Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The peloton's decided it's bunch-sprint day, as expected. 50 seconds lopped off the break in about 2km!! 40km to go, 5 mins to bring back...

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
What the hell happened there? Great lead-out and sprint from Cav, but the crash behind?!?! Hopefully everyone's ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Text book from OPQS.
Loving the abuse they were throwing to each other, we all know where it started from!

Lil Miss Stat:-
'look daddy my pants are the same as a jersey'.

So what are the chances Rolland is also parading around in red polka dot pants, tonight?
Just like a 7 year old girl.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I do believe that in answer to another thread title on here tonight, we have just witnesssed today yet another outstanding performance by 'the best current British sports star' :bowdown:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I do believe that in answer to another thread title on here tonight, we have just witnesssed today yet another outstanding performance by 'the best current British sports star' :bowdown:

Was a great ride from Cav and opqs. The train definitely benefits from Martin being back, you could see him marshaling them all and keeping the chain intact.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 4, Stage 6: Aix-en-Provence - Montpellier 176.5km

stage_06_map_600_670.jpg

stage_06_profile_600_670.jpg

Echelons

For the newbies.

Tomorrow could potentially be a fantastically tactical race.
There's a turn in the road about 30kms from the finish.
If the wind gets up from the sea, the race will be ripped apart, and the peloton will completely change shape.
Riders will be stretched out in single file across the road, and it will be nearly impossible to catch the group in front.

All wind dependent, if it kicks off I guarantee one of the favourites will miss out.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
July 4, Stage 6: Aix-en-Provence - Montpellier 176.5km

View attachment 44402

View attachment 44403

Echelons

For the newbies.

Tomorrow could potentially be a fantastically tactical race.
There's a turn in the road about 30kms from the finish.
If the wind gets up from the sea, the race will be ripped apart, and the peloton will completely change shape.
Riders will be stretched out in single file across the road, and it will be nearly impossible to catch the group in front.

All wind dependent, if it kicks off I guarantee one of the favourites will miss out.

Cool, thanks for the heads up Stat, hopefully it will be on at the hotel I'm staying at in Singapore tonight - going to miss a lot of stages when in London working next week. It's such a great time watch live in WA, 8.30 till midnight.... I'll be back in Perth for the final week though and that mental double mountain climb. What are chances of Gerrans holding on again tonight then?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I hope tonight, OGE let Albasini finish in front of Gerrans and allow him to wear the Yellow Jersey for a day.

Won't happen in all likelihood, but would be a nice team thing to do in a sport where domestiques give up so much for the top riders.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gerrans should keep yellow until Saturday. If todays stage goes like that first stage of Oman (or was it Qatar?) this year then it will make for great viewing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Text book from OPQS.
Loving the abuse they were throwing to each other, we all know where it started from!

Lil Miss Stat:-
'look daddy my pants are the same as a jersey'.

So what are the chances Rolland is also parading around in red polka dot pants, tonight?
Just like a 7 year old girl.

Judging by his appalling get up the last few days, there is a 100% chance he has polka dot pants. He is probably sleeping in polka dot duvet too and only eating vanilla ice cream dotted with cranberries.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Loved that yesterday, Omega absolutely nailed that train. When they got a bit swamped at about 1.5 km to go it looked real bad for them, but then the fourth man in the train came through and dragged them back through. Then again a bit swamped and Trentin pulled them through again, superb stuff. Steegmans (or is it Stegemans ???) could have won it himself he was going so fast, many sprinters would have struggled to come round that lead out.

Cav back in the green jersey race too now, I know the ITV boys think 35 points is a lot, but that is only one sprint win where Sagan doesn't pick anything up, or Cav first Sagan 5th twice. We know now that Cannondale are not strong enough to bring the breaks back on the medium stages so Sagan will not be winning a huge haul on those days like we expected initially. I think it will go right to the line, my prediction is Cav will need to win on Champs Elysee, and Sagan will need 4th or better, which he will get.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Is he even the best British sports star in the race? Froome could win the thing and could have won it last year, and has dominated the stage races all season.

I am playing devil's advocate a bit here, by the way.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Gerrans should keep yellow until Saturday. If todays stage goes like that first stage of Oman (or was it Qatar?) this year then it will make for great viewing.

Qatar, I think. I take you are talking about the day where the peloton got torn apart in the wind and a little break went away. Bookwalter won (or was it Warbasse) it certainly was one of those BMC Americans.

On to predictions for today. Sprint finish for sure, though one for the flat landers. Kittel will be there for sure today, so:

1. Cav
2. Kittel
3. Greipel

On SB's echelon danger today, I predict the GC contenders to lose out will be Mollema from Belkin and one of the Movistar boys (they are sure to miss one of Valverde, Quintana and Costa). If it actually happens, there is talk that the wind is due to drop when they reach the coast today.

Today's break will surely feature a Cofidis rider, they cannot keep doing nothing. Just a two man break I think, a Cofidis (I will guess Luis Angel Mate) and a Sojasun (Jean Marc Marino).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be a real shame if the wind isn't a factor.

It's always great to see the whole race ripped apart in the space of 50 yards.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Loved that yesterday, Omega absolutely nailed that train. When they got a bit swamped at about 1.5 km to go it looked real bad for them, but then the fourth man in the train came through and dragged them back through. Then again a bit swamped and Trentin pulled them through again, superb stuff. Steegmans (or is it Stegemans ???) could have won it himself he was going so fast, many sprinters would have struggled to come round that lead out.

Cav back in the green jersey race too now, I know the ITV boys think 35 points is a lot, but that is only one sprint win where Sagan doesn't pick anything up, or Cav first Sagan 5th twice. We know now that Cannondale are not strong enough to bring the breaks back on the medium stages so Sagan will not be winning a huge haul on those days like we expected initially. I think it will go right to the line, my prediction is Cav will need to win on Champs Elysee, and Sagan will need 4th or better, which he will get.

Sagan can pick up a lot in the intermediates in the mountains though, when Cav will be in the bus all day.

Is he even the best British sports star in the race? Froome could win the thing and could have won it last year, and has dominated the stage races all season.

I am playing devil's advocate a bit here, by the way.

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cav's major flaw is that he makes it look so easy, that doesn't just happen from team to team to team.

Griepel's pretty much in the form of his life, and isn't going to get a sniff (well maybe one charity win) in the race of the season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It'll be a real shame if the wind isn't a factor.

It's always great to see the whole race ripped apart in the space of 50 yards.

True enough, I hope it does happen. It was great when Sky did it a few years back, or was it last year? Might not even have been in the Tour, but I certainly remember them doing it somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here