Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sagan blew that, watching it again. If he had stayed up on the pedals another turn then thrown the bike he would have won. Great finish though and excellent work from Greenedge, they deserved that after the effort they made.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are clearly working hard for The US too.

I've made my opinions felt and I promise myself I'm not going to come on here, just to slate them.
But...it was blatantly obvious Sagan wasn't getting over Gerrans, I don't think Phil commentated on that, he just said what he assumed was going to happen.

Great ride by Gerrans.

In more broken record news, I seriously love Corsica, and really want to go.

So much for Rein Taaramae being a nailed on top 10, but at least he proved Cofidis did actually travel over to Corsica.
I thought for a minute they were joining the race tomorrow.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thomas made it in with the bus at 9 minutes down, a supreme effort in the circumstances. SBs mate Bouhanni came in 16 minutes down!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]351739456597925888[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just watched the stage back as live. My initial feelings is that Sagan is burnt out from too much racing earlier in the season AND that he has a shit team offering him next to no decent support. Won't take anything away from Gerrans' victory though as Greenedge were superb (I love Impey as a rider) and they thoroughly deserved the win. Another exciting stage today with great racing and yet more stunning scenery. Amazing that we've had scenery for the past three days that will even upstage Nice tomorrow no trouble at all. Corsica looks absolutely beautiful.

Now time to catch up briefly on the thread, so....

Rolland's end goal is clear anyway, no GC aspirations, its go go go for the KoM.

Yep, exactly what me and my kids said as soon as he put so much effort in just for the cat 2 points to keep the jersey from Clarke. No one with serious GC aspirations puts in that much effort for so little so early. I'm disappointed in him but not entirely surprised as I don't think he's hit good enough form in time for this Tour.

Ha Ha, that little look round from Clark when he saw Rolland, "Aww s***"

That did make me laugh despite the fact that I was willing him to hang in there as I like him as a rider, he deserved it today, and I owe him from last years Vuelta :)

Fair enough, their constant chat about the same old riders just grates with me now. To illustrate the point, we just had the third mention today already of Andreas Kloden. He will not finish in the top 10 under any circumstances but Phil and Paul still talk about him like he is a real contender. Basically Radioshack being Armstrong's old team they seem to know in great detail (they just read out their whole roster) have we heard anything about Movistar (with Valverde and Quintana), Katusha (with Rodriguez) or Belkin (with Mollema and Gesink) all of whom have far greater pedigree than the shambles that is Radioshack this season?

Radioshack really are a poor excuse for a team these days. Fair play to Bakelants, and what's not to like about Jens?, but Zubeldia is probably the best GC hope they have and he isn't going to be too high up I doubt. Gallopin is a talent though.

Chavanel IS a fantastic descender. Loving watching this, so brave.

Just Wow! when he came hurtling round that corner flying past Nieve and Van den Broeck like they were standing still :bowdown:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

So much for Rein Taaramae being a nailed on top 10, but at least he proved Cofidis did actually travel over to Corsica.
I thought for a minute they were joining the race tomorrow.

Oops forgot this one.

Exactly this! Having no rider in the break so far must have their DS flinging tea cups around the team bus by now. Maybe they're saving themselves for the mountains and young Rudy to light up the show? Here's hoping.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shoot me down in flames but I enjoy listening to those guys.......

I can see exactly how loads of people have had just about enough of Phil & Paul, and they do grate at times, but I'm with you, I still enjoy them for the most part.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am still with them, so it can't be all bad, it's just to cock-ups are no longer comical.

Anyhoo, please tell me I'm not the only weirdo who has to check out the petrol prices, every time they ride past a forecourt. :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just Wow! when he came hurtling round that corner flying past Nieve and Van den Broeck like they were standing still :bowdown:

It was brilliant wasn't it. Would have loved to see a camera bike following him down. Great descending is an art form. Rolland cornering like a 50p is not so great.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am still with them, so it can't be all bad, it's just to cock-ups are no longer comical.

Anyhoo, please tell me I'm not the only weirdo who has to check out the petrol prices, every time they ride past a forecourt. :facepalm:

Can't help you there SB, I've never driven a car, I'm led to believe that this petrol stuff is rather expensive. :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The ITV4 highlights 'gram is poor. Now watching the Eurospurt version, so much better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't help you there SB, I've never driven a car, I'm led to believe that this petrol stuff is rather expensive. :lolol:
It all depends what side of the island your on.

I'll be filling up on the left and driving to the right!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Seeing as I haven't offered stage win predictions yet, I'll give tomorrow's a bash as in theory it's a tad easier to call:

OPQS
Movistar
Garmin
Sky

Katusha possible best of the rest.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
The ITV4 highlights 'gram is poor. Now watching the Eurospurt version, so much better.

Totally agree with you here. I've always preferred the Eurosport coverage of the big tours. Sean Kelly and Dave Harmon can get on my nerves at times but at least the actually know loads about cycling! Unlike ligget who aint bad but makes a lot of mistakes. This new Eurosport commentator, Carlton somoenoe or other is quite good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 2, Stage 4: Nice (TTT) 25km

stage_04_map_600_670.jpg

stage_04_profile_600_670.jpg

Garmin
Movistar
BMC.

I can't see OPQS and Sky getting over really important injuries.

Should be nice though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can't see OPQS and Sky getting over really important injuries.

Tony Martin finished in the front group today so that's the major worry lessened significantly I'd say. No other injuries that I know of and the team just oozes class! Even Cav will be cracking the whip and putting in a decent shift on a short course like this I expect.

I think Sky will suffer most due to injuries because of G. He may not even start for all we know if today's heroics have put him in more pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here