Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the 2 long TTs would've ended the chances of many of those riders too though.
Eventually yes.
But with nothing to ride for BEFORE any hill, it could make it a bit of a 2 week procession.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Or give a bit of freedom for a long break. Still plenty of road to go, and judging by this week plenty more crashes for riders to be caught up in. Lots more excitement to be had!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, we know there's going to be crashes, but this year is starting to get a bit silly again, just like last year.

Big decisions to be made tonight on the fantasy selection, the proper racing starts here. The real GC to take shape and big fantasy points to be had, especially for a breakaway.

One question please. Why did Zabriskie expend all that energy in the break today do you think ? A training ride for the TT perhaps ? I was surprised as I thought he'd be saving energy for that. Mind you, perhaps he just wanted to make sure he still had a chance of actually lining up for the thing, given the amount of crashes there's been in the middle of the peleton so far.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A heads up here on transfers in case anyone was unaware, as I was.

I seems you can only carry 2 over from each stage, so the maximum you get on any stage is 4. There was me thinking you could save up as many as you like. As I said earlier, I was planning to take 6 into the weekend. My boy planned the same and stuck to it and now he only has 4 to play with. Checked the rules and it seems if you don't use carried over transfers from a previous day then you lose them. Here's the ruling:

What if I don't want to use my transfers? Can I save them up?

If you don't use all your transfers you can roll over a maximum of two to the next stage. So if you use one of two transfers, and the next stage has two free transfers, you'll get three. But if you don't use that extra transfer on the next day, you'll lose it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 6 results:-

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 4:37:00
2 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team
3 Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
4 Kenny Robert Van Hummel (Ned) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
5 Juan José Haedo (Arg) Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank
6 Greg Henderson (NZl) Lotto Belisol Team
7 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD
8 Luca Paolini (Ita) Katusha Team
9 Daryl Impey (RSA) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
10 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:04

GC:-

1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan 29:22:36
2 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:07
3 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-QuickStep
4 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:10
5 Denis Menchov (Rus) Katusha Team 0:00:13
6 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:17
7 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:18
8 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:19
9 Andreas Klöden (Ger) RadioShack-Nissan
10 Maxime Monfort (Bel) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:22

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's not helped me, having 4 though. I'm genuinely stumped for tomorrow. Have ended up taking a punt on GC contenders that lost big time today but didn't fall heavily. Theory is they'll be allowed some time and they'll be strong enough to stay away.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Definitely the hardest set of transfers to make so far but I think I've settled on a team for tomorrow now. Going to take the luxury of confirming it tomorrow morning though rather than risk any late withdrawals in the morning.

Anyone else up for posting their predictions once the transfer deadline has passed? This fantasy thing seems to have made us all a bit cagey now. I'm happy to give it a go.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's not helped me, having 4 though. I'm genuinely stumped for tomorrow. Have ended up taking a punt on GC contenders that lost big time today but didn't fall heavily. Theory is they'll be allowed some time and they'll be strong enough to stay away.

I have something a bit similar in mind. Hedging my bets slightly but still gambling a fair bit.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Definitely the hardest set of transfers to make so far but I think I've settled on a team for tomorrow now. Going to take the luxury of confirming it tomorrow morning though rather than risk any late withdrawals in the morning.

Anyone else up for posting their predictions once the transfer deadline has passed? This fantasy thing seems to have made us all a bit cagey now. I'm happy to give it a go.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I'm happy to reveal that I've brought in Rolland, Van Garderen and Hesjedal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm looking at Monday, can't pick a winner now for the weekend as the breaks could be anyone.

Evans will pull Wiggins up, Roche won't be too far away.
I already have a couple of climbing cheap doms, will put a couple more in tonight.

And leaving enough cash to swap Cancellara back in for Roche on Sunday night.

CAN SOMEONE PUT UP THE ROUTE AND PROFILE, PLEASE. I've got to go to work.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stage 7: Tomblaine - La Planche des Belles Filles (board of the pretty girls)

ETAPE 07 2012.jpg
PROFIL.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...and that's why SB deals with these things and not me. Looks like you'll have to click on the images to view them larger.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't log in to change my team. Looks like their server has died (or the trans-tasman line is busy).

Literally just done mine and had no problems.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is the finish line at the top of that mountain on the right? They'll need a team of sherpas to get up that one shirley?! :ohmy:

I have no idea what you're talking about it's only a cat 1. :wink: Hors catégorie are where it gets really interesting :)

Good luck with your tips from SB. I forgot to ask you for advice on Euro tipping this time around. As a result I didn't win a single bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here