Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The **OFFICIAL** 2009 NYE staying-in thread

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Watching QI and praying my pain has gone tomorrow as I am supposed to be kicking off 2010 with a ladyfriend visiting me in Brighton and it's gonna be a pretty shitty day if I'm wincing everytime I try to stand up. What a flummin' carry on eh!?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pheasants were mint, red cabbage, tame chips, breadcrumbs, roasties, mmm, looking forward to pud, Sauternes, port, fromage, the works!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pheasants were mint, red cabbage, tame chips, breadcrumbs, roasties, mmm, looking forward to pud, Sauternes, port, fromage, the works!

Sounds nice, nowt like a well cooked pheasant with all the trimmings, can I ask what tame chips are?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Watching QI and praying my pain has gone tomorrow as I am supposed to be kicking off 2010 with a ladyfriend visiting me in Brighton and it's gonna be a pretty shitty day if I'm wincing everytime I try to stand up. What a flummin' carry on eh!?

How far she travelling to be pleased/disappointed?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How far she travelling to be pleased/disappointed?

Just from Crawley, she offered to cancel her plans and come to see me tonight but it is a fairly new venture and I do not want to ruin her impression of me as a virile young stallion (coughs) by having her assist me in my trips to the boys room or holding a cup to my agonised lips as I sip pathetically!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ok, soppy bit as I've just realized I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. Then I remembered what sort of year my gf had. We work on the ship together & she was taken ill in July. She spent 12 weeks in isolation in a crappy clinic in Malaga with TB & while she was in there her family home was washed away in the Manila floods.
She's back there now staying with relatives & recovering. Hopefully she'll get back to work, but if not she'll hopefully be attending an Albion game with yours truly later in the year.
Happy New Year to anyone who's missing someone. Yes I'm a soppy twat.
Up the Albion in 2010.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And a happy new year to you too Smudge. While not as poorly as your lady friend I have had to cancel plans with very good friends this year, I cannot travel to see my family who live in Ireland, China, Devon, and Norfolk respectively and feel a bit low and missing folk tonight. This thread is helping somewhat this eveing though!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just from Crawley, she offered to cancel her plans and come to see me tonight but it is a fairly new venture and I do not want to ruin her impression of me as a virile young stallion (coughs) by having her assist me in my trips to the boys room or holding a cup to my agonised lips as I sip pathetically!

No no you have got that wrong ,they love the nursing bit. Looking after you when your helpless and vulnerable. It's a woman thing. They then feel responsible for you and will love you forever. :cry:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
good evening everyone! im also suffering this evening on my own as i cant travel to stirling with all of my friends tonight as i have work in the morning. hope everone has a good 2010, up the albion!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003

Being a historically permanently injured man, i'd recommend milking that sympathetic nipple for as long as she'll allow. She'll see you as a brave little warrior, like one of the Three Little Ninjas or a Goonie or Ralph Macchio, for fighting on through this crippling ailment.
You never know, she might have her own disease she wants to reveal to you, making it even steven hawkins.
I reckon she won't mind.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No no you have got that wrong ,they love the nursing bit. Looking after you when your helpless and vulnerable. It's a woman thing. They then feel responsible for you and will love you forever. :cry:

Yeah you have a point, however when I am ill I prefer to be left alone. It takes me an age to get out of bed, go to little boys room etc. Find it embarrassing if someone else is there, especially if I like them if you know what I mean.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah you have a point, however when I am ill I prefer to be left alone. It takes me an age to get out of bed, go to little boys room etc. Find it embarrassing if someone else is there, especially if I like them if you know what I mean.

How long before you're willing to expose a weakness, or the fact you might be sometimes not as mighty as you might make out then?

ps - i am drinking rum.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sounds nice, nowt like a well cooked pheasant with all the trimmings, can I ask what tame chips are?

oops, iPhone typo, still getting used to it, game chips are simply nice ready salted crisps, warmed in the oven for a bit and put on the side of the plate. All. In all, quite lovely.

Now skyping the Ausies who have just got up with hangovers!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How long before you're willing to expose a weakness, or the fact you might be sometimes not as mighty as you might make out then?

ps - i am drinking rum.

I'm sure my many weakness' will be exposed if we get in the sack together!!

P.S I'm drinking Lucozade :down:

Oh and Game chips sound good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here