Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new breed of albion fans......(Todays Mk Dons expiereince)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
no but shouldn't we take opportunities to condemn rather than condone through passive acceptance?

Just don't see how people complaining about it on here will sort it, presuming you're not suggesting that i tap these fathers on the shoulder and lecture them during the game regarding their childs behaviour.

masterseagull

Jan 4, 2010
Just don't see how people complaining about it on here will sort it, presuming you're not suggesting that i tap these fathers on the shoulder and lecture them during the game regarding their childs behaviour.

No I am not suggesting that; but mentions of unacceptability on here might just filter through to one or two. It's a long shot . . . . .!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
That`s far to young to take a nipper to a game. Even if you go in the family stand he or she will still be a pain in the arse to everyone around when they start figeting. Why do people do it ? Just so you can tell them when they are older. I`ve been twice in the family stand this season and the last time there was a women with a three year old and a baby ffs. Her old man must be a cretin.

Bit harsh!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everyone behaves differently and to be honest yesterday was a real low point walking out the station at Bletchley as some of our fans are clueless on behaviour.

However we all have a choice in this matter and best to just avoid those you would rather not be with.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Interesting thread for me, especially in the light of a decision I took today.

I took my three-year-old daughter to her first match and after some thought decided to go in the home family section, just on the off-chance of getting sat next to some idiot like that being described in the away end. Incidentally, their section was also much cheaper for an Under-7.

Real shame, because Albion's away following is as we all know generally superb, I love being in it and for myself would far rather have been behind the goal, but I wasn't taking any chances today for obvious reasons. I didn't want her getting scared and not enjoying it on a first visit. I do know, though, that a boisterous away end is not necessarily the place for a very young child, so it's up to the parent to do whatever they need to do. I noticed (because I was looking) that there seemed to be some Albion fans with young kids in the away end who had moved right to the sides away from the main body of support, maybe that's one to try.

Anyway, she did make a dismal defeat and display pass much quicker with a couple of comments. She'll be coming to Withdean for the first time against Swindon, and said (not impressed by the ridiculous cow): "Don't worry daddy, Brighton will be much better by the seaside when Gully is there." A very accurate summation of our impressive home form.

And when I asked her what she had enjoyed most about the day, she said: "I just like Brighton." That's my girl.[/QUOTE]

If only everyone was so humble about things. Top post.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
OK. This wont go down well. I have one reservation with the Amex, that it will potentially produce a politely clapping, well played that chap kind of stadium crowd, instead of an intimidating cauldron which results in away teams picking up few points.

Seems to me as though a lot of threads involve attire to be worn at the new stadium which to a degree proves my point.

Therefore, I welcome some of the element mentioned in this thread. God, the times I've been to away games and been happy to get home with unscathed is more than most of the contributors on here have had hot dinners.

Therefore, why not have a few unsavoury characters about to ensure that our visitors dont come to the Amex and take liberties.

So you want the Amex to be the sort of byword for violence and general loutish behaviour that Old Trafford, Elland Road, the Den, and other grounds were in the 70s. What are you going to do - board their coaches a few miles out of Brighton and give 'em a good seeing to ?

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Not all us teenagers are like that. :jester:

Well said marc, everyone gets annoyed but im a teenager and dont goto a game looking to swear and constantly call the ref a ninnie.
Alot of people assume us teenage fans arent real supporters but for most of us thats not the case

I think a lot of you are way off the mark with this, It's being promoted that it's OUR fans this and OUR fans that, it's the whole fuckin country that's going down the pan, and the behaviour of the young (or even the middle aged) at stadia up and down the country is getting worse, although it's not restricted to football grounds, bizarely yesterday I was verbally abused in the Co op in North St while doing a bit of shopping, no big deal but it was the third time this year! (it wasn't the staff I might add) Some people are just 'orrible and it's country wide

Dandyman

In London village.
So you want the Amex to be the sort of byword for violence and general loutish behaviour that Old Trafford, Elland Road, the Den, and other grounds were in the 70s. What are you going to do - board their coaches a few miles out of Brighton and give 'em a good seeing to ?

I thought that was what the coach park was for ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We had arseholes back in the 70's and 80's ... as annoying as they are, better to have the support than none? I don't know but you'll have to get used to arseholes again... we had plenty back in the old days.

...exactly,... we had the Bosun, The West St, Lancing Square, Maybridge, all so called 'firms' that regularly caused trouble home and away,... although they usually took off when the big boys were around,... WHU, Chelsea Leeds etc etc..... nothing changes other than we are again a more attractive option on a Saturday now than the betting shop or pub,.... Falmer will attract them,... probably,... so be prepared.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Some people are just 'orrible and it's country wide

Sadly you are right and they are rapidly growing in numbers. Left unchecked, that's the road taken-it's easier for some/many to be horrible.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The funniest thing I've heard all season, came on Saturday. When a woman behind me, near the front said " Casper Ankergen should retire!" I dont call these the new breed of Albion fans, I call these bandwagon supporters! Where were they when we were shit a few seasons ago? Where they there through bad days such as going to Gillingham etc is a question I've been wanting to ask for months!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Most of our support, home and away, is shit. Football attracts neanderthals. Always has, always will. The more successful we become the more there will be. 90% of our older supporters have been so downtrodden by the Gillingham/Withdean years they can hardly lift their thermos flasks, and 90% of the new supporters are just chavvy scum.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
They are a vast minority so who cares? I know many groups of teenagers, including mine, who regularly go to the aways, enjoy a good drink and a sing song, and this is the same with the majority. And when we see a group like this we just laugh them off so they know they are idiots.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This thread is making me think twice about something. I tend to only make a couple of away games a season and it's with the same couple of mates. Usually London games sometimes in away end sometimes in home stands. We have witnessed some chavtastic morons on some occasions but tend to just laugh them off.

Was thinking of taking the gf to the Walsall game when we're up there visiting relatives as she wasn't that impressed by a dull damp Withdean experience but said would happily accompany me to Falmer early in the season and 'give it a proper go'. Have had some incredibly fun away days over the years especially as mentioned to slightly further flung locations but am worried if the extra few miles north of MK will be enough to deter some of the scenes mentioned?

I like a shout and sing as much as anyone, plus swear a fair bit but is the oh f*cking hell or sh*t type when we miss etc. or odd w*nker if someone's hacking our players or diving, rather than calling everyone in sight kaaaants! Don't think ever felt the need to shout that and deffo not at kids.

Don't want to put her off or waste the little money I can spend on following the Albion (and could save toward a couple more home games next season or even a ST). If I get her hooked or at least mildly interested and acquiescent, can hopefully turn 5 or 6 home games a season into a ST without too much grief about loss of too many of our Saturdays. Even be nice to have chance to plan the occasional weekends away we have around dates of away games. Got friends n family in Bath/Bristol, Midlands, London, East Anglia/Essex border so lot's of opportunities present themselves especially if she's happy to accompany me on some occasions, although I'd much prefer the general idea to be choosing the specific weekend to go and then let the ladies do their thing while the males in the groups (most of whom are one game a season types in need of a treat/encouragement) get a thoroughly good day out without a weekend of grief about deserting the womanfolk for the rest of the visit.

She knows that's what I've done this April date wise but with a bad first experience might become tougher in future to convince her certain weekends are the time to visit or plan a romantic trip to Cumbria lol. So question is do I take her to Walsall and risk these 'tards scuppering plans? Or change idea to just take my Villa supporting cousin to the match while his wife takes my gf shopping, and wait to introduce her indoors to August/September in Sussex?

Walsall will be fine - their stewards are shit hot about preventing any abhorrant behaviour such as standing/swearing/nose-picking etc. I reckon they took lessons from our lads at Withdean in how to destroy an atmosphere. You will have no problems with chavs there :)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Walsall will be fine - their stewards are shit hot about preventing any abhorrant behaviour such as standing/swearing/nose-picking etc. I reckon they took lessons from our lads at Withdean in how to destroy an atmosphere. You will have no problems with chavs there :)

I think this will be the day (obviously if we carry on the way we've been) that we get promoted. If this is the case, I think it's safe to say there will be a huge Albion presence...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here