Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new breed of albion fans......(Todays Mk Dons expiereince)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This thread is making me think twice about something. I tend to only make a couple of away games a season and it's with the same couple of mates. Usually London games sometimes in away end sometimes in home stands. We have witnessed some chavtastic morons on some occasions but tend to just laugh them off.

Was thinking of taking the gf to the Walsall game when we're up there visiting relatives as she wasn't that impressed by a dull damp Withdean experience but said would happily accompany me to Falmer early in the season and 'give it a proper go'. Have had some incredibly fun away days over the years especially as mentioned to slightly further flung locations but am worried if the extra few miles north of MK will be enough to deter some of the scenes mentioned?

I like a shout and sing as much as anyone, plus swear a fair bit but is the oh f*cking hell or sh*t type when we miss etc. or odd w*nker if someone's hacking our players or diving, rather than calling everyone in sight kaaaants! Don't think ever felt the need to shout that and deffo not at kids.

Don't want to put her off or waste the little money I can spend on following the Albion (and could save toward a couple more home games next season or even a ST). If I get her hooked or at least mildly interested and acquiescent, can hopefully turn 5 or 6 home games a season into a ST without too much grief about loss of too many of our Saturdays. Even be nice to have chance to plan the occasional weekends away we have around dates of away games. Got friends n family in Bath/Bristol, Midlands, London, East Anglia/Essex border so lot's of opportunities present themselves especially if she's happy to accompany me on some occasions, although I'd much prefer the general idea to be choosing the specific weekend to go and then let the ladies do their thing while the males in the groups (most of whom are one game a season types in need of a treat/encouragement) get a thoroughly good day out without a weekend of grief about deserting the womanfolk for the rest of the visit.

She knows that's what I've done this April date wise but with a bad first experience might become tougher in future to convince her certain weekends are the time to visit or plan a romantic trip to Cumbria lol. So question is do I take her to Walsall and risk these 'tards scuppering plans? Or change idea to just take my Villa supporting cousin to the match while his wife takes my gf shopping, and wait to introduce her indoors to August/September in Sussex?

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I know OP is mainly in relation to away games but amongst other reasons this is why I chose the Amex East Stand i.e. Respect; based on my dislike of this type of moron and my inability to keep quiet at the same time if I feel someone is behaving inappropriately (obviously a subjective concept). I do feel there is a place for volatile banter (North Stand in both the old days and Amex in time) and each to their own with respect to enjoyment, but I do not feel the need to prove my manliness with physicality (which is probably said morons chosen method of communication) and am happy for a quiet life just incase some pratt decides to take offence to me.

On away days I think you have to be prepared to be offended by morons (again subjective - who is the moron in any given scenario?) and make your own decision how you react - I am not sure what can realistically be done as it is part of football culture and I suspect always will.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You always get these people at the games closer to Brighton. There is a magic threshold of about 130 miles.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Now I've been an Albion fan for about 20 years and going home and away for many a year, but is it me or are our fans getting more chavvy/scummy by the week.

I hear and read on here many stories of fighting in the albion end at Bournemouth and people showing discontent at certain albion fans behaviour.

I love to get involved, support the boys, shout my mouth off with passion and feel every kick for 90 minutes and generally enjoy the day, it's what it's all about. I litterally cant help but get involved!

But to be endured to 90 minutes of the degenerates I was surrounded by today pushed me to the limit, most of which was just incoherent nonsence being spurted out....."Greer your FACCKING SHI*, ANKERGREEEEN YOU SOPPY CAAAANT and Your spastic club with your spastic fans was a personal favorite that was blerted out in my ear.

Where do these people crawl from, what cave do they live in during the week?

As Ive said, ive been going for many a year and I think this is the worst bunch of albion yobs Ive seen....we all like a shout and a pint before the game and not for one second am I saying that people shouldnt have a rant or get involved, but it was out of control today and the point when people were calling the kid ballboys "CUN*S was too much for me and I had to have a word.

I know we lost and I know we were pants today but If this is the future fans of the club coming through then we need to order some culling for our fans as ive not seen half these morons before in my life!

Yesterday was awful, just awful, and the football was poor too. From the first minute I had a negative, running commentary of the game from this bloke behind me where it sounded like he wanted Brighton to lose and fail. He was accompanied by his female friend who was equally lambasting of all things Brighton.

Add to that, some utter, utter twazzer who was behind this regrettable couple who delighted in shouting how 'crap Dicker' was, or 'how fuc*ing sh*t Barnes' was. I mean yeah, criticise the team, but not after the first MINUTE!!!

Due these lamentable characters, we decided to move to the far left, having been in the far right. This was no better. The party to our left, this is as left as you could see Albion fans, were constantly whining and giving unnecessary amounts of shit to Albion players, notably San DAR za?!

I didn't hear GOSBTS or Brighton Aces once, just ALBION and SEAGULLS!! What is going on??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
they have always been there but seem to come out in force in range on London and particularly when we are doing well. It will not go away but hopefully they won't be able to afford a season ticket come next year

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I knew that the away crowds tend to be a bit more boisterous, as I had my 2 young daughters with me I decided to sit out as far as I could on the left side away from the main crowd. First half was fine, but then after half time the atmosphere changed - I think it was the same group of guys referred to above. So me, my wife and kids moved all the way down to the front. Not quite as good a view, but the stewards were actually very friendly!

To be honest I don't think my girls noticed the language too much, so I tried not to make a big thing of it. The only thing that upset my eldest daughter was the result - she cried at the end and could only be consoled by McDonalds!

Gonna make sure I sit in the family stand at the Amex -hopefully getting my season tickets next week.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm not condoning the behaviour listed above, but at the end of the day this is a lower league football match we're talking about. It's not like sitting in the family stand at Withdean, its an away game during which the majority will have had a drink or two. I swear, but i'd always rise above criticising my own players with foul language (although it was difficult to do so with Henderson at Bournemouth a couple of years back).
Anyway, all i wanted to add was that IMO people are being a bit over the top, a 4 page thread regarding behaviour at away games, in which the majority are complaining about bad language? This is football, it's not the same kind of crowd as you'd find at rugby or other sports. I'm fairly confident in saying had the whole day not been such a let down, and the team had performed, nobody would have found the need to act like they did.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst 100+ were chanting the ref's a *anker behind me, I was verbally warned by a policeman at withdean once for shouting "tosser" at a Brentford player. Rightly so (I mean the Brentford player, not the rebuke which was a clear case of police brutality)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not condoning the behaviour listed above, but at the end of the day this is a lower league football match we're talking about. It's not like sitting in the family stand at Withdean, its an away game during which the majority will have had a drink or two. I swear, but i'd always rise above criticising my own players with foul language (although it was difficult to do so with Henderson at Bournemouth a couple of years back).
Anyway, all i wanted to add was that IMO people are being a bit over the top, a 4 page thread regarding behaviour at away games, in which the majority are complaining about bad language? This is football, it's not the same kind of crowd as you'd find at rugby or other sports. I'm fairly confident in saying had the whole day not been such a let down, and the team had performed, nobody would have found the need to act like they did.

Think you're missing the point. If someone stood next to me all match shouting "you sir, are a bufoon" never mind "you faacking caant" it would be annoying and I'd want to move.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yesterday was awful, just awful, and the football was poor too. From the first minute I had a negative, running commentary of the game from this bloke behind me where it sounded like he wanted Brighton to lose and fail. He was accompanied by his female friend who was equally lambasting of all things Brighton.

Add to that, some utter, utter twazzer who was behind this regrettable couple who delighted in shouting how 'crap Dicker' was, or 'how fuc*ing sh*t Barnes' was. I mean yeah, criticise the team, but not after the first MINUTE!!!

Due these lamentable characters, we decided to move to the far left, having been in the far right. This was no better. The party to our left, this is as left as you could see Albion fans, were constantly whining and giving unnecessary amounts of shit to Albion players, notably San DAR za?!

I didn't hear GOSBTS or Brighton Aces once, just ALBION and SEAGULLS!! What is going on??

good to see you 7 yer Mrs again. Seems a long time since that summers day at Swindon!

Will expect to see you at notts County and hopefully a happier day!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Now I've been an Albion fan for about 20 years and going home and away for many a year, but is it me or are our fans getting more chavvy/scummy by the week.

I hear and read on here many stories of fighting in the albion end at Bournemouth and people showing discontent at certain albion fans behaviour.

I love to get involved, support the boys, shout my mouth off with passion and feel every kick for 90 minutes and generally enjoy the day, it's what it's all about. I litterally cant help but get involved!

But to be endured to 90 minutes of the degenerates I was surrounded by today pushed me to the limit, most of which was just incoherent nonsence being spurted out....."Greer your FACCKING SHI*, ANKERGREEEEN YOU SOPPY CAAAANT and Your spastic club with your spastic fans was a personal favorite that was blerted out in my ear.

Where do these people crawl from, what cave do they live in during the week?

As Ive said, ive been going for many a year and I think this is the worst bunch of albion yobs Ive seen....we all like a shout and a pint before the game and not for one second am I saying that people shouldnt have a rant or get involved, but it was out of control today and the point when people were calling the kid ballboys "CUN*S was too much for me and I had to have a word.

I know we lost and I know we were pants today but If this is the future fans of the club coming through then we need to order some culling for our fans as ive not seen half these morons before in my life!

The trick is to simply refuse to share oxygen with these c unts.

Just move as far away as you possibly can and leave them to get on with their terminally stunted little lives. Life's too short.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Think you're missing the point. If someone stood next to me all match shouting "you sir, are a bufoon" never mind "you faacking caant" it would be annoying and I'd want to move.

Likewise. I had a few drinks yesterday, but certainly know i'm not one of the people f'ing and blinding non stop as i'd rather sing along and enjoy the game, despite the difficulty in doing so yesterday. I get the point, but people going on about this "new breed of fans" causing all kinds of trouble is way OTT, it's a football match, people will swear, don't like it then have a word and failing that move yourself, there was hundreds of spare seats yesterday.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Heaven forbid, someone said a naughty word and criticised an Albion player!

Anyone remember the 2-0 defeat at MK during the Slade survival season? I hope none of you were at that game, and witnessed Craig Davies' miss - I suspect your fragile ears would have errupted after that!

Heaven forbid, someone said a naughty word and criticised an Albion player!

Anyone remember the 2-0 defeat at MK during the Slade survival season? I hope none of you were at that game, and witnessed Craig Davies' miss - I suspect your fragile ears would have errupted after that!

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, you're 12 years old and downing Jagerbombs :nono:

:jester:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Didn't go to MK yesterday as went last year as not to impressed then.
However Notters the morons do travel more than 130 miles.
I like a good moan and swear like everyone else but at Stoke, a guy a couple of rows in front of us spent the whole match shouting at some Stoke supporter in the main stand "Do you f*** her up the arse". The Stoke bloke was to far away to hear him but he kept this up all match. I swear he didn't watch the match at all. Felt really sorry for the genuine Albion supporters who had their kids of varying ages with them.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I find it amazing that there's people who actually will defend these scumbags as if it's normal behaviour and away fans just being lads, we all have a whinge and a moan about a player or two and a good old swear if a player has a real bad game, but were not talking about a moan/grumble, were taking about real nasty people that is making people move and to some cases not even want to go.

Were not Millwall/Cardiff/Leeds, but I generally think that the more were hearing about this and its rearing its ugly head that Falmer will be a place for new albion hooligans.

I think it's disgusting to call any of our currant crop a CUN* Or a useless bastar* and shout like an out of control animal that forces people to move. Abuse ball boys and act like foul mouthed animals around kids.

If I hear any of the crap I did yesterday at the amex then I will be straight onto the club to get the ASBO removed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here