Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Well, if anyone deserved that one it was Cannondale! Glad Sagan finished it off for them.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Enormous effort by Cannondale. Green Jersey competition is all but over bar Sagan not finishing.

It was basically a 100km lead-out! I can't see anyone else getting Green now - there aren't enough flat stages where Sagan won't feature for Cav, and too many intermediates in the mountains for Sagan to top up where Greipel will be in the bus.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Also love to know what EBH was doing, he was all over the shop in the sprint, given they fined Chavanel for 'eating in a way that damages the image of cycling' he might come under a bit of scrutiny for the way he acted in the sprint to the line if the referees are being that trivial.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Also love to know what EBH was doing, he was all over the shop in the sprint, given they fined Chavanel for 'eating in a way that damages the image of cycling' he might come under a bit of scrutiny for the way he acted in the sprint to the line if the referees are being that trivial.

He got himself boxed in, then forced a gap only to find himself behind a Cannondale rider and boxed in again. His line wasn't the best, and we're lucky everyone stayed up. I hope he brought some Swiss Francs with him...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he was going to fall, from the head on.

One look from above and it seems he didn't have much luck.
I took it he was hampered by the last of the Cannondale train, then Gallopin took his line, forcing him into the Garmin falla.

That was just from one look, but I didn't think there was much else he could do.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He got himself boxed in, then forced a gap only to find himself behind a Cannondale rider and boxed in again. His line wasn't the best, and we're lucky everyone stayed up. I hope he brought some Swiss Francs with him...

I hope that's all that they do to him. I had him in a multi-bet. All he had to do was ride straight and finish ahead of Rojas for the collect!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought he was going to fall, from the head on.

One look from above and it seems he didn't have much luck.
I took it he was hampered by the last of the Cannondale train, then Gallopin took his line, forcing him into the Garmin falla.

That was just from one look, but I didn't think there was much else he could do.

There was an opening I thought to his left he could have followed through, might have even been behind the line Sagan took.

For some reason he kept wanting to take a right hand turn line. Not his best work in a sprint that's for sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4km to go, looks like my roundabout technique has been pinched.
We've all done it.

Going from West to East I could never cope with the Worthing Pier roundabout.
Catch me out every time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 6, Stage 8: Castres - Ax 3 Domaines 195km

stage_08_map_600_670.jpg

stage_08_profile_600_670.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really good tonight in that ITV4 is only two Freeview channels away from BBC1. SO easy to dodge the ads and that tedious Boardman bit in the middle by switching to tried and trusted Scottish tennis player Andy Murray's heroic struggle at Wimbledon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Depending on how tomorrow goes, what with the gloves coming off for the GC boys.

Sunday's watching could be tricky.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm not convinced the gloves will come off just yet - 2 weeks is a long time to defend the jersey, and there's plenty of climbing left. I see a break surviving today....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Loved that yesterday, Omega absolutely nailed that train. When they got a bit swamped at about 1.5 km to go it looked real bad for them, but then the fourth man in the train came through and dragged them back through. Then again a bit swamped and Trentin pulled them through again, superb stuff. Steegmans (or is it Stegemans ???) could have won it himself he was going so fast, many sprinters would have struggled to come round that lead out.

Cav back in the green jersey race too now, I know the ITV boys think 35 points is a lot, but that is only one sprint win where Sagan doesn't pick anything up, or Cav first Sagan 5th twice. We know now that Cannondale are not strong enough to bring the breaks back on the medium stages so Sagan will not be winning a huge haul on those days like we expected initially. I think it will go right to the line, my prediction is Cav will need to win on Champs Elysee, and Sagan will need 4th or better, which he will get.

turns out Cannondale are incredibly strong. maybe they were saving up for yesterday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not convinced the gloves will come off just yet - 2 weeks is a long time to defend the jersey, and there's plenty of climbing left. I see a break surviving today....

Sky won't necessarily chase yellow, but by hitting the other GCers hard, it might come to them by default, a la Froomes first stage win, last year.
It only needs defending tomorrow then they'll have a few days off, with Cav and Lotto defending the front of the peloton.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Will Cannondale's domestiques go home now? Why put yourself the suffering when the job's done? After yesterday Green's in the bag so there's not much left for them to do. Sagan can sit in wheels and sprint off the Lotto train.

I predict a Cofidis jersey in the break today (assuming there are any in the race at all!). I'm not often right about these things...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So young Rudy was just waiting for the first mountain stage after all. Good lad! -knew he wouldn't let me down.

Superb riding by the men in green yesterday. I never thought they had it in them to be honest.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Two guys with 'bad knees' together now. Quintana and Voeckler.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sooner Kloden and Schleck the get dropped the happier I'll be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here