Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new shirt is hideous

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Collar, essential
Logo, no problem, they pay for it
Seagull - wrong colour! Ask Leeds if they would mind a red rose this year.
Stripes - at least they're the right size. I still own and wear the Tesco bag, Sandtex mini-stripes and the Man U replica.
Colour - a disappointment but I'll get over it.

I could always have an away shirt for my birthday this year.
and a home one for Christmas - I'll be used to it by then.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If I wash my TOFFS stripey shirt a few more times the shades of blue might be similar:cool:

Failing that-looks like I've got shell out 40 quid to keep up with everybody:( Ah well, so long as some of the dosh goes into the "Get a midfielder pretty damn quick fund".

Not too keen on moving away from our traditional Royal Blue but it might grow on me and after all, Bill Shankly changed the LFC kit to all red which went unchanged for nigh on 20 years until sales of replica shirts became an important revenue stream.

It is quite a nice looking shirt, have to admit!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the quality of our football improves to match the team we're gonna look like I won't be complaining. :jester:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Also like the traditional looking goalie's shirt...green with not too much fussiness. Bet Fran will be buying that one:lolol: ;)

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Kinda reminds me of Cov's and Huddersfield's home kit, but I like it

Also, when I first saw the black kit for the first time, I thought it looked dreadful, but that grew on me and I'm sure the new home kit will do on those people that are undecided/hate it right now!

Plus, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Simple

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I like it, reminds me of those black and white pictures you see of old Albion players.

Don't worry about the colour, it isn't light enough to get confused with Coventry or Argentina. I expect it might confuse DTG though!!

I've beenn offerred the new shirt for my birthday in a couple of weeks, I may cancel and see what the new Red away (if that is true) looks like.

This is an okay kit, but it just doesn't look like a Brighton shirt. If I wanted to a Coventry mid 90s shirt I would have one. It has got massive 'who do you support?' potential. :nono:

It is the equivalent of Newcastle deciding to go Grey & White!

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
IMHO, if the stripes were a darker blue, and the club badge was in place of the seagull, it would be 10 out of 10! :thumbsup:

As it stands, I'd give it 6.5 out of 10, and I'll expect most of us on here will end up buying one :p

I think we'll look a bit like Huddersfield, but I hope we can play a bit like Argentina when they were at their best without hand's of god! :rolleyes:

Anybody any idea on how long this is our first choice kit. Is it 2 seasons?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
At least it'll be available in all good shops (that's queen's road only then!) for Xmas (but not before!!)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Horrible. Stripes are too light, color looks crap, and because of the Seagull and errea logo the skint writing is now down by your waist!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here