Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Last night the stadium was on the local, ITV and BBC news so an image of the Amex in connection with the story is just a byproduct. Obviously the Argus have been sensationalist for their cover, but this is a massive story for a local newspaper.

One thing I would say is that I wonder if throughout our development and youth project there any policy for coaching players on how to behave and warn them to stay clear of any potential trouble.

Even if you are not directly involved, but are watching an event or even in another room ignoring it you would be party to it just by turning a blind eye. All players should be looking out for each other and if they sense something is not quite right they have to be responsible for saving their colleague’s from their actions.

We don’t know the full story, but the point I am making is that life coaching our players should be as important as kicking a ball.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Not at all, they are under police investigation for an alleged offence. I used to work at a Post Office and some mail went missing in the back sorting office. A guy was arrested and bailed, but was immediately suspended until the case was eventually dropped. He was on full pay throughout (10 months). Yes, of course there was speculation as to if he was guilty or not (human nature/banter) but he was welcomed back into the fold.

different employers do different things. Terry is still playing for Chelsea even though he has been charged and has a court date. Allegation may not be considered by some to be as serious as this case but then no one has been charged with anything. Their state of mind & fitness is what should count at the mo.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Talking of Gus it's VERY, VERY, VERY important he doesn't open his gob on this one!!!!

If any of his press conferences in the next week or so start with "Well in Uruguay its" Thats when the press officer should pull the plug.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think there should be a boycott of the Argus. Its reporting is just speculative drivel that's insensitive and inappropriate, at a time when those concerned haven't even been charged (I can say that, can't I mods?) That said it's going to leave a massive grey cloud over the team, one that they're going to have to try and overcome, especially as there are a few big ties coming up in the next few weeks (Palace, Newcastle etc...)

It reminds me of that story last year, when a man received death threats and horrendous abuse for accidentally dragging a dog along the A27. The Argus made no attempts to stop the speculation and the spiteful comments, and there wasn't so much as a whiff of an apology when the man was released w/o charge. The national media were equally bad.

It does beg the question though, how can it take so long between the alleged incident and the naming of the players to police (again, sorry if I've crossed the line here guys, I'm curious is all.)

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
This is exactly how I feel, and have felt since first hearing the news yesterday. Whatever the outcome this will take a long time to blow over. Sad days when pretty much everything else was progressing so well.

This. Thought something would have to crop up to spoil the good times:down:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
And there are many that think we mods do not converse with whats going on...this is proof!!

Nice one Bozza :thumbsup:

Hmm I wonder if this thread will overtake the word game :)

Have fun guys but please do heed the warnings :thumbsup:

Not a chance................................The Word game RULES!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here