Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly how are we different? Every single one of our songs, with the exception of GOSBTS, is nicked from another football club. Every one.

That's because they are easy to join in with (usually a popular song of the time). How many football songs these days are based on current popular songs? Probably none-and for good reason.

Why not find a song that's easy to modify, easy to join in with without the need for a lyric sheet and has the potential to be loud (and intimidating preferably). Also needs to be difficult to speed up to 4 times original speed.

I'm not against adding a few songs-in fact it's desperately needed. It's a simple process: find a couple of songs that people like and are easy to sing along to. Start off with a few people and if it's any good it will catch on organically. If it needs a song sheet-it is unlikely to catch on. To expect fans to learn a new tune plus a new song will be difficult.

A couple of examples from LFC (I know, I know, but like them or loathe them, they are damned good). They're also quite happy using older songs to base theirs on-there's thousands of them to choose from too.

[yt]R_BGkFYHG5Y[/yt]

[yt]elVt-NszDtI[/yt]

[yt]5YDSUl-5XjM[/yt]

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can't believe how many moaners there are. These fans are just trying to get the atmosphere going and make a signature tune like Leeds, Palace and loads of others have. I sit in the corner next to away fans, and when Leeds started singing Marching on together, it sounded f***ing brilliant. No one else sings it and they were loudest fans we have had at the Amex so far. Wouldn't it be great if people said that about us?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like "you" say it works in brazil,germany,greece,we aint either of these,and not an expert on sound travel,but hello,wake the fck up,have you been to any home games this year? every song sung from north stand is heard about a second later,in other parts of the ground,hence,you have 2-3 sets of fans singing the same song and it sounds a fcking mess,but seeing as your an "expert" on fans/songs,you will notice one thing about them all,its started by fans in the middle of a stand,so sound spreads in both directions at same time,hence,all singing together the same song.But hey i expect you knew that as your the "expert" here,not me. Thats the view from a negative twat btw,not an "expert" like yourself of course.

f***ing hell.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I can't believe how many moaners there are. These fans are just trying to get the atmosphere going and make a signature tune like Leeds, Palace and loads of others have. I sit in the corner next to away fans, and when Leeds started singing Marching on together, it sounded f***ing brilliant. No one else sings it and they were loudest fans we have had at the Amex so far. Wouldn't it be great if people said that about us?

I think your quote gives this away, to what we should be doing...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The Leeds fans have taken that, song, made it their own and you're right-it sounded f***ing brilliant (and I dislike Leeds immensely).

Their secret? They use a song that's easy to join in with and doesn't need a drum or lyric sheets to get everybody joining in. It never started out as loud as that-it took a while for it to spread and now it's a Leeds song that no other club will try and copy. We need to be patient. Introduce a new song, let it spread around the ground over a few games and get it going every game. THEN add another one. It could even be another version of Sussex By The Sea, slowed down with new words because that song has the capability to be bloody loud-AND IT'S OURS AND OURS ALONE. The focus (in my opinion) should be to get SBTS sung slower, then add a couple of new songs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

It's called Good Old Sussex by the Sea.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The Leeds fans have taken that, song, made it their own and you're right-it sounded f***ing brilliant (and I dislike Leeds immensely).

Their secret? They use a song that's easy to join in with and doesn't need a drum or lyric sheets to get everybody joining in. It never started out as loud as that-it took a while for it to spread and now it's a Leeds song that no other club will try and copy. We need to be patient. Introduce a new song, let it spread around the ground over a few games and get it going every game. THEN add another one. It could even be another version of Sussex By The Sea, slowed down with new words because that song has the capability to be bloody loud-AND IT'S OURS AND OURS ALONE. The focus (in my opinion) should be to get SBTS sung slower, then add a couple of new songs.

This x 1000.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think your quote gives this away, to what we should be doing...
I agree with you, and no one loves GOSBTS as much as me, even now hearing it reminds me of the North stand belting it out before games. But I get the feeling that some of the younger supporters want something a little more updated. As one of the old farts on here, I might be reading it wrong though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I agree with you, and no one loves GOSBTS as much as me, even now hearing it reminds me of the North stand belting it out before games. But I get the feeling that some of the younger supporters want something a little more updated. As one of the old farts on here, I might be reading it wrong though.

Only being 18 myself, I hate all the ultra stuff, I'm sure that there are people, young and old, who like it. But IMHO we should look to the basics of getting GOSBTS sung correctly first, and then move on to new songs, which still should be based away from 'continental ultra' singing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Totally agree with this, GOSBTS is our anthem and nobody else can steal or copy it.
We just need to slow it down, maybe limit the amount of verses but belt it out slowly. I hate Spurs, but when the sing their anthem slowly, you can envisage the whole ground singing it and feel the gosebumps/atmosphere.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We already do that mate. No one is trying to replace GOSBTS. I still think GOSBTS needs to have the words on the big screen when the teams come out.
This is new, its loud, because you shout it, its a chant that will generate alot of noise.

Let's hope it works-however, please do some work on the 'lyrics' because they are a bit lame. If people think the words aren't very good they won't join in. Then your efforts won't go anywhere.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We already do that mate. No one is trying to replace GOSBTS. I still think GOSBTS needs to have the words on the big screen when the teams come out.
This is new, its loud, because you shout it, its a chant that will generate alot of noise.

But you dont DO it, you race through it at 200mph

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

Please no. Thought other threads had made a clear statement about words on screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here