Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
FYI folks, I was born in Hove and lived in England for 30 years before coming here 19 years ago, just loving seeing the Aussies mix it up. I'll be back on (and in, on business) England when The Ashes start next week, then back in Perth for the final week of the tour and will frankly be amazed (and delighted) if OGE are anywhere near in contention. As for cycling taking on here, it already has, big time, trust me. You would not believe how many cycle anything up to 50kms to work in Perth in full TDF style gear... any new office block has to have hundreds of cycling bays and loads of changing / shower rooms, for example they need more at Woodside already. Night night.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think in world road cycling there's not much English/Australian rivalry. It's the Anglos (Brits,Aussies,Yanks) against the rest of the world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think in world road cycling there's not much English/Australian rivalry. It's the Anglos (Brits,Aussies,Yanks) against the rest of the world.
You weren't saying that a year ago when Porte & Rogers were dragging Wiggo arse around France.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a fairly good rule of thumb for Le Tour, if anything needs to be decided it's done on a count back from the previous day.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It's a fairly good rule of thumb for Le Tour, if anything needs to be decided it's done on a count back from the previous day.

Although anything the UCI are involved with can end up as a lottery...

Generally count-back for position - I think Gerrans was across the line first today too. With a TTT the 1st placed rider in the fastest team is the individual 'winner' if there are riders on the same time.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
There was a dude in an Orica GreenEdge jersey hacking round the Yas F1 circuit tonight - Train Yas night - super humid.

He managed to avoid getting stuck under the gantries.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok chaps get your G/Rendell interview comments out of the way, so I can put tomorrows profile up :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still don't like Trek's but you can't argue with the bar tape.

[tweet]352126114598092801[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
OGE really doing the business in this first week! Just imagine if Goss could have stayed upright on stage 1 as well after all the big hitters had already gone out?...yep........ he would have still been shown how to sprint by Kittel :lol: but at least he would have secured yet another second place to go with all his other ones :wink:

I think the sight of Gerrans in yellow has made me a tad bitter today. Had it been Impey in yellow I'd be pleased for him. Fair play though and credit where credit is due....that was a fantastic team ride today and to beat the might of OPQS at the moment takes some doing. Very impressive!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 3, Stage 5: Cagnes-sur-mer - Marseille 228.5km

View attachment 44386

View attachment 44387

Not too sure about tomorrow.
It looks like a stage to encourage a breakaway, but having missed out on stage one, I think the sprinters will take it.

Cav (I don't care how ill he is)
Griepel
Boohoo.

Good point well made, but don't call me Shirley.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Predictions for if my £1 e/w 150/1 shot doesn't win from the break...

1.Greipel
2.Kristoff
3.Sagan

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Poor old Geraint. He is battling through another stage, fetching water for team mates, then bang puncture.

Stops for a new wheel, mechanic does a quick change then pushes him off....on the back of his pelvis! You could see the pain shoot through him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here