Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Seeing as I haven't offered stage win predictions yet, I'll give tomorrow's a bash as in theory it's a tad easier to call:

OPQS
Movistar
Garmin
Sky

Katusha possible best of the rest.

Is that your order or are you just naming four teams? A proper prediction will look like this:

1. Sky
2. Garmin
3. Movistar

Last place Cofidis, who will continue their joke of a Tour with the ultimate embarrassment, finishing behind Euskaltel in a Team Time Trial.

I don't think missing G will make a huge difference to Sky. Think of it like this, their best TT rider is better than anyone else bar an injured Martin. Their second best is Porte, probably the third best TT rider in the race. Then Kiriyenka, Boasson Hagen, Kennaugh, Siutsou and Stannard are all very strong.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that your order or are you just naming four teams? A proper prediction will look like this:

1. Sky
2. Garmin
3. Movistar

Last place Cofidis, who will continue their joke of a Tour with the ultimate embarrassment, finishing behind Euskaltel in a Team Time Trial.

I don't think missing G will make a huge difference to Sky. Think of it like this, their best TT rider is better than anyone else bar an injured Martin. Their second best is Porte, probably the third best TT rider in the race. Then Kiriyenka, Boasson Hagen, Kennaugh, Siutsou and Stannard are all very strong.
Stan's not 100% either.

Astana showed Garmin 9 is better than 5, x amount of years ago.
Sky are down to 8 possibly 7.

Movistar have been pretty quiet so far, and not in a Cofidis stylee.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
1. Garmin
2. Movistar
3. Sky

In a nice alphabetical order. If G was fit it could bump Sky up, and Garmin could have yellow by the end of the day so will be full-on (as always!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You putting your money on these clowns :jester:

[tweet]351972066641203201[/tweet]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I've got $7 on Garmin. First time in a while they've had no falls/dramas with their Ryders (pun intended) in the early stages of the tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1. Sky
2. Garmin
3. Movistar

Yep, that's my order. To confirm then:
1) OPQS
2) Movistar
3) Garmin

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

1. Sky
2. Garmin
3. Movistar

So there's a small chance of Sky going Garmin-mental?! If they had Wiggins and a fit Thomas that would certainly be on the cards, and would be a joy to watch!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Rolland's end goal is clear anyway, no GC aspirations, its go go go for the KoM.

Yep, exactly what me and my kids said as soon as he put so much effort in just for the cat 2 points to keep the jersey from Clarke. No one with serious GC aspirations puts in that much effort for so little so early. I'm disappointed in him but not entirely surprised as I don't think he's hit good enough form in time for this Tour.

I think some of this has to do with the perverse World Tour points system. Rolland cannot score any World Tour points for Europcar as they are a ProConti team and Rolland's individual points from a top 10 finish would only be relevant if he went to a World Tour team next year (possible, I know, as I think Europcar's sponsorship ends this year). Maybe he sees a KOM as a better shop window than 10th overall?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
When will we know the Start order and times?

News & Results

07/2/2013|0 COMMENTS
BY MARK WATSON
Will Team BMC Racing, led by Cadel Evans, be able to beat GC favorites Froome and Contador in today's team time trial of the Tour de France 2013? Fotoreporter Sirotti
2013 TOUR DE FRANCE STAGE 4 TEAM TIME TRIAL START TIMES AND ORDER
Start times and start order for the teams in today's 25 kilometer stage 4 team time trial of the Tour de France 2013 from Nice to Nice.
Start times and start order for the teams in today's 25 kilometer stage 4 team time trial of the Tour de France 2013 from Nice to Nice.

Start List and start times:

All times are CET (Central European Time)

15:15 Team Argos-Shimano
15:19 Team Omega Pharma-QuickStep
15:23 Lotto-Belisol
15:27 Cannondale Pro Cycling Team
15:31 Cofidis Solutions Credits
15:35 FDJ.fr
15:39 Belkin Pro Cycling Team
15:43 Team Garmin-Sharp
15:47 Euskaltel-Euskadi
15:51 Team Sky Procycling
15:55 Katusha Team
15:59 Sojasun
16:03 Pro Team Astana
16:07 Team Movistar
16:11 Team Saxo-Tinkoff
16:15 Team Europcar
16:19 AG2r-La Mondiale
16:23 Team GreenEdge
16:27 Lampre-Merida
16:31 Vacansoleil-DCM
16:35 BMC Racing Team
16:39 RadioShack-Leopard

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Here goes, first prediction, Garmin, BMC, Orica today's TTT top 3. Now try saying Team Time Trial fast 4 times in a row.......

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
OPQS flew! It'll take a strong ride to get close to their time. Garmin and Sky on the road now...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whoops, Garmin in 3rd behind Omega, then Lotto...

Who called Lotto up there, come on, who called it ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Geraint Thomas just dropped off after a massive push on the front. Got to admire the guts he is showing to ride through the pain barrier. I don't think he and Vicente are made of the same stuff...

Sky into 2nd.

current
1. Omega
2. Sky
3. Lotto
4. Garmin

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sky second. Think we have our top 3, unless BMC can pull something off. Maybe Greenedge too. Supreme effort again from G, what a legend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I told you Sky weren't up to it :facepalm:

I was one point short of putting OPQS bloke in, deciding against it, as it wasn't worth the risk. double :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here