Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The breakaway is going to stay away I think. I reckon this one is for Boasson Hagen or if it stays wet whoever has the most bottle on the descent.

Hopefully some sprint points will be up for grabs for the peleton, if so think the teams may send up riders to mop them up, Thor could get max points today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh dear, Schlecks! You big losers. Looking more and more like Evans is the man to beat. Sanchez and Contador will have to attack him over the next few days as they will not beat him in the TT.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Schlecks are going to have to attack too, and Bertie. With the TT on the last day it's doubtful anyone will take more than 30 seconds, so Galibier and Alpe d'Huez should be great viewing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a bit disappointed in you, chaps.
There's no mention of NSC's very own Ryder Hesjedal :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great ride from Bert, I think we've all had a go at predicting him hammering it in the last week.
It's a shame the Schlecks aren't Albion fans, they might have seen it coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another strong ride from Cadel.

I love the fact he and perhaps Thor have both become different riders from the moment they've won the Worlds.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Schlecks dropped in a Cat 2. Evans pulling time out on Contador. Cav not being in the autobus. Still no French win. WHAT A STAGE!!!!

Tomorrow's stage...
profil-stg17.gif

Another long descent near the end should favour the ex-mountainbikers again. Will Evans fancy an attack to consolidate his position? Will Contador go again? Will the Schlecks find their legs overnight?

I'm going to go with EBH. He's had a taste of victory and I reckon he's got another stage win in him.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'll go with an ironic French win on the day the Tour crosses into Italy...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Todays stage was more suited to rouleur.
Tomorrows is more about the polka dots.

It's probably the last chance any of the 'team climbers' have a chance to earn their livings.
So I'll go for Roche.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Schlecks dropped in a Cat 2. Evans pulling time out on Contador. Cav not being in the autobus. Still no French win. WHAT A STAGE!!!!

Yep, who'd have Adam and Eve'd it !

Tomorrow I'll go for Vanendert for the stage win as he tries to take maximum polka dot points from Sanchez so he has some hope of clinging onto it come Thursday and Friday.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Crikey, what a stage!

Not sure what to make of that really 'cept Cadel's looking better and tomorrow doesn't bode well for the Schlecks with that tricky descent.

What a great Tour...

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
5. He thinks the wavey forks and seat stays on a Pinarello look rubbish and wants to ride for a team with bikes of a more classical look.

oi! I've just got my Dogma. I just need to get everything else now to build it up :facepalm:

Attachments

• Dogma.jpg
    Dogma.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 66

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Tomorrow's stage...
View attachment 26605

Another long descent near the end should favour the ex-mountainbikers again. Will Evans fancy an attack to consolidate his position? Will Contador go again? Will the Schlecks find their legs overnight?

I'm going to go with EBH. He's had a taste of victory and I reckon he's got another stage win in him.

Know much of that route from driving to/from ski holidays in France from Turin.

The hairpins and steepness between Briancon & Montgenevre are immense. We have the luxury of being in a car.

Interesting to see if a bitter Andy Schleck cheers up. Great, open Tour this year. Brilliant viewing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
oi! I've just got my Dogma. I just need to get everything else now to build it up :facepalm:

Don't confuse my Geraint projected opinions with what I actually think. Personally I love the wavy forks and stays. If I could afford a custom paint job in pink or red I would be buying one of these asap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
aaagggrrrhhhh, I'd rather have the sartorial elegance of a celeste saddle (you haven't seen the pedals yet!) than wavy forks.

I really have an adverse reaction to Pinerello's, I'd rather ride an off the peg Trek whilst kitted out in 'Mellow Johnny' stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here