Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a rotten thing to happen, Cav and Brad both on the ground, don't know if Brad has anything bad. Philippe Gilbert on Flemish TV "it's always the same riders who crash, they never change". Reporter: Cavendish went down too - P.G. "of course", with a smile. I don't like him anymore! Eisel says he (himself) fell first and 20 riders went over him. Still don't know if Brad is ok, fingers crossed.
It must have been Rogers I saw crossing the line.
Brad rolled in 154th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell 1066, up to 3rd overall!
Not quite he's a mightily impressive 3rd in the TdF league.

And an even more consistent-tastic 111 overall.

Chapeau fella, we don't stand a chance.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've just finished watching back the live coverage. Another nasty crash but this time one that really shouldn't have happened. Real shame for Cav. I'll be tuning into the last bit of the highlights on ITV4 +1 in the hope of seeing a Cav interview. Anyone heard anything yet? I'm wondering how injured he is and if he'll call it quits earlier than expected? Rolled home looking ok but they said he had some sort of shoulder injury.

A gift for Greipel today.

P.S Thanks for the chapeau's, but it's bound to be tempting fate. I'm bound to start plummeting like a stone at some point.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I've just finished watching back the live coverage. Another nasty crash but this time one that really shouldn't have happened. Real shame for Cav. I'll be tuning into the last bit of the highlights on ITV4 +1 in the hope of seeing a Cav interview. Anyone heard anything yet? I'm wondering how injured he is and if he'll call it quits earlier than expected? Rolled home looking ok but they said he had some sort of shoulder injury.

A gift for Greipel today.

P.S Thanks for the chapeau's, but it's bound to be tempting fate. I'm bound to start plummeting like a stone at some point.

The twittersphere suggests no real harm done.

Don't do yourself down 1066,you held your form in the giro. Some inspired choices, where did the can't well selection come from?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't do yourself down 1066,you held your form in the giro. Some inspired choices, where did the can't well selection come from?
Oi I have him too.

He's cheap :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oi I have him too.

He's cheap :lol:

:wink: :lol:

To be fair, I'm so sad I even visited his personal web page during pre tour research. Bloke was so excited to finally get his début Tour call up, seemed obvious he'd put it all out there. Also, that part of the world has moved on a mile from the days of Phil Anderson.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The twittersphere suggests no real harm done.

That's good to hear about Cav. He's a tough cookie so unless it's serious, which it didn't look like it was, he'll be back and angry tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watching these highlights. Sagan was bloody lucky you know in that crash!, took a clip but managed to stay upright.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How does Cavendish expect to win when he keeps getting involved in these pile-ups? ???

Goes with the territory for sprinters. Today's was much more unexpected as it was a safe approach to the finish - as much as such a thing ever exists as the peleton winds it up to crazy speeds for a bunch sprint.

Most of the crashes he had at this years Giro d'Italia though were the fault of irresponsible race organisers putting in ridiculous 90 degree bends right near the finish - many would say in an attempt to nobble Cav's chances of winning those stages. There was also some wanker called Farrari, but the less said about him the better.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I still have no idea how that crash happened. Maybe just too many bikes on not enough road. It looked like Hunter took contact from his left and went down, followed by everyone else. How Sagan got 4th I'll never know! Brailsford said Eisel has 4 stitches in the eyebrow but nothing broken with the usual shoulder/hip wounds you get in crashes for Cav too.

Greipel must be pleased...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 4 result:-

1 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 5:18:32
2 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD
3 Tom Veelers (Ned) Argos-Shimano
4 Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
5 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale
6 Jonathan Cantwell (Aus) Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank
7 Daryl Impey (RSA) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
8 Kris Boeckmans (Bel) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
9 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling
10 Ruben Perez Moreno (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi

No change in GC so lets have a look at the green jersey competition:-

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 147 pts
2 Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 92
3 André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 87
4 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 86
5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 81
6 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan 74
7 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD 71
8 Tom Veelers (Ned) Argos-Shimano 56
9 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Rabobank Cycling Team 46
10 Michael Morkov (Den) Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank 40

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Also noticed that the official Wimbledon thread is at 140 posts after a week and a half the TdF thread is at 237 after stage 4.

Proof that the superior sport is finally taking hold!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stage 5:-

tdf12.st5_map_600.jpg

tdf12.st5.profile5_600.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've taken Sagan out in favour of Goss.

As well as starting the process of changing my non point scoring flat doms, for non point scoring hilly doms!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here