Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official 'Let's keep the We Love You/Ultras Song' Thread****

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Are you lot seriously having a big arsed debate about who can sing the loudest?

Come on lads this is folly. Get on the Sid is Banned thread for proper debate.

IF he is banned its a pathetic joke on behalf of the club and all supporters who like a sing and chant should get together and do something before they sanitize the stadiums to such an extent that we will only be able to sing "we don't like you very much" at each other.

Last edited:

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
IF he is banned its a pathetic joke on behalf of the club and all supporters who like a sing and chant should get together and do something before they sanitize the stadiums to such an extent that we will only be able to sing "we don't like you very much" at each other.

And if he isn't banned and this is all a wind up, then he is the pathetic joke.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Dear mr 79th
From earlier posts I know you are a reasonable man but I can't let that pass.
I would say that due to the ticketing arrangements that around half, maybe a few more were singing and more importantly used to singing, certainly those towards the front weren't singing other than the last 5 minutes or so.
There was also a period in the first half where we were very quiet I grant you.
To say we didn't sing is frankly bollocks, as much as if I said the north stand didn't sing, after all I only heard them once. We sang for the whole of the second half and the majority of the first.
Our away support consistently gets mentioned in dispatches by opposing fans and supposedly neutral commentators both radio and TV. I know that it is not a singing contest but on our day I am certain that our support is easily amongst the best in the league in terms of noise. Some examples you could look up if you could be arsed are notts forest 3rd goal against us last season where we are singing so loud that you cannot hear them celebrate, villa in the cup away. Loudest fans at villa park all season so the villa fans said. Etc.
For a variety of reasons I would give our support at the Amex in terms of noise only 6 out of 10
Having only been to the Amex once I am quite prepared to accept that you are usually much louder and I trust you will accept as many of your fellow supporters have that our away support is decent.

Maybe I did go a bit far in that post, as if you see my later one (post #115) I said you do have a good level of support. I was saying in the build up to the game that I thought we would be really shown up in terms of nosie levels but it just didn't seem to materialise until the last 10 minutes, when you really stepped it up a level. Maybe it is just the acoustics of the stadium and it didn't reach me during the first half, but when you were singing loudly i.e. 80th minute onwards, I could hear it clear as a bell which says that the acoustics can't be too bad. Same with the Leeds fans, as first half they were great.

We were really good first 20 minutes or so but as the team faded, so did we, nerves set in and it was just a horrible evening from then on.

I suppose you have to agree with Keyser Soze about it being a bit pathetic arguing about the noise levels of fans at the end of the day though. And I was much prouder seeing the pictures of the banners Plymouth fans made thanking Brighton fans for all their effort and assistance towards their plight.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I suppose you have to agree with Keyser Soze about it being a bit pathetic arguing about the noise levels of fans at the end of the day though. And I was much prouder seeing the pictures of the banners Plymouth fans made thanking Brighton fans for all their effort and assistance towards their plight.

So you should be. fans helping each other regardless of allegiances.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Im actually here cringing at every reply to this thread...you sorryful bunch!!! how about this
we're brighton we're brighton we're brighton
And we like to copy Palace, Palace, Palace
Coz they are far superior superior superior
we just have to face it ,face, face it
wooah

You are such a muppet.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Having only been to the Amex once I am quite prepared to accept that you are usually much louder and I trust you will accept as many of your fellow supporters have that our away support is decent.
Agreed. Very fair and true assessment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here