Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The minutes applause for Muamba ...... Why ?

Jul 20, 2003
I think we should have a minutes silence before every game for Lady Diana and another one for Madeline and another one for that school teacher who died in the space shuttle

it's only right

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Those on here making a completely over the top moan out of an incident last night that showed support to a soldier and a footballer in a critical condition in hospital just beggar belief. Do you seriously have nothing better to do?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Interesting article in the Times this morning.

"‘Dry your tears. We are witnessing the fetishisation of grief. It is dubious’"

Those on here making a completely over the top moan out of an incident last night that showed support to a soldier and a footballer in a critical condition in hospital just beggar belief. Do you seriously have nothing better to do?

No-one's going 'over the top' except for the way you are describing the dissenters and I don't think anyone's moaning at all about clapping the soldier.

Jul 20, 2003
Interesting article in the Times this morning.

"‘Dry your tears. We are witnessing the fetishisation of grief. It is dubious’"

This really kicked off with Diana, man alive some of that was nauseating

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whereas your statement is fact, is it?

I made no statement which would in definition mean a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing, I made a comment which in essence is a remark expressing an opinion or reaction, and therefore wouldn't expect a reply to claim 'fact'. Bit of a curve ball thrown in there.

I made no statement which would in definition mean a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing, I made a comment which in essence is a remark expressing an opinion or reaction, and therefore wouldn't expect a reply to claim 'fact'. Bit of a curve ball thrown in there.

Semantics isn't going to help you here, sonny. Sorry to break the news to you but your comments/statements/opinions have as much or as little validity as anyone else's on here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Semantics isn't going to help you here, sonny. Sorry to break the news to you but your comments/statements/opinions have as much or as little validity as anyone else's on here.

Oh I like the use of 'sonny', it's a very superior word isn't it? Do you feel superior now? I hope so, you deserve it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think we should of done the applause for Muamba with the Soldier, who lead us out. Not the one minute applause for him, because it seemed to go on forever.

Exactly. The point is, why have that heroic Albion fan who almost died fighting for our country and the freedom of others lead the team out and then have him stand there while we all applaud for a footballer who is getting better after falling ill while playing a game.

A mention of Muamba would have been fine - even a minute's applause but not in the midst of the genuine outpouring of respect for a true hero.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh, I'm sorry*. I presumed (correctly) that you were trying to be a smartarse with your pedantic reply so I just responded in kind.

*written for effect. I'm not really.

Assumptions/Presumptions aren't really a good trait to have, and to think I was impressed with your superiority. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here