Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
yep, but yours, labha, albion dan, deletebeepbeepbeep etc etc attitudes stink tbh, and unfortunately there are others like you intent on destroying anything creative and 'a bit different'.

well said !!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I suppose it is about time I waded in to this seeing as I came up with the first draft of the lyrics. First of all let me say that I am a member of NSK, well friends with people involved in it there isn't a membership scheme or anything. The idea for me was to create a new song that was less controversial than 'We're the North Stand' but had the potential to be repeated over and over. For me we too often sing things for two verses then stop, this why the North Stand sounds so disjointed so often, if you start a song keep it going so there is time for the whole stand then the whole ground can join in.

I hope this song does catch on as I think it is great, but if you do not like it do not sing it. It is that simple, I never join in with 'XXXX is a shit hole, I want to go home', but I do not find it necesary to come on here and bitch about it. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything.

Finally a big thank you to [MENTION=15046]peterward[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11828]Twinkle Toes[/MENTION] for their revisions to the original lyrics and for the effort they have put in towards getting this song known by others. We will find out over the next few months if this will catch on, the Brighton Magiko's judge and jury will not be keyboard warriors on here but people in the ground singing along or not. Come January we will know whether this song works or not, for those behind it, be patient it will take time.

Pantani,
You need to start it like "left side right side" to make it work. Start small and do it well. Start in the concourse before the game. Get it going, then once others see it done, it will get bigger and bigger.
Only then can it transfer to other stands.
Also you need an indication like "Jazz hands and going oooooooooooooooo bri-ton ooooooo magi-koooooooooooo" and do that for about as long as it takes to get as many as possible doing it and then start.
It will work.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Same way we been doing it for past 60years

seagulls

You think there is nothing wrong with the speed GOSBTS is currently sung at?

And would you not want us to ever sing anything new? Are you aware that at one point, all our songs were new?

Do you still believe the Earth is flat, by any chance?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Like "you" say it works in brazil,germany,greece,we aint either of these,and not an expert on sound travel,but hello,wake the fck up,have you been to any home games this year? every song sung from north stand is heard about a second later,in other parts of the ground,hence,you have 2-3 sets of fans singing the same song and it sounds a fcking mess,but seeing as your an "expert" on fans/songs,you will notice one thing about them all,its started by fans in the middle of a stand,so sound spreads in both directions at same time,hence,all singing together the same song.But hey i expect you knew that as your the "expert" here,not me. Thats the view from a negative twat btw,not an "expert" like yourself of course.

I'm sorry, I cant understand you.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pantani,
You need to start it like "left side right side" to make it work. Start small and do it well. Start in the concourse before the game. Get it going, then once others see it done, it will get bigger and bigger.
Only then can it transfer to other stands.
Also you need an indication like "Jazz hands and going oooooooooooooooo bri-ton ooooooo magi-koooooooooooo" and do that for about as long as it takes to get as many as possible doing it and then start.
It will work.

To be honest mate it will start even smaller than that. I am expecting a few games where it is just me and a few other NSK singing it. In the concourse pre match is a definite though. I expect it to first start to properly catch on away from home though, the call and response means loads of people need to know the words before they will join in. I also fully expect a bounce to this thread or the other one after Hull with people saying that it didn't work, but as I said in my last post patience is required by those who are behind this song.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
You think there is nothing wrong with the speed GOSBTS is currently sung at?

And would you not want us to ever sing anything new? Are you aware that at one point, all our songs were new?

Do you still believe the Earth is flat, by any chance?

You do know about being different and not like everyone else don't you.

seagulls

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Like "you" say it works in brazil,germany,greece,we aint either of these,and not an expert on sound travel,but hello,wake the fck up,have you been to any home games this year? every song sung from north stand is heard about a second later,in other parts of the ground,hence,you have 2-3 sets of fans singing the same song and it sounds a fcking mess,but seeing as your an "expert" on fans/songs,you will notice one thing about them all,its started by fans in the middle of a stand,so sound spreads in both directions at same time,hence,all singing together the same song.But hey i expect you knew that as your the "expert" here,not me. Thats the view from a negative twat btw,not an "expert" like yourself of course.

Wow...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loving the Greek clip by the OP, in particular the big and random 'Rage Avengers' banner and the giant Jamaican flag. Song sounds grand sung by them. But then again, its their song. Reckon it would be lost in translation at the Amex. Its pretty complex, not to mention tuneless. Car crash waiting to happen IMHO. But fair play for trying :clap2:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You do know about being different and not like everyone else don't you.

seagulls

Exactly how are we different? Every single one of our songs, with the exception of GOSBTS, is nicked from another football club. Every one.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
MUCH prefer We love you, to be honest. Magikooo sounds shite to me, so I won't be joining in.

Personally I think it's a shame that so many people want to can We Love You, just because a few Palace plebs sing it more than we do (for the time being).

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
To be honest mate it will start even smaller than that. I am expecting a few games where it is just me and a few other NSK singing it. In the concourse pre match is a definite though. I expect it to first start to properly catch on away from home though, the call and response means loads of people need to know the words before they will join in. I also fully expect a bounce to this thread or the other one after Hull with people saying that it didn't work, but as I said in my last post patience is required by those who are behind this song.

That's right mate, just keep at it. It will work because the lyrics are about us the fans and the melody of the song means its easy to carry on. Distribute the flyers and do it pre match and then during the game and it will catch on. Like you said, might take a few matches.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Loving the Greek clip by the OP, in particular the big and random 'Rage Avengers' banner and the giant Jamaican flag. Song sounds grand sung by them. But then again, its their song. Reckon it would be lost in translation at the Amex. Its pretty complex, not to mention tuneless. Car crash waiting to happen IMHO. But fair play for trying :clap2:

Cambridge U and Melbourne victory sing it so it can be done.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Exactly how are we different? Every single one of our songs, with the exception of GOSBTS, is nicked from another football club. Every one.

So we need to copy there atmosphere aswell. I take it your not one of these that moan about foreign influence on the game.

seagulls

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It may not be the best tune/words ever, it may never catch on but at least there are those willing to give it a go. Surely all those so called spontaneous songs from the past started with a few mates who worked on an idea. Now with the internet lots more can join in with the discussion, not just those sitting round a pub table. Doesn’t mean we have to ditch all our old favourites, just adds to the repertoire. To all those moaners, give it a chance & join in. Got to be better the ‘North Stand’ chant.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So we need to copy there atmosphere aswell. I take it your not one of these that moan about foreign influence on the game.

seagulls

You are not making any sense! Who's atmosphere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here