Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The minutes applause for Muamba ...... Why ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
not at all , time and time again you show yourself up to being the plum you are ............ carry on.

Oh bless you... you'll be wanting a kiss next xx

Oh dear. That's not so good, your replies are getting a bit samey now. Do you want to have another try?

Nah bored now, I'll leave empty lives to have their moans about anything and everything if it helps fill the gap.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I joined in the applause at last night's game and believe that it was the recognition of the greater football community's respect for any player in such circumstances. We applaud any player being carried off with a serious injury even though that may be much less significant than was in the case of Fabrice Muamba.

Irrespective of anything else, the club considered it appropriate so, for me, that was enough !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I joined in the applause at last night's game and believe that it was the recognition of the greater football community's respect for any player in such circumstances. We applaud any player being carried off with a serious injury even though that may be much less significant than was in the case of Fabrice Muamba.

Irrespective of anything else, the club considered it appropriate so, for me, that was enough !

That's they way I see it. If it had been a Rugby player or something it would not been done. I think it is a tremendous heart warming tale which has joined people together rooting for this guy and bringing out the best in human nature, something we see less and less of nowadays and with all the shit and bad news we endure daily now. I really can't see how it has inconvenienced everyone so much.

Strange World we live in now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Totally agree.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was not there last night but think I would have joined in with the applause. It seems pretty mean spirited not to.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I'm looking forward to benefit concert in Hyde Park. We can all show how much we care and sing along to the new Sting/Bono & Geldof song My Heart Must Go On.

If we all wear Albion shirts we can show that lot from Selhurst up, for being the uncaring wankers that they are. Their applause last night was nothing short of total shite!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
1) He's alive
2) The soldier who lead the team on to the pitch kinda had his moment taken away (i thought).
3) Do we now do a minutes applause for all footballers that suffer the same thing ? God forbid he'd actually died !

Im not saying our thoughts shouldnt be with him but get a grip people (i even saw 2 young lads with with a home made t-shirt on with the words 'pray for Muamba') :rolleyes:

I am trying to convince my self I have not just read a post as pathetic as this... :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm looking forward to benefit concert in Hyde Park. We can all show how much we care and sing along to the new Sting/Bono & Geldof song My Heart Must Go On.

If we all wear Albion shirts we can show that lot from Selhurst up, for being the uncaring wankers that they are. Their applause last night was nothing short of total shite!

Oh the dripping sarcasm... the I'm Alright Jack mentality is quite toe curling.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Silly for people to make comparisons between personal experiences and Muamba.

Obviously something like that happening on live TV in such a global interest as football will attract more attention then similar situations in other industries, hence the media hype.

The whole thing has just shown unity in football, which I have to say is quite refreshing given that it's certainly been one of the more controversial season both on and off the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here