Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 6:-

tdf12.st6_map_600.jpg

The last pancake, for a little while.

tdf12.st6.profile6_600.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Impressive by Gripel today.

What do you reckon Channel 4 started TDF coverage 1983-84, been hooked ever since and to the American Football as well.

Me too, except thankfully I never got into the stop start of American Football. I used to like watching the Gaelic football though. Channel 4 in those very early days really was a breath of fresh air.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're doing a good job there then :thumbsup:

I'm chuffed to be way out in front of my two eldest in this fantasy comp, having suffered a defeat in the CdD by my 13 yr old.

Btw, noticed we were cruelly denied an extra 10pts today as Cantwell was pipped to last place by Tyler Farrar of all riders. Wonder if it was a sprint roll in finish ?
I didn't know that, I guess that's why you're the boss.

My speciality is 21st, I'm close to screaming 'just 1 more pedal you bastard' as incredibly tired athletes cross the line:lol:

Just the one dom change for tomorrow. I'm feeling slightly more confident about the terrain change, over the weekend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Glad you're feeling confident going into the weekend because I'm not. Used 2 transfers yesterday that I hadn't originally banked on, so I'll only have 4 transfers going into the weekend. I'll slip down the order I expect as I'm very sprint heavy at the moment.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Glad you're feeling confident going into the weekend because I'm not. Used 2 transfers yesterday that I hadn't originally banked on, so I'll only have 4 transfers going into the weekend. I'll slip down the order I expect as I'm very sprint heavy at the moment.

I'm leaving alone today so i've got 4 for the weekend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm leaving alone today so i've got 4 for the weekend.

Me too. Had originally planned on taking 6 into the weekend though, but Robbie Hunter's sudden liking for hitting the deck and a steal on Veelers price as Kittel was sick (and now out) was too good to miss.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Me too. Had originally planned on taking 6 into the weekend though, but Robbie Hunter's sudden liking for hitting the deck and a steal on Veelers price as Kittel was sick (and now out) was too good to miss.

Just had a look and we've virtually got the same team (it's entirely accidental I promise!).

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Got £3 left in my account, someone suggest a couple of names in with a shot of winning todays stage please. Makes it a tad more interesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming with only £3 you don't want favourites, so:-

Farrar, he needs the luck.
Veelers, although his stock is rising.
Vinokourov massive price because he has no chance but has form of going of it from 3 kms

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Assuming with only £3 you don't want favourites, so:-

Farrar, he needs the luck.
Veelers, although his stock is rising.
Vinokourov massive price because he has no chance but has form of going of it from 3 kms

Done. Farrar, Veelers and Friere. Probably lost 3 quid but livens it up for me a tad.

Cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Done. Farrar, Veelers and Friere. Probably lost 3 quid but livens it up for me a tad.

Cheers
Big lol's both have just been spat out the back!
Even Vino got further.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody glad this lot weren't riding in Italy.
They can't even ride on straight roads.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm starting to think Sagan might be earning his nickname... Bring on the mountains!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somewhat disconcerting, the massive crash on a very flat straight road.

The only thing not part of the landscape:-

A camper van.

What price a fookin idiot with a camera has just ended the Yellow jersey hopes of countless riders.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Somewhat disconcerting, the massive crash on a very flat straight road.

The only thing not part of the landscape:-

A camper van.

What price a fookin idiot with a camera has just ended the Yellow jersey hopes of countless riders.

I think the 2 long TTs would've ended the chances of many of those riders too though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here