Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The mutterings seem to be getting louder that Froome is actually being held back by Wiggins and that Froome is the stronger of the two.
Chris Boardman has been saying how fortunate Sky were that Froome punctured on stage 1 and lost a minute and a half.
It certainly helped with the division of labour.

Anyway this isn't new, Lance made a career of employing the best riders to ride as his domestiques.

Plus Froome will be leading the team next year, and possibly in the Vuelta.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav shouldn't be losing out to Griepel on a Cat 3.
All his talk of losing top end speed for Box Hill and the Olympic, doesn't add up if Andre The Giant can climb better than he can.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great to see the Yellow jersey doing that.

Perhaps Brad has been a little stung by the criticism.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
1, 2, 5, 6 today. Finally a bit of luck. God knows what to do for tomorrow.

In case you were wondering, I'm taking out sagan and Greipel so I suggest you all put them in your team for tomorrow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It has just occurred to me, although I'm enjoying answering the questions, as best I can, why the fairly intense interest?
If it's clean it's a great sport to watch. I don't know much about it, so learning a little. Hardly intense though.
And the sit down protest, from memory was during the Festina Affair, and the riders were up in arms about ALL being treated like cheats...
What I do remember is it was lead by Bernie Riis, a now self confessed doper.
Quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not having a moan, it's nice to be in a position to help someone through the minefield.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 13:-

1 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 4:57:59
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale
3 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling
4 Sébastien Hinault (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
5 Daryl Impey (RSA) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
6 Julien Simon (Fra) Saur - Sojasun
7 Marco Marcato (Ita) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
8 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
9 Peter Velits (Svk) Omega Pharma-Quickstep
10 Danilo Hondo (Ger) Lampre - ISD

As GC's not changed and Sagan may well have green sown up, KoM:-

1 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Swe) Astana Pro Team 66 pts
2 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Team Europcar 55
3 Chris Anker Sörensen (Den) Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank 39
4 Robert Kiserlovski (Cro) Astana Pro Team 37
5 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Lampre - ISD 33
6 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 32
7 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat 32
8 Peter Velits (Svk) Omega Pharma-Quickstep 29
9 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Team Europcar 28
10 Christophe Kern (Fra) Team Europcar 20

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1, 2, 5, 6 today. Finally a bit of luck. God knows what to do for tomorrow.

In case you were wondering, I'm taking out sagan and Greipel so I suggest you all put them in your team for tomorrow.

Bugger, I thought Impey & Simon saved my bacon a bit today but you had them too. Seems we've had a lot of similar teams so far.

I nearly copied you today by going heavy on Albasini yesterday and taking him back out today. Have to confess I was very relieved to see him caught. Only watched back the highlights today, but they were pretty exciting highlights. Good call by the organisers sticking that nasty little cat 3 in near the end, split the race up nicely and so made for a cracking finish.

I too have no idea for tomorrow. I'll be glad of a rest day as I seem to keep getting myself boxed in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did anybody go to the le Tour when it came to Brighton?

I thought the interest was exiguous. Not impressed with the hosts.

It was good to see just how fast they were cycling. The only way to find out what was going on was to go in the TV tent.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
White jersey: VAN GARDEREN T. BMC ahead of PINOT T. by 1'54" (nearly 2 minutes)

Polka Dot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_France_2012#King_of_the_Mountains_classification

Preview:
http://www.betasia.com/cycling/500945/2012-tour-de-france-stage-14-odds-and-betting-preview-

Bookies > Cycling > Le Tour de France > 2012 > Stage 14 > Stage Winner

Point Distribution Grid as of 2012
4C 3C 2C 1C HC
1st 1 2 5 10 25
2nd 1 3 8 20
3rd 2 6 16
4th 1 4 14
5th 2 12
6th 1 10
7th 8
8th 6
9th 4
10th 2

Mountains classification in the Tour de France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Profile:

Stage 14 - Tour de France 2012

There does not seem to be enough mountain points on offer for the polka dot jersey which seems to an open competition.

Cadel Evans is very suited to this stage ??? when the breakaways are caught on the final climb. The pressure is all on Wiggins in the yellow jersey.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Chris Boardman has been saying how fortunate Sky were that Froome punctured on stage 1 and lost a minute and a half.
It certainly helped with the division of labour.

Anyway this isn't new, Lance made a career of employing the best riders to ride as his domestiques.

Plus Froome will be leading the team next year, and possibly in the Vuelta.

I hope there is no friction in the camp. It would be very sad to see someone go next season. The dream for the 100th Tour would be for Millar join and give it one last push after winning Gold in London and for Thomas to return and aid Cav in his push for record wins. Hell, why not dump the Aussies and get Stannard in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well it's good to see all of us on here are right behind Sky and Wiggins' push for Yellow and the general superbness (yes, I did just make that up) of current British road cycling.

There's some seriously miserable cycling snobs on the cyclingnews forum. Bloody hell, what exactly is it they want ?, the kudos and anorak that goes with citing every Tour stage placing that Charlie Wegelius and Max Sciandri got or something back in the 'good old days' !? :shrug:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I hope there is no friction in the camp. It would be very sad to see someone go next season. The dream for the 100th Tour would be for Millar join and give it one last push after winning Gold in London and for Thomas to return and aid Cav in his push for record wins. Hell, why not dump the Aussies and get Stannard in.

Unfortunately Millar won't ever ride for sky because of his drug past. Stannard will get a ride only if they give cav a bigger train.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone will go, and I can't help thinking it will be Cav.

The only way he fits is as a World Champion marketing tool, and that's not going to get any better.
In Wiggins and Froome they have GC contention for as long as they want.
When BW hangs up his helmet (oh err), Froome might have a short time as Top Dog before Peter Kennaugh steps up to the GC plate.
All the time Ben Swift and Davide Appollonio, will collect sprints.

I just can't see Cav wanting to keep riding in 7 mins back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The dream for the 100th Tour would be for Millar join and give it one last push after winning Gold in London and for Thomas to return and aid Cav in his push for record wins.

Unfortunately Millar won't ever ride for sky because of his drug past.
Which is reason enough, but you can also add the fact that DM doesn't just ride for Garmin, he's a part owner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it's good to see all of us on here are right behind Sky and Wiggins' push for Yellow and the general superbness (yes, I did just make that up) of current British road cycling.

There's some seriously miserable cycling snobs on the cyclingnews forum. Bloody hell, what exactly is it they want ?, the kudos and anorak that goes with citing every Tour stage placing that Charlie Wegelius and Max Sciandri got or something back in the 'good old days' !? :shrug:
I've fortunately managed to miss those types, I think I'd end up assuming the character of a few on NSC, until a ban is dished out.
I wish I could say I'm surprised they exist but I'm not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 14:-

tdf12.st14.map14_600.jpg

tdf12.st14.profile14_600.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here