Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
That was more like it, thoroughly enthralling last climb and descent, loved that burst from AC which may well have just been before Cadel was planning his attack - I've said it before but Cadel Evans is really looking comfortable and the way he pulled away from the ubiquitous Scheck sandwich was a thing of beauty. Just a shame the two Spaniards helped each other get back up close to him. How long is Voeckler going to keep yellow?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well its the final showdown, I expect a lot of nerves today and perhaps a romantic breakaway for the win for Jonny Hoogerland.

However Cadel will need to show his strengh today as Sanchez the Schelcks and Bertie all need to get time on him before Saturdays time trial.

I would Love Thomas to keep yellow but feel Cadel may want it going into the big Alpine days ahead.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be quality, bloody shame I am working, so highlights for me, well at least I am not stuck in barn in kent!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Andy Schleck you are a big f***ing girl.

My name is Andy and I am a scared little girl!

This is bike racing Andy, going down hill is part of it, maybe you should look at yourself rather than blaming others for your failings. I actually hate him now, I want Sanchez to win the Tour.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Well its the final showdown, I expect a lot of nerves today and perhaps a romantic breakaway for the win for Jonny Hoogerland.

However Cadel will need to show his strengh today as Sanchez the Schelcks and Bertie all need to get time on him before Saturdays time trial.

I would Love Thomas to keep yellow but feel Cadel may want it going into the big Alpine days ahead.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday should be quality, bloody shame I am working, so highlights for me, well at least I am not stuck in barn in kent!
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::tantrum::tantrum:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

This is bike racing Andy, going down hill is part of it, maybe you should look at yourself rather than blaming others for your failings. I actually hate him now, I want Sanchez to win the Tour.
I used to hate Evans for his moaning, but he's barely moaned all tour. Andy Schleck is indeed turning into the mother of all whiners. He can't TT and going by yesterday he can't climb either. He's just a moany little bitch at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Cadel's past mountain bike experience always helps him descend well. I often forget he rode in the 2000 Olympics on the mountain bikes.

Starting to beleive he can win it and then I'll be living about 23 minutes away from a Tour De France winner.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Moreno (EUS), Mollema (RAB), Tjallingii (RAB), Fofonov (AST), Muravyev (RSH) Amador (MOV), Paterski (LIQ), Boasson Hagen (SKY), Chavanel (QST), Casar (FDJ), El Faras (COF), Bozic (VCD), Leukemans (VCD) and Hivert (SAU)

Pick your man 5 minute breakaway - should deliver a winner

I would love Casar or Edvald but will go for a Movistar in Amador

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Moreno (EUS), Mollema (RAB), Tjallingii (RAB), Fofonov (AST), Muravyev (RSH) Amador (MOV), Paterski (LIQ), Boasson Hagen (SKY), Chavanel (QST), Casar (FDJ), El Faras (COF), Bozic (VCD), Leukemans (VCD) and Hivert (SAU)

Pick your man 5 minute breakaway - should deliver a winner

I would love Casar or Edvald but will go for a Movistar in Amador

I'm going Boasson Hagen again. If he is in the lead group come the end he will be too quick in the sprint for anyone else.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton

Can I play Devils Advocate? As much as the Schlecks are finding new ways of losing this Tour as each day goes by - they are in the same team that lost Wouter Weylandt to that fatal crash in the Giro. Maybe the impact of that was bigger to the Leopard team than the rest of the peloton? I don't remember them being particuarly bad at descents before? A google search does show what the other riders would have seen passing Weylandts and although the Schlecks weren't at the Giro, I bet they had a look. Lets see what happens today on the dodgy downhill.

All that said, this doesn't excuse their inability to properly work together going up the climbs!

I totally agree that he should just keep his mouth shut though - speaking out like that has only shown up his inabilities compared to the others

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
aahhhh scary being chased up the climb by a giant bug.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh my, all alone, hacking down an Alpine pass, in the lead, closed road, and clear blue sky.
Could life get any better.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Edvald a legend already, so good to see a rider take his chance in the Tour of Britian with HTC and then take a massive step up with sky.

Lets hope Geraint takes inspiration.

Another great stage, if you can take the next three days off do it, I envy my wife that one, highlights for me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Superb from EBH again. This lad could be one of the greats if he keeps improving like he has the last few years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My day off this week is Friday!, last week it was Tourmalet Thursday.
I was good of Prudhomme to put the tour together with my shift pattern in mind!.

Some cracking descending, you just can't beat that 'I've run out of road' feeling.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Tomorrow
profil-stg18.gif

I'm going with a Sanchez win, Contador second and Evans third.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was some comeback, to catch AC on the line, it could be important.
Coming down that descent through dappled shade looked so difficult.

Sanchez ought to do the business, tomorrow, although Dave Millar favours Basso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here