Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Excuse me being a dunce, what exactly does it say to you?

The implication is that the french are so hard on drugs cheats (I believe it is a prison sentence if caught over there) that the balance of probabilities are that the french are riding clean.

This stage is mental. I'm gonna miss out on watching it though as I am on 'quality time' duty with the Mrs. There are going to be some seriously tired bodies out there if they keep attacking each other.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excuse me being a dunce, what exactly does it say to you?
Sky are a proven Grand Tour team with a proven race winning strategy, who race clean.
The young'uns, basically Quintana have not been polluted by Lance et al.
The French have had the most rigorous punishments for doping, for the longest time. X amount of jail time if found guilty to be doping or with doping products.
It's been widely thought the French have been the biggest victims of the EPO era, by virtue of the fact they would be up pooh creek if found to be using.

So having those 3 disparate groups doing well at the expense of known cheats, tells me at least, that they are racing clean.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Eurosport, nice, first TDF screen time in 4 days - looks all a bit nuts today, gonna be some sore bodies. Ma's gonna want the tennis on soon so though:tantrum:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great to see Movistar making a race of it. Quite funny seeing that over head shot of Froome all on his own surrounded by 6 Movistar riders. I'm glad Sky are in trouble - restores my faith in clean riding and makes for exciting racing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Freakin Froome couldn't even be arsed to sprint out for my fantasy points.
Lazy git.

Top top notch cycling today, some amazing riding esp from Froome.
Now onto the tennis!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb racing! Nice to see Dan Martin take it. Fair play to Froome, coped with the isolation really really well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just noticed this, at the bottom of today's places:-

OTL Vasil Kiryienka (Blr) Sky Procycling

:ohmy: I didn't think that was possible.
Plenty of life in this tour yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just noticed this, at the bottom of today's places:-

OTL Vasil Kiryienka (Blr) Sky Procycling

:ohmy: I didn't think that was possible.
Plenty of life in this tour yet.

So you're saying that super dom extraordinaire Vasil Kiryienka was outside of the time limit and so now out of the Tour!? :ohmy: That is massive news if so and adds a whole different complexion to this race. I don't doubt what you say but I'm off to check that right now because that really is big news. I can't remember ever seeing a rider take such massive turns as him before and that will come as a huge blow to Sky, especially after today's weaknesses were shown for all to see. Has a virus swept the camp or something I wonder?

Edit: Bloody hell then, 'tis true! Sky will be nervous now that's for sure. Time for a tactics rethink I reckon. Movistar especially, as well as a few others, will be licking their lips at this news I expect. Game on!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you're saying that super dom extraordinaire Vasil Kiryienka was outside of the time limit and so now out of the Tour!? :ohmy: That is massive news if so and adds a whole different complexion to this race. I don't doubt what you say but I'm off to check that right now because that really is big news. I can't remember ever seeing a rider take such massive turns as him before and that will come as a huge blow to Sky, especially after today's weaknesses were shown for all to see. Has a virus swept the camp or something I wonder?

Edit: Bloody hell then, 'tis true! Sky will be nervous now that's for sure. Time for a tactics rethink I reckon. Movistar especially, as well as a few others, will be licking their lips at this news I expect. Game on!
T'is the tour that just keeps giving.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
T'is the tour that just keeps giving.

Ain't that the truth! :)

I've gone from miserable cynic yesterday to an excited little boy again all in the space of one day and one epic stage. Vive le Tour!

And to be clear, I do want Froome to win, even though patriotism isn't necessarily a big thing for me in sport, but I'm going to enjoy seeing him trying to win it battling like a warrior rather than how Wiggins did it last year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ain't that the truth! :)

I've gone from miserable cynic yesterday to an excited little boy again all in the space of one day and one epic stage. Vive le Tour!

And to be clear, I do want Froome to win, even though patriotism isn't necessarily a big thing for me in sport, but I'm going to enjoy seeing him trying to win it battling like a warrior rather than how Wiggins did it last year.
Brace yourself though, come Wednesday afternoon you could well be Eeyore again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disappointing from Saxo and Contador though. Froome was there to be broken and they couldn't muster a single attack. In fact, Contador looked like he struggled to stay with the group, whereas Movistar gave it a real go. Where were Euskaltel? Packed full of climbers, are they going to get involved!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here