Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The official AND ONLY 'Albion players arrested' thread ****

Tommy Elphick eliminated from inquiries "no further Action

I look forward to the ARGUS appology for him now

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Club Statement

Man eliminated from sexual assault enquiry
20 January 2012

A 24-year-old man from Brighton, arrested yesterday (Thursday, January 19) on suspicion of sexual assault, has been told that he has been eliminated from the enquiry.

A police spokesman said: "The gentlemen's co-operation and assistance since his arrest enabled us to quickly establish that he was not of interest to us in this enquiry and he has been advised that no further action will be taken against him."

http://www.sussex.police.uk/news-and-events/news/2012/01/20/man-eliminated-from-sexual-assault-enquiry/

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Read my post again. I said protect the players involved as INDIVIDUALS and the the club as a WHOLE.

And how exactly would you "see" if they are able to cope with playing? Far more experienced players have been left out while involved in similar investigations.

I'm not going to get into an argument, I'm not in the mood with all this going on. You referred to `these players` as a collective. They are not, they are individuals, which you later acknowledged. How you would `see` if they are able to cope: you'd talk to them and those closest to them and judge the state of mind of each of them. I'm sure some will cope better than others: whether any will be able to cope with the obvious pressures that a baying crowd would present is difficult to judge until, and if, it happens. But each will have an opinion on whether they believe they are up to it and they should be listened to.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Man eliminated from sexual assault enquiry
20 January 2012

A 24-year-old man from Brighton, arrested yesterday (Thursday, January 19) on suspicion of sexual assault, has been told that he has been eliminated from the enquiry.

A police spokesman said: "The gentlemen's co-operation and assistance since his arrest enabled us to quickly establish that he was not of interest to us in this enquiry and he has been advised that no further action will be taken against him."

http://www.sussex.police.uk/news-and-events/news/2012/01/20/man-eliminated-from-sexual-assault-enquiry/

So he isn't on bail anymore ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Deleted at Bozza's request.

Please be careful with any information that is not in the public domain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Its not just the Argus through is it? Other newspapers have named the players, and so has the BBC. The law needs to be changed or enforced, one or the other.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
The latest statement of the Club website exposes the real problem with rushing to publish the names of people arrested as part of an investigation but not charged immediately (or at all). I wonder if the Argus will now publish an apology to Tommy Elphick. He clearly was not involved in any incident but the article implies a guilt. It is a pity that we are not as quick to defend the innocent as we are to prejudge the "guilty". Clearly if there has been any wrongdoing it should be punished within the law but at this moment we are a long way from that point. Let's hope Tommy recovers from this quickly as is able to continue a promising professional career free from guilt by association.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not sure on my thoughts about the naming, but the way the argus have reported it is what disgusts me

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Didn't a Corrie star have his name dragged through the mud ? Must be awful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The latest statement of the Club website exposes the real problem with rushing to publish the names of people arrested as part of an investigation but not charged immediately (or at all). I wonder if the Argus will now publish an apology to Tommy Elphick. He clearly was not involved in any incident but the article implies a guilt. It is a pity that we are not as quick to defend the innocent as we are to prejudge the "guilty". Clearly if there has been any wrongdoing it should be punished within the law but at this moment we are a long way from that point. Let's hope Tommy recovers from this quickly as is able to continue a promising professional career free from guilt by association.

I'm sure the the Argus will run an article saying he has been eliminated from the inquiry. They don't need to apologise IMHO. He was arrested, which is what they reported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here