Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What a road this is. Would love to ride that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Geraint Thomas looks to be struggling already, had to be helped onto his bike this morning. Some concern he might not complete the stage...

Geraint has a fractured pelvis, why he is continuing i don't know, surely that has got to be rather painful and he's not going to be a lot of use to the team?

surely a fracture isn't going to heal particularly well or quickly when aggravating it constantly. Fair play to him though

Definite new kid's in town, :wave: welcome.

The correct response to a TdF injury is:-
'It's only a fracture, that was lucky it could have been a lot worse'.

When a rider has gone on to win having spent all 3 weeks with an abscess on his perineum, take a bow Greg Le Mond, you tend to look down on mere fractures. :Lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Someone has just turned Phil and Paul off, this is a good thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right I'm heading in for TdF HD, catch up.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Shoot me down in flames but I enjoy listening to those guys.......

Fair enough, their constant chat about the same old riders just grates with me now. To illustrate the point, we just had the third mention today already of Andreas Kloden. He will not finish in the top 10 under any circumstances but Phil and Paul still talk about him like he is a real contender. Basically Radioshack being Armstrong's old team they seem to know in great detail (they just read out their whole roster) have we heard anything about Movistar (with Valverde and Quintana), Katusha (with Rodriguez) or Belkin (with Mollema and Gesink) all of whom have far greater pedigree than the shambles that is Radioshack this season?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I get you, maybe it's a geek thing, they are catering to my level of knowledge more than the purists' for sure. Corsica looks amazing, incredible stage today.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Definite new kid's in town, :wave: welcome.

The correct response to a TdF injury is:-
'It's only a fracture, that was lucky it could have been a lot worse'.

When a rider has gone on to win having spent all 3 weeks with an abscess on his perineum, take a bow Greg Le Mond, you tend to look down on mere fractures. :Lol:

yeah i know they are pretty hard i just thought a pelvic fracture is going to be a hinderance to moving your legs but i'm just a bit wet and not made of the same material as them

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I get you, maybe it's a geek thing, they are catering to my level of knowledge more than the purists' for sure. Corsica looks amazing, incredible stage today.

True enough. I used to love them too, perhaps I have spent too many years listening to them.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
G still hanging on the back, phenomenal stuff from him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Impressive stuff from Clark, think it will be in vain though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ha Ha, that little look round from Clark when he saw Rolland, "Aww s***"

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rolland is a very good descender ???

He is pretty shocking yesterday I thought. He changes his line three times every corner, he is hardly Nibali.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Chavanel IS a fantastic descender. Loving watching this, so brave.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Setting up for another classic Greenedge effort for no return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here