Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new breed of albion fans......(Todays Mk Dons expiereince)

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
BYF, you have my sympathy. From your description,it sounds like the same people I had the misfortune to be near to at Bristol Rovers. I suppose every team's got em, but we appear to have more than our fair share these days. I sure hope none of them are too near me at Falmer. I can cope with the odd chav at away games but imagine knowing that they're gonna be next to you EVERY home game!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There might be idiots but then there always have been. At least these days you don't get morons trying to start a ruck, older fans will know what I mean. Granted there are no doubt a few who are bandwagon jumping but as long as they help pay the club wages that's okay by me.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
It was the same for us at MK yesterday. We moved after the first 20 minutes because of the drunken idiots who would not sit down in front of us, and ended up sitting in front of a father and son, who both spent the whole match swearing. "F###ing c##t" just sounds so much more wrong from a voice that hasn't broken yet! I would be so proud if he was my son. Don't misunderstand, we are proper fans and give plenty of vocal support, but what is the point of verbally abusing your own team in the way so many did yesterday?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I wasnt aware of that much of this going on yesterday, perhaps I got lucky where I sat although it sounds like I was in the area discussed as I clearly saw the ball boy get two balls on the pitch. For ref though he did not look upset, he laughed when he sat down.

What I did see was 2 guys just to the right of the goal spend the whole of the second half shouting at Mk's keeper.
Martin.....David....Dave...oi Martin......MARTIN...Dave Dave Dave.....etc etc repeat for 45 mins.

Not sure why though???

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
As I've said, ive read on here many a time about these kind of fans ruining people's day and I guess it was just unfortunate yesterday that I got first hand expiereince........The problem being that if you try to talk to these people about their behaviour there's a good chance you can end up having a proper row/punch up with these scum.

The guy yesterday that I told to shut his mouth as his anger and language was being aimed at a 9 year ball-boy didnt bite back and just shut up and didnt say anything else.

I'm glad ive spent nearly £600 at Amex for my season ticket as hopefully this will ensure no dross like i was surrounded by yesterday.

My advice is dont take it in your own hands, move away, tell a steward and get them removed!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Not being funny but what do you expect when you go to a football match either it is with Brighton or any other club. People swear at football matches and yes some probably go over the top compared to everyone else but not alot you can do about it.

masterseagull

Jan 4, 2010
I also had the misfortune of standing amongst a group who believed the c*** word was okay to bandy about with litle children in the area.
As for standing up the whole game . . .move to the back if you want to stand and let old timers like me sit down!
And why did that moron squeeze into the row and stand so that there were 6 people in the space for 5 seats?
What happened to fans sticking together and looking out for each other?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must admit, I'm starting to enjoy the more distant away games a hell of a lot more, because all these pissed, embarrassing old idiots don't tend to bother going.

I love it that we do have such great numbers for away games, but I find myself cringing more and more when you're standing at some train station or other and you hear the moronic rumblings of fifty blokes singing "...and I said f*** off bollocks you're a ****" echoing up the stairwell. It's like kids, getting some kind of thrill out of people's reactions to them swearing. And we all know that is what they're doing because they always sing that particular line of "My Old Man..." much louder and with more emphasis.

Please don't give me the old "but it's a football match" because when you're at a station fifty miles away, two hours after the game, it really isn't.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If it was at Falmer I'd make a point of complaining about such people to the club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I must admit, I'm starting to enjoy the more distant away games a hell of a lot more, because all these pissed, embarrassing old idiots don't tend to bother going.

I love it that we do have such great numbers for away games, but I find myself cringing more and more when you're standing at some train station or other and you hear the moronic rumblings of fifty blokes singing "...and I said f*** off bollocks you're a ****" echoing up the stairwell. It's like kids, getting some kind of thrill out of people's reactions to them swearing. And we all know that is what they're doing because they always sing that particular line of "My Old Man..." much louder and with more emphasis.

Please don't give me the old "but it's a football match" because when you're at a station fifty miles away, two hours after the game, it really isn't.

Witnessed this at Bristol. I felt embarrassed for them. So sad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The question is whether the loudmouth morons that seem to pop up at away games are going to be Amex STHs. If so, it will be easier to clamp down on the excesses of behaviour. Very few people don't swear but most use it in context rather than some badge of honour that they keep having to remind everyone of! At the moment, there are probably plenty of away fans who don't go to Withdean so lifebans etc don't currently bother them.

masterseagull

Jan 4, 2010
It's not alays 'old idiots' . .the majority of the one brain cell brigade near me were barely out of their teens.

QUOTE=edna krabappel;3986205]I must admit, I'm starting to enjoy the more distant away games a hell of a lot more, because all these pissed, embarrassing old idiots don't tend to bother going.

Please don't give me the old "but it's a football match" because when you're at a station fifty miles away, two hours after the game, it really isn't.[/QUOTE]

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Not being funny but what do you expect when you go to a football match either it is with Brighton or any other club. People swear at football matches and yes some probably go over the top compared to everyone else but not alot you can do about it.

I expect young boyboys (Children) not to be abused in foul language, thats not on!

It wasnt about the swearing, I swear at games when aggreived at something, but for 90 minutes, slating our own players with ridiculous comments about them being shi* Cun*s!

At away games I agree it's difficult and just moving is about the best option but it shouldnt be this way, I want our fans to be passionate and supporting the team and to create an atmosphere but I dont recognise the recent new breed coming through.

I dont know whether it's the pre-Amex brigade having a few warm up away games to familirise themselves with the club and players again after being out of the albion scene for a few years, but as ive said, this aint good!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Agree with this. Since the FC united game, some fans seem to have developed the sloop John b? song with the line: 'town X is a shithole, I want to go home.'
I am sure thats great banter inside the ground but singing it up the High street to the old grannies & young mums with buggies is just plain embarrasing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On a more positive note this should only happen at Brentford now so after that away days will be a laugh again.

Wardyland

Jan 7, 2010
Seaford
Hit the nail bang on the head my friend.

Unfortunately I echo your thoughts as I read through these posts. Hopefully they'll contract some nasty diseases from copulating with close members of their families then die off quickly. Got no time for racist morons.
Going to see a lot more of them as we climb up the leagues. The days of 5000 die hard bobble-hats at Withdean are already gone.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
The usual major crimes of being slow to give the ball to the keeper and on one occasion threw a second ball onto the pitch. Surprised our boys let him leave the stadium in one piece.

Oh ok thanks. I do recall the incident but didn't hear the abuse but i was stuck on the wings even though my ticket was supposed to be behind the goal. Could not be botherd to fight for my seat.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
What surprises me is the amount of drugs at away games. Is this normal? Noticing it more and more. Must be a cocaine addiction amongst brighton's new breed of fans!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
What surprises me is the amount of drugs at away games. Is this normal? Noticing it more and more. Must be a cocaine addiction amongst brighton's new breed of fans!

What's normal?! Out of 2000 people, would surprise me if anyone wasn't taking anything. People have taken drugs at football for many a year, many a Saturday spent at the Goldstone on a come-down/still buzzing after a Friday night at the Zap nearly 20 years ago.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
This is not really new to me, I take you back to Carlisle away a couple of years ago where our away fans decided that it was acceptable to abuse the home sides cheerleaders ( barely teenagers ). Please tell me where the logic or the respect for another person is in doing something like that to young kids who were just doing something they love????

This was also my wifes first football match and she left with the distinct impression that; despite me saying our fans were not the stereotypical idiots you always hear about, that they were indead just that. It also left me wondering what was going on..........never did I hear this at the Goldstone and only once at Withdean when a guy decided to call the ref a ..."c*#t", he was promptly removed from the South stand by Police!

We have a distinct style of football, lets not allow these kind of 'people' ruin that or the Amex!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here