Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cav's major flaw is that he makes it look so easy, that doesn't just happen from team to team to team.

Griepel's pretty much in the form of his life, and isn't going to get a sniff (well maybe one charity win) in the race of the season.

Greipel has been surpassed in the pure sprinter stages by Kittel anyway. It is surely between him and Cav for today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True enough, I hope it does happen. It was great when Sky did it a few years back, or was it last year? Might not even have been in the Tour, but I certainly remember them doing it somewhere.
Cav and Lance did it to Contador a couple of years ago.

Prompting Lance to say 'you don't win 7 tours by being lucky' :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Today's break will surely feature a Cofidis rider, they cannot keep doing nothing. Just a two man break I think, a Cofidis (I will guess Luis Angel Mate) and a Sojasun (Jean Marc Marino).

:wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everything is in place for fireworks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's been a grumpy looking peloton at the front. Some proper arguing going on. Not sure steaming through the feed station at 60km/h has improved anyone's mood.

Going to be a great finish today!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cav bunny hopping roundabouts at 60+ km/h trying to get back to the peloton after a crash!

Best British Sportsman....not arf...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Though Cav might do a Robbie McEwan and fall off the bike nearing the end but still win.

Lotto got their tactics spot on today. Hit the front at the right time, perfect lead outs and peeling off.

Reckon Cav might have got that had he not come off 40km out and had to work so hard to get back on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was so fast all day.

I don't quite know how you can have 5 riders on the front at 3k's and still come third.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cool but a little freaky, I think I'm too involved with The Returned

[tweet]352859227297034240[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So the Gorilla finally gets his stage win, and a good one it was too with a perfectly executed lead out train. Yes Cav had his crash but I think it would be mean to take anything away from Greipel today as all the big guns were there at the finish.

Really really pleased for Impey today as he's a top quality rider to always be working so selflessly for team leaders. Fair play to Gerrans as it sounds like it was a team decision and one backed up by Gerrans to give Impey the very well deserved reward of wearing yellow.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Really really pleased for Impey today as he's a top quality rider to always be working so selflessly for team leaders. Fair play to Gerrans as it sounds like it was a team decision and one backed up by Gerrans to give Impey the very well deserved reward of wearing yellow.

This would indicate the plan was indeed to let the yellow slide over to Impey.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gone for a bet today. £1 e/w on Flecha @ 66/1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gone for a bet today. £1 e/w on Flecha @ 66/1
VCD are lively (looking for a sponsor), so I pulled Wout Poels into Team Stat.

With thingy out from Lotto I'm also hoping to see something of Lars Bak, very soon.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
2nd day running with no TDF visuals, just the tour app text commentary - this is not how it's supposed to be, damn you Singapore damn you to hell

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
2nd day running with no TDF visuals, just the tour app text commentary - this is not how it's supposed to be, damn you Singapore damn you to hell

Sorry, I forgot something...., bugger, can't add the flounce smiley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here