Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new breed of albion fans......(Todays Mk Dons expiereince)

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
My take is very easy on today, we were not able to play a ball through to our forwards. We were not up for it but I do not give a flying f*** as shit happens and I really won't lose sleep over it, the table speaks for itself.

Agree, just a shame i wasted my money going. Ticks off another ground for me though.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
please do not tar every teenager that goes to games with the same brush, i am 17 and certainly do not swear too excessively in a game.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Agree with the OP - I was a few rows in front of the lad that called the ballboy a long-haired c*nt. Reminded me of Charlton away earlier in the season when a lad was asked to sit down by an older couple sat behind him - he turned round and told them to f*ck off. His dad was stood next to him, he turned round and said the same thing, adding 'you pair of old c*nts' for good measure. Nice.

I think it's a general reflection of the attitudes of some young people today. I started working as a college lecturer in September and have been amazed at the attitude and approach of most of the students I come across. Most requests are met with a look of 'who the f*ck are you?' or 'how dare you ask me to do something' and 9 times out of 10 very quickly descend into some sort of confrontational stand-off. Very aggressive, arrogant mentality flying around at the moment which can easily be unleashed in a football ground where you can be more or less anonymous.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Agree with the OP - I was a few rows in front of the lad that called the ballboy a long-haired c*nt. Reminded me of Charlton away earlier in the season when a lad was asked to sit down by an older couple sat behind him - he turned round and told them to f*ck off. His dad was stood next to him, he turned round and said the same thing, adding 'you pair of old c*nts' for good measure. Nice.

I think it's a general reflection of the attitudes of some young people today. I started working as a college lecturer in September and have been amazed at the attitude and approach of most of the students I come across. Most requests are met with a look of 'who the f*ck are you?' or 'how dare you ask me to do something' and 9 times out of 10 very quickly descend into some sort of confrontational stand-off. Very aggressive, arrogant mentality flying around at the moment which can easily be unleashed in a football ground where you can be more or less anonymous.

Thought his hair was a reasonable length myself.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Anyway, she did make a dismal defeat and display pass much quicker with a couple of comments. She'll be coming to Withdean for the first time against Swindon, and said (not impressed by the ridiculous cow): "Don't worry daddy, Brighton will be much better by the seaside when Gully is there." A very accurate summation of our impressive home form.

And when I asked her what she had enjoyed most about the day, she said: "I just like Brighton." That's my girl.

That just melted my heart! I hope she enjoys Swindon with Gully by the Seaside.:smile:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
What did this long haired c**t of a ball boy do? Bless him.

The usual major crimes of being slow to give the ball to the keeper and on one occasion threw a second ball onto the pitch. Surprised our boys let him leave the stadium in one piece.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
The usual major crimes of being slow to give the ball to the keeper and on one occasion threw a second ball onto the pitch. Surprised our boys let him leave the stadium in one piece.

That was about it. Poor lad heard the shout and looked genuinely upset. He will probably now think of that every time he hears mention of Brighton and Hove Albion, a nice lasting memory.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
-

Now I've been an Albion fan for about 20 years and going home and away for many a year, but is it me or are our fans getting more chavvy/scummy by the week.

I hear and read on here many stories of fighting in the albion end at Bournemouth and people showing discontent at certain albion fans behaviour.

I love to get involved, support the boys, shout my mouth off with passion and feel every kick for 90 minutes and generally enjoy the day, it's what it's all about. I litterally cant help but get involved!

But to be endured to 90 minutes of the degenerates I was surrounded by today pushed me to the limit, most of which was just incoherent nonsence being spurted out....."Greer your FACCKING SHI*, ANKERGREEEEN YOU SOPPY CAAAANT and Your spastic club with your spastic fans was a personal favorite that was blerted out in my ear.

Where do these people crawl from, what cave do they live in during the week?

As Ive said, ive been going for many a year and I think this is the worst bunch of albion yobs Ive seen....we all like a shout and a pint before the game and not for one second am I saying that people shouldnt have a rant or get involved, but it was out of control today and the point when people were calling the kid ballboys "CUN*S was too much for me and I had to have a word.

I know we lost and I know we were pants today but If this is the future fans of the club coming through then we need to order some culling for our fans as ive not seen half these morons before in my life!
Your assessment is similar to mine. I think not only are they becoming more chav like but also they're expecting us to play arsenal every week. Morons!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only non footballing problem I had today where the idiots in the Enigma pissing about with the disco equipment, to me that was totally pointless. I was also dosappointed to see so many very young children in there as the law on admittance tio children is very clear and conscise. You are not allowed in a licensed premises under the age of 16 unless it has a child certificate and you are buying food. You cannot take a 12/13 year old into a pub and buy them a coke. The law used to be 14 but is now 16. It didnt help that we went on to give a very poor performance but no doubt we will move on.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
That was about it. Poor lad heard the shout and looked genuinely upset. He will probably now think of that every time he hears mention of Brighton and Hove Albion, a nice lasting memory.

Didn't think he deserved to be singled out myself.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Didn't think he deserved to be singled out myself.

Surely no ballboy should ever be shouted at, should they? Bless 'em they're doing a little job for the club, enjoying being close to the action, last thing that should happen is some oik with less of an IQ than them shouts obscenities at them...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We moved at half time.

Blokes behind us, 40 somethings were calling OUR players KANTS all the time. Felt uncomfortable for the young family in front of me.

But, swearing happens at football. Most of us do it, including me.

The line that did it for us was "Dicker? I can honestly say that expletive deleted has not had one good game for us this season!

WTF?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Definitely agree that we have some chav like supporters now. But we had the same 30 years ago I just don't remember what we called them. Don't fall into this elitist Brighton supporter syndrome, because that is as bad as those that hate the fact we are getting our fan base back. I am a disaffected supporter that has found his way back to his first love. Does that mean I am to be treated as some glory hunter? I don't know, I didn't get involved on the back to backs. We will have a much bigger fan base next year and a bunch of them will be arseholes. We had arseholes back in the 70's and 80's ... as annoying as they are, better to have the support than none? I don't know but you'll have to get used to arseholes again... we had plenty back in the old days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here