEDS 3 syllables just like WE-LUV-U. What about: We're Brighton, we're Brighton, we're Brighton; Brighton and Hove Albion, hove albion, hove albion; The albion of the sussex, the sussex, the sussex, the sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
first - agree, it's good and can be better - so keep it

second - NSC don't determine what is kept or not. people in the ground do, people need to get a reality check on that. lots of people like this but don't sing the words.

third - even fewer words, make this better and clearer

quality

Prefer these words, too, without the extra Hove

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Because it NEEDS 3 syllables just like WE-LUV-U. What about: We're Brighton, we're Brighton, we're Brighton; Brighton and Hove Albion, hove albion, hove albion; The albion of the sussex, the sussex, the sussex, the sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea.

yes sounds even better.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Fits even worse than the old lyrics, thats not a song, just a combination of words that don't fit any tune

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Fits even worse than the old lyrics, thats not a song, just a combination of words that don't fit any tune

How is it any way worse than the old lyrics? The tune is the 'We love you' tune...

I personally think it fits better with 'Hove Albion', but the proof is in singing it, so I don't mind either way, as long as people start singing it.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Always loved the St Pauli song, so let's keep it going. Not sure about the 'hove albion' bit personally, reckon al-bi-on works just as well.

Also like the new Magiko song. Just one thing - lets keep the videos of it off youtube until it's caught on, and a decent number are singing it, rather than the initial handful.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
How is it any way worse than the old lyrics? The tune is the 'We love you' tune...

I personally think it fits better with 'Hove Albion', but the proof is in singing it, so I don't mind either way, as long as people start singing it.

I know what tune it's meant to be, but it just doesn't fit and makes an already poor song sound dreadful

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry but I don't get what's wrong with it at all. It's not Palace's song at all, it sounds good and it gets an atmosphere going. The only bad point is that 'NSK' rush it, other then that it's good.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
don't worry - we won't be singing anything as shitty as that in WSU......................................

oh, and what is NSK????

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I know what tune it's meant to be, but it just doesn't fit and makes an already poor song sound dreadful

Come up with something better then...If you're going to criticize and offer no solutions then what is the point of commenting at all. If you're going to criticise but offer something constructive then we are 'all ears'.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Come up with something better then...If you're going to criticize and offer no solutions then what is the point of commenting at all. If you're going to criticise but offer something constructive then we are 'all ears'.

I did, me and mate got the Elliot Bennett song going last season, which proved to be far more succesful than this. I don't remember countless threads a day trying to get rid of it. Your effort?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

Instead of Edin Dzeko Woahhh, 'Brighton and Hove Woahhhhh'

Simple and effective :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here