Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You are correct, although your boy probably does not have to listen to SB and I rant about how much we hate the Schlecks, so has not had the benefit of that dubious knowledge. Also congratulations on your Tour so far, have not had the chance to say that yet, so good luck from here on in.

Funny thing is he sort of agrees with me re: the Schlecks, yet he still put him in today. He loves attacking riders and Sammy Sanchez has always been his favourite, so I'm a bit surprised at his choice today. For some reason his sister has always liked George Hincape best. It's all a mystery to me how the teenage mind works :lol:

Thanks for the congrats, very gracious of you. Good luck to you too. Hopefully one of us NSC lot can get some serious breakaway action on this Tour and score some big stage points. I'm really excited about this weekends racing, good fantasy points or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't have any issues with The Schleck's.

I really enjoy any bicyclist that only ever rides on the wheel of someone far less talented than themselves.
Plus someone seemingly not prepared to do any work on the one issue that has cost them any chance to win any of the last 6 Grand Tours.

What's not to love.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the final kick is as they say, there will be a fair few riders keen to stick the boot into BW.
He was the one found lacking in the Vuelta.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tour de France 2012 - Stage by stage

Very steep climb at the end but only 6 km long so is only Category 1. Peleton will break up!

Of the following team leaders, who is the most likely to take the yellow jersey today?

BRADLEY WIGGINS
30.95%
DENIS MENCHOV
6.64%
CADEL EVANS
26.79%
VINCENZO NIBALI
12.49%
SOMEONE ELSE...
23.14%
5014 votes

http://odds.bestbetting.com/cycling/le-tour-de-france/winner/

I voted "Somebody Else" although I would think that Bradley Wiggins is the most likely.

I also voted someone else as Wiggins and Evans won't be wanting it this early.

Maybe with Nibali giving it the big 'un today with his comments about Wiggins & Evans he can take it on and show what he's made of. I'm sure he'll be welcome to it. May even feel he can defend it well tomorrow with a descent to the finish line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If the final kick is as they say, there will be a fair few riders keen to stick the boot into BW.
He was the one found lacking in the Vuelta.

I can certainly see Evans putting a little bit of time into Brad today, so long as it doesn't mean putting himself in Yellow.

Nice summing up of the Schlecks too :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albasini is good VFM, a quality understated rider.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nibali or Chavanel for yellow I think. Or a real outsider Vladimir (abnormal values) Gusev.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chavanel. He's the fella the others will 'look down on'.
Nib's is too much of a threat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fofonov squirting water from his water bottle then throwing the whole thing at one of the idiot spectators getting too close :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get off and walk then, you annoying f*** nut.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Get off and walk then, you annoying f*** nut.

:lolol: It's nice to be at home watching live, but at least weekdays when I weatch it back 'as live' in the evenings I get to skip all the adverts.

Looks like this breakaway will be brought back after all then. Shaping up for a great finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woof woof

Loving that.

Some serious Sky willy waving there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it could possibly ruin Le Tour though.

A strong day tomorrow and a strong TT, Brad could be a few few minutes ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe Nibali couldn't get over BW.

That was such a show of strength.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Froome! :bowdown: Stat Brother! :bowdown: :bowdown:

God, I LOVE Le Tour! Was hooked ever since I hiked up Puy De Dome and saw Eddie Merckx kicked off his bike. The real star of the show, as ever, is the media coverage and the French countryside. Merveilleux! :love:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Balls out from the very first meaningful stage of this Tour. Get in there ! This could be a classic :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Froome! :bowdown: Stat Brother! :bowdown: :bowdown:

God, I LOVE Le Tour! Was hooked ever since I hiked up Puy De Dome and saw Eddie Merckx kicked off his bike. The real star of the show, as ever, is the media coverage and the French countryside. Merveilleux! :love:

Bloody brilliant aint it !

Get yourself in our fantasy league for next year. The more the merrier. You could even have a go this season for the Tour of Spain. Careful though, once you're in it you'll be hooked on all the races, not just Le Tour :thumbsup:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Fantastic day. Great ride from the Sky team, wonderful stuff from Froome and it was good to see Brad not panicking behind Evans who was standing and giving it everything (at the end) while Brad just stayed sitting and reeled him back in. I'm very happy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here