Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Obese, Drunks and Junkies

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I was waiting for someone to comment, what part of kith and kin with close ties to this country are you having problems with ? where the french and aborigines score on that point is to be blunt, minimal,the maoris have done this country proud in many past and present conflicts.

Oh. It is then just a matter of how many have helped in past and present conflicts then. Ok so you welcome the Indians (millions volunteered and gave their lives in the world wars) and the eastern Europeans who also died assisting Britain.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh. It is then just a matter of how many have helped in past and present conflicts then. Ok so you welcome the Indians (millions volunteered and gave their lives in the world wars) and the eastern Europeans who also died assisting Britain.
*yawn* No , and you know it's not, what eastern europeans died "assisting britain " ? If you're talking about the poles I rather think you'll find that freeing Poland from the Germans was the thought foremost in their minds.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
They would be as well, they would trade with us anyway, and we wouldnt be subsiding inefficient french farmers, or in fact most of the club med countries if we are being truthful, still nothing to say on the CAP then ?

It's a subject I need to read up on before responding. I'll get back on that.

We rely on Europe far, far more then they us. I don't have statistics but a major chunk of our trade is conducted within Europe.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
*yawn* No , and you know it's not, what eastern europeans died "assisting britain " ? If you're talking about the poles I rather think you'll find that freeing Poland from the Germans was the thought foremost in their minds.

Sorry no.. I was talking about the Russians. *yawn*? Again I was just trying to understand the logic of your statements. They do not make sense to me. Probably I misunderstand what you are trying to say.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh.. I thought Russia was allied with Britain in the Wars. Without their eastern front we would have been defeated. I may be wrong then... ?

Probably best you do some research on molotov/von ribbentrop and the pact etc, if the russians had their way there wouldnt have been an eastern front, you're making yourself look silly, and yet again , the last thing on your average soviet soldiers mind as the german army swarmed towards moscow was "assisting " britain.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Yes, but tens of thousands of other indians fought for Japan (INA) and even with Germany (Tiger Legion). As for the East Europeans many millions fought with Germany (Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary) not to mention those from the Baltic states. The level of collaboration cannot be under estimated and whilst we may want to focus on the few who fought with the RAF or served with the Army the fact is that many millions across Europe helped the Nazi cause.

Still do carry on, I like 'simple history'.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Probably best you do some research on molotov/von ribbentrop and the pact etc, if the russians had their way there wouldnt have been an eastern front, you're making yourself look silly, and yet again , the last thing on your average soviet soldiers mind as the german army swarmed towards moscow was "assisting " britain.

Sorry.. I was thinking more of the 1907 pact where Britain and Russia allied to agreed to stop German Imperialism. Didn't the eastern front in WW2 help Britain avoid defeat? Or is that inconsequential? So maybe I do not have the history knowledge you have. What about the Indians tho? You did not reply to that point.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Yes, but tens of thousands of other indians fought for Japan (INA) and even with Germany (Tiger Legion). As for the East Europeans many millions fought with Germany (Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary) not to mention those from the Baltic states. The level of collaboration cannot be under estimated and whilst we may want to focus on the few who fought with the RAF or served with the Army the fact is that many millions across Europe helped the Nazi cause.

Still do carry on, I like 'simple history'.

Yeh I am simple. I thought the Tiger Legion was formed from a few Indian Students residing in Germany along with some Indian POWs.. (wikipedia). But my actual point was to bushy about his acceptance of immigrants here only if they fought in one of our conflicts. We had a few British Nazi supporters here too... And yes the fact is that 'many millions across Europe helped the Nazi cause.' esp in Germany. Simple history rules!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here