Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's not wrong though. He's more than capable of taking 5 minutes off Wiggins before the TT, then holding on to yellow into Paris. It'll be interesting if Brad cracks big-time and Nibali attacks. Will Sky get Froome to chace and save the team the race, or look after Wiggins and maybe lose everything?

Sky are in this for a Sky win, rather than a BW win. It's set up for BW as that was the strategy they felt gave them the best chance. If BW fell apart, of course they'd push Froome to the fore, just as they'd have a contingency plan for if BW crashed out, or got injured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nibali and VdB hold the key.

If they go off together, Froome and Wiggins have to chase.

The question (which we all know the answer to already) is who can chase better through the mountains?

So far the pack have been individual teams, which is easier to control.
They need to work together against Sky, but obviously only 1 can win.

It certainly ain't over yet.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So nearly put Kruiswijk in but got sucked in to getting someone more expensive, as I didn't like the idea of having loads of money unspent. Still got two in the break, you cannot ask much more than that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just Sagan for me.

Along with Brad, Nibs and Brajkovic.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gilbert being in this break is interesting. Cadel have something in mind today and sent Gilbert up the road to help him later perhaps ?

Edit: They just made this point on the commentary too about Sagan for Nibali. I'd almost forgotten about that.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So nearly put Kruiswijk in but got sucked in to getting someone more expensive, as I didn't like the idea of having loads of money unspent. Still got two in the break, you cannot ask much more than that.

I always fancied the young Rabobank rider to do something special in his debut Tour. I had him for a couple of stages early on but apart from being in a break, that cracked, he did nothing for me.

I took Sagan out for Nibali today. Had to leave Chavanel in too, even though I think he's suffering, as I've got myself boxed in. If you've got two in this break then I think you'll overtake me today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well that's just bloody crazy !, Sagan not dropped on that final climb. How does that work exactly ? And Gilbert for that matter.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ouch, that's very cruel on Evans. Puncture right at the summit and no team car in sight or even the neutral service car. Have to feel for the bloke, that was almost farcical.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I hope they catch Rolland. That's naughty, attacking when the GC has done the decent thing and neutralised the race for Evans.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I hope they catch Rolland. That's naughty, attacking when the GC has done the decent thing and neutralised the race for Evans.

Rolland need to hope he's caught, you don't want to be the whipping boy of the peleton for the next week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems as if someone has chucked tacks on the course as loads of punctures

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rolland need to hope he's caught, you don't want to be the whipping boy of the peleton for the next week.

I'm really disappointed he of all people has done that. I like him as rider and Europcar in particular. As you say, he'll have made plenty of enemies in the peleton today. Not a wise thing to do.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Being confirmed that tacks have been thrown on the road. f***ing Wankers ! :angry:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the positive side - Chapeau LL Sanchez ! :clap2: Riding away from Sagan and Gilbert like that takes some doing!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think we will have a new leader in our League it will certainly be close. ViveLaPants had LL Sanchez and Izigirre, by the way who is viveLaPants?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think we will have a new leader in our League it will certainly be close. ViveLaPants had LL Sanchez and Izigirre, by the way who is viveLaPants?

I always thought it was ATFC Seagull or Stoichkov. Whoever it is, they're always right up there. Well played to whoever it is today - big points and should storm into the lead.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I always thought it was ATFC Seagull or Stoichkov. Whoever it is, they're always right up there. Well played to whoever it is today - big points and should storm into the lead.

Ah yes that would make sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm really disappointed he of all people has done that. I like him as rider and Europcar in particular. As you say, he'll have made plenty of enemies in the peleton today. Not a wise thing to do.
I hope he shows a sack load of contrition.
Completely the wrong thing to do, I hope he/they can make it right, like you Rolland and E/car are favourites in Stat Towers.
I even put Brajkovic in my team hoping my luck would help Rolland. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here