Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What happen to the Grand march from Aida [MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION]???

It was this...... Forgetting the scenes in the video, as nobody wants that in the Amex., the tune itself is simple with easy words..... Did we used to do something at the Goldstone to Grand March of Aida? nobody said much though until you just asked, so it was politely left.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It was this...... Forgetting the scenes in the video, as nobody wants that in the Amex

Yeah it would be rubbish if the North Stand was rocking like that!

Hebbard would have a heart attack.

This was a good article in the Observer a few moons ago. I particularly liked the Arsenal fans lone attempt to start up "You're Syl...Vain, I bet you think this song is about you" only to be told to "f*** off Dennis Pennis"...

Shall we sing a song for you

Interesting article. Expecially as the might Cadiz CF get a mention.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It was this...... Forgetting the scenes in the video, as nobody wants that in the Amex., the tune itself is simple with easy words..... Did we used to do something at the Goldstone to Grand March of Aida? nobody said much though until you just asked, so it was politely left.

No that's not it.

Yes we used to do it at the Goldstone in the early 90s. :moo:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
registered this month RRH, very vociferous in tandem with another objector, quoting in tandem.....are you 1 and the same?

Sorry RRh you're making sweeping statements that are totally false.... Self righteous bollocks, THEIR Song..... take Credit?

You are so far wide of the mark its not true, yes you may not like it, thats ok, but your ranting simply is not true.

Having spoken to people there only focus is to try and create a better atmosphere, nobody has to do anything....... i would sing it, as I do Albion or GOSBTS as I support Brighton, I don't give a shit who wrote GOSBTS, I want to get behind Brighton...... how can you have terrace spontinaety when nobody knows the words?

There is a good chance it may not catch on, so you will get your wish, but Please RRH, don't start attacking peoples motives or integrity just because you don't like it.

Good luck in getting this going Peterward & Pantani and all you guys with enough energy, positivity & passion to improve the range of songs we sing at the Amex. I'm in WSL, not a hotbed of singing but I'll join in there and at the away games. Don't let the negativity of a few put you off, there were plenty of miserable old gits at the Goldstone but that didn't stop some great singing of "other teams" songs.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Good luck in getting this going Peterward & Pantani and all you guys with enough energy, positivity & passion to improve the range of songs we sing at the Amex. I'm in WSL, not a hotbed of singing but I'll join in there and at the away games. Don't let the negativity of a few put you off, there were plenty of miserable old gits at the Goldstone but that didn't stop some great singing of "other teams" songs.

Me to DN, W1A WSL right down south end

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I know I slagged off the first one but this is MUCH better. What I dont get is why dont a handfull of the NSK just get something like this and just sing it ongoing until it picks up? Isnt that the point?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
good luck getting new songs started - although i'm a little dubious on the choice of lyrics

please don't forget the classics though. the fact that 'One man went to burn down Selhurst' wasn't sung to the Palace scum in this of all years is a mystery to me - weren't English fans associated with wit too?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
good luck getting new songs started - although i'm a little dubious on the choice of lyrics

please don't forget the classics though. the fact that 'One man went to burn down Selhurst' wasn't sung to the Palace scum in this of all years is a mystery to me - weren't English fans associated with wit too?

Agreed, the whole atmosphere against palace was nervy and pretty awful. Of course,all the old stuff should always be sung. 1 man went to burn down Selhurst is such a classic, why nobody did it I dont know?

albionite

May 20, 2009

This song was sung on the left hand side of the North stand. As i remember the right hand side started singing another song which happened a few times that night. Need to work as one instead of having two groups that sing different tunes.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
This song was sung on the left hand side of the North stand. As i remember the right hand side started singing another song which happened a few times that night. Need to work as one instead of having two groups that sing different tunes.
Think the only way we could get the whole stand in sync is by having the core singing group slap bang in the middle, or dare I say it, by introducing a drum - but clearly no-one wants that, and it would probably do more harm than good overall. It is annoying though, as there are so many pockets of enthusiastic singers in the north but unfortunately it often just results in a hundred songs firing from all different directions which sounds a mess.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
If it takes off would be so much better than were the West stand North stand Brighton boys song which is running thin on the ground. Leeds and Liverpool fans had a right laugh at that.

I dont think that you will get it off the ground as there are to many haters dotted around the ground who are willing to rubbish every suggestion that comes up. Good luck and Ill be singing it.:bhasign:

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Strangely, right behind the goal there are a fair few people who do not sing or who certainly do not join in songs that my mates and I start. This is part of our problem I think, often in the middle we have to pick the loudest chant from either side. I also suggested somewhere else that we need to sing each song for longer, everything seems to have a maximum life span of 30 seconds mostly less than that. The best way to get everyone singing along together is to persevere with the song you have started for long enough for it to spread through the North then on to the East and West.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Strangely, right behind the goal there are a fair few people who do not sing or who certainly do not join in songs that my mates and I start. This is part of our problem I think, often in the middle we have to pick the loudest chant from either side. I also suggested somewhere else that we need to sing each song for longer, everything seems to have a maximum life span of 30 seconds mostly less than that. The best way to get everyone singing along together is to persevere with the song you have started for long enough for it to spread through the North then on to the East and West.

Considering the corners may be filled in and possibly the second east terrace tier added.......... is there some some scope for a group of people to approach the club and try and get 1 whole block reserved for singers/ultra types only.

Advertise it and give everyone on here who finds silence around them, or who is up for a more away day type atmosphere to move on mass to one block where everyone around is of like mind and constantly up for singing.

The moaners may also be happy to get rid............

Many clubs on the continent and indeed in this country have this one dedicated block/section where all the hardcore singers dwell.

Hell it could even have a conductor of sorts!

don't worry, no drum before anyone gets their knickers in a twist

I am in WSL near south and its very quiet bar a couple of people.... If this were possible, wherever it was I would move in heartbeat.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure on this one, alot of the singers are on the left and right of the centre to be near the back rows so they can stand up and sing. Would us all grouped together in a corner and constently be told to sit down work?
Kind of got the impression those in the north stand centre got the tics because they were first in queue and went for the cheapest best view seats rather than for the singing

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This is a goer! The sound with the Brighton Lyrics sounds very British.

I seem to Remember the Palace ahem..Ultras... Being lambasted for ages until they copied the St.Pauli song word for word.
Its much more complicated than that, but Keep at it and Keep at it and it will work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here