Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and for the tack thrower

Batard Scummy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus some quality race control from Brad and Sky.
That ought to endear them to France, even if they did put their golden boy to shame.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
There's been quite a shake up in the fantasy league. Tough times for 1066.

pantani003.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's been quite a shake up in the fantasy league. Tough times for 1066.
I think my shoulders are broad enough to take it though :lol:

Always on the cards to be honest. I've been like a rudderless ship this past week or so. I always seem to do this, start strong and then just lose my focus and get myself in a hole. The positive is that on the last few stages of The Giro I finished quite strong to defend a slipping lead. Onwards and upwards.

Well played Pantani.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So where have you been today, anywhere near WH Smiths.

I'm curious to know the dividing line between your commitment to Le Tour, and desire to win Fantasy. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He looks quite red in that picture. Do you think it's the combination of a haematocrit of 60 and coke withdrawal!
Careful now, this is a hero you're dealing with.
I've been very thoughtful of our Pantani's feelings, on t'other thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So what's the latest on this tack debacle - were they trying to target anyone in particular, how many places were tacks thrown, why did they miss the leaders?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what's the latest on this tack debacle - were they trying to target anyone in particular, how many places were tacks thrown, why did they miss the leaders?
The end of the highlights, on now, should have more.
They obviously weren't thrown until the lead group had gone by.
It was so narrow up the top, I find it hard to believe anyone was 'targeted'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Well, one things been cleared up in defence of our man Rolland - when his DS mentioned a tack on the road Pierre just followed instructions.

Joke courtesy of another forum

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, one things been cleared up in defence of our man Rolland - when his DS mentioned a tack on the road Pierre just followed instructions.

Joke courtesy of another forum
That's almost as lame as Sky's 'slow & go', but perhaps a little more believable!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Richard Moore ‏[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]moore73
Evans has a dig... got to admire the way he's riding this Tour, and lament fact he didn't ride as aggressively in 08, 09, 10...

He's not wrong

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was so narrow up the top, I find it hard to believe anyone was 'targeted'.
Sure, but riders were getting punctures in several different places, so doesn't that suggest they were thrown by multiple people in different places? And if that's the case, why did they all miss the leaders?

:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Evans has a dig... got to admire the way he's riding this Tour, and lament fact he didn't ride as aggressively in 08, 09, 10...

He's not wrong
Could you explain that in English please :)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I hope some chavvy knob doesn't think it is clever to copycat and chuck tacks all over the Olympic road race course and put the riders, especially prospective GB medalists at risk. Could be a roadside lynching if they do!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well it's a tiny chink of a sense of humour amongst the biggest bunch of bitter, miserable, up their own arses types you're ever likely to encounter. Loads of 'em saying it's the most boring Tour ever and they don't know why they even bother watching. To which the standard retort to fuckwits like that should just be - Don't f***ing well watch it then !!!

Not that I let people like that get to me you understand :lol: As you say, registering on that site would involve being banned in no time I reckon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I even put Brajkovic in my team hoping my luck would help Rolland. :lol:

I'll tell you what, if I had a purist team then that bloke would be the first name on the team sheet. Is he Dennis in disguise I wonder ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could you explain that in English please :)
Cadel has been 2 very different riders.

Before he won The World Championships at the end of '10, he was the ultimate in conservative rider.
He NEVER attacked, sitting behind the stage/race leader, thinking he'd pick them off in the final TT.
He was so predictable but still a threat, the other favourites would gang up on him in the highest mountains.
Ride away from him, and gain the time they would have lost in the TT.

This happened EVERY year.

The World's in '10, might as well have been up and down his home road.
There was no way he was going to lose, but to win he had to go on a massive early attack.
It worked, he won, and he has been attacking ever since.

It's as if a light bulb went ping over his head.

I now really like Cadel as a rider, where as I despised him, prior to his worlds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here