Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav's so angry.

I loves 'im

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those casual watchers, now is the time to make a cuppa and stick ITV4 on.
It's all nutted off and they are very much in the end game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hoogerland down. He is so unlucky, maybe ten last place points for me!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One of stopping Goss look like an also ran I suppose :facepalm:

D

Deleted member 18477

What a shite finish! Whoever caused that crash has proper pissed me off!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's cycling, chaps.

We're not talking an event as predictable as say The Premier League!!

So who wants to go on holiday to Corsica?
I can't help thinking it's going to look even better over the next 2 days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was that the Gus Bus failing to get over the finishing line ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's going to take either a brave man or an absolute idiot to stick a microphone in Cav's face.

I'm going for the latter, which means Rendell, will get the interview, but it'll be short.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I think I've worked out how it's gone so sour between me and Phil Liggett, (not that he knows about it).

I tried really hard to watch dispassionately, to see if I could work it out:-

i) I forgave him the odd slip, even getting the names wrong when commentating on the same 5 man break for over 100 miles.
2) References to The AMGEN Tour of California is clearly a nod to 'other' paymasters.
C) The new one and most important - I realised he doesn't commentate on new/younger riders.
Phil has his core of riders that he's spoken about for x amount of years, and he seems to know nothing about anyone else.

Yes, the end was chaos, but he was virtually silent because it wasn't Cav/Griepel/Goss et al, basically the riders he'd done his homework on.

Anyone who thinks RadioShack are riding for Schleck and Kloden is off his head, I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for those two, let alone cycling round France. They are riding for advertising, and at a push Gallopin.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've had a sneaky bet on the youngest rider ever to start a Tour since world war 2 to be in yellow after tomorrow. Bound to be some pile ups and if it takes out all the lead sprinters then a second tier could easily come through and take the glory. I'd rather lose my money though and see everyone stay upright and watch a fair fight between all the big guns.

Wouldn't be TdF without carnage in the first week. As I said, rather see the big guns stay upright and see a fair fight but I'm not complaining at my £1 e/w bet returning me £51 for a credible 3rd place for young Danny :)

Danny Van Poppel? Seems unlikely he will win but he will be up there for sure. Bouhanni surely cannot manage to take out Cav, Greipel, Kittel and Goss who would all beat him in a straight line at this point.

Even SB can't pin this one on Bouhanni. Bad news on Tony Martin - broken collarbone apparently :( That puts a different spin on the team trial too. I spend enough time slating him, but to be fair I think Kittel would have finished top 3 in a straight sprint with everybody there anyway as he's in great form.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh I think I've worked out how it's gone so sour between me and Phil Liggett, (not that he knows about it).

I tried really hard to watch dispassionately, to see if I could work it out:-

i) I forgave him the odd slip, even getting the names wrong when commentating on the same 5 man break for over 100 miles.
2) References to The AMGEN Tour of California is clearly a nod to 'other' paymasters.
C) The new one and most important - I realised he doesn't commentate on new/younger riders.
Phil has his core of riders that he's spoken about for x amount of years, and he seems to know nothing about anyone else.

Yes, the end was chaos, but he was virtually silent because it wasn't Cav/Griepel/Goss et al, basically the riders he'd done his homework on.

Anyone who thinks RadioShack are riding for Schleck and Kloden is off his head, I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for those two, let alone cycling round France. They are riding for advertising, and at a push Gallopin.

I'd go for Zubeldia as team leader out of that excuse for a team to be honest.

I won't go there on Phil just now. I'll give him a few days and get back to you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd go for Zubeldia as team leader out of that excuse for a team to be honest.

I won't go there on Phil just now. I'll give him a few days and get back to you.
Chapeau for the winning!!

I'll be interested what the great and good of NSC make of point C. It was my new revelation today.

I must admit I don't spend much time on the riders of Radioshack, so yeah Zubeldia is yet another rider who will do better than Schleck and Kloden.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ooh forgot to mention...money very well spent by the Corsican Tourist Board I'd say. Looked bloody lovely and I can see loads of people now shunting it right up near the top of their holiday destination list as a result of today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chapeau for the winning!!

I'll be interested what the great and good of NSC make of point C. It was my new revelation today.

I must admit I don't spend much time on the riders of Radioshack, so yeah Zubeldia is yet another rider who will do better than Schleck and Kloden.

Thanks.

Like I say, I'll give Phil a few days before commenting again and will now listen out for the point you make. I suspect you're probably right though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ooh forgot to mention...money very well spent by the Corsican Tourist Board I'd say. Looked bloody lovely and I can see loads of people now shunting it right up near the top of their holiday destination list as a result of today.
As said I reckon the interior is going to look just as good, esp knowing a lovely beach is just a stones throw away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
June 30, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156km

stage_02_map_600_670.jpg

stage_02_profile_600_670.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wot, no stage 1,2,3 prediction to go with the map and profile???

Very poor this early in proceedings. I had more faith in you than that :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here