Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Amazing stage today again. Great ride by Blakelants to win (thought he wasn't gonna hold on for a minute). When I saw there was no ITT near the start of this years race I thought the organisers had blundered. But to be fair its made it more exciting! Shame Sky are having a tough time of it tm with Thomas the lantern rouge! looking forward to the team time trial on Tuesday!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the number of utter morons in the crowd today, it'll be another 100 Tours before the race returns to Corsica.
Hey what was the dog supposed to do.

Loving Bakelants comments today.
He followed up 'well that's the teams Tour sorted' with 'keep saying that and I'll punch you in the face', when responding to Ned's hypothetical 'what if someone said this morning, you'd be in Yellow now'.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 1, Stage 3: Ajaccio - Calvi 145.5km

stage_03_map_600_670.jpg

stage_03_profile_600_670.jpg

Sagan
Valverde (I don't believe he's a yellow contender so he'll looking for early form to kid everyone)
A Frenchie - Gene :shrug:

Can you see what I did there?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]351472216724103168[/tweet]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can't believe nobody else has mentioned this:-

View attachment 44322

How has this not gained more attention!? 2 or 3 times it cut to this, and no one said a thing, like a flying boat is just an everyday sight over the coastline of Corsica. I was half expecting the boat to suddenly detach, a union flag to unflutter and the James Bond music to start up. Incredible. I still don't know what the hell this thing is!?

Does it land on water, the wing fold up and off your float?? Amazing.

Anyway, what a stage yesterday, the attacks on the climb were brilliant, and an thrilling finish. I've tuned into today already.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Loved it when Froome put his foot down with Porte and sent out a big message to the GC contenders that he's here to do business. Go Chris!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
classic start to BBC text commentary today with a nod to friendly drivers:

1144:
Buses blocking the route, dogs running across the road. So far, the 2013 Tour de France has been a bit like my ride into work. All we need now is for an angry motorist to cut up the entire field, claiming that he is entitled to because they are holding him up and he "pays his road tax".

As I only have lowly freeview and have to wait until 1pm for coverage to start whilst I enjoy a day off, am I right in presuming Eurosport kicks off a little earlier as they roll out?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, Eurosport has kicked off. Currently a small break of 6 inc. Westra and Rolands has been allowed to go.

Radioshack and their yellow being given pride of place at the front of the peloton.

Geraint Thomas looks to be struggling already, had to be helped onto his bike this morning. Some concern he might not complete the stage...

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Yes, Eurosport has kicked off. Currently a small break of 6 inc. Westra and Rolands has been allowed to go.

Radioshack and their yellow being given pride of place at the front of the peloton.

Geraint Thomas looks to be struggling already, had to be helped onto his bike this morning. Some concern he might not complete the stage...

Geraint has a fractured pelvis, why he is continuing i don't know, surely that has got to be rather painful and he's not going to be a lot of use to the team?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Geraint has a fractured pelvis, why he is continuing i don't know, surely that has got to be rather painful and he's not going to be a lot of use to the team?

They'll be hoping it settles down for tomorrow at least. First rest day not for another week though. He's obviously made of stern stuff, literally put on his bike this morning.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
They'll be hoping it settles down for tomorrow at least. First rest day not for another week though. He's obviously made of stern stuff, literally put on his bike this morning.

surely a fracture isn't going to heal particularly well or quickly when aggravating it constantly. Fair play to him though

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
surely a fracture isn't going to heal particularly well or quickly when aggravating it constantly. Fair play to him though

Don't know is the simple answer. The doctors cleared him to race if he wanted to. I imagine that while the small fracture might take time to heal, any tissue/muscle damage that might be causing him the most pain may settle down. I suppose it could be in an area that is fairly still on the saddle. He's still racing though, so hard as nails!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I tell you what Rolland looks completely ridiculous in that all polka dot outfit. What was he thinking? Those shorts are the worst I have seen since our own stripey shorts.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
G on the back of the peloton. At least he is in the bunch at the moment.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
G on the back of the peloton. At least he is in the bunch at the moment.

He's hanging onto the medical car now, being sprayed with some sort of freeze spray / pain killer. Looks very ginger, but he's battling on. Can't see who it is, but another Sky rider is hanging back to look after him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He's hanging onto the medical car now, being sprayed with some sort of freeze spray / pain killer. Looks very ginger, but he's battling on. Can't see who it is, but another Sky rider is hanging back to look after him.

Not sure how he can recover to be honest? Maybe he can put in an effort in the TTT then drop out, not sure what else he has to gain to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here